Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2014 4:21:34 AM EDT
Did you all see this?
http://www.tuscolatoday.com/index.php/2014/06/29/is-wolverine-human-services-preparing-to-house-central-american-refugee-children/

It looks like this group "wolverine human services" plans to move some of the new illegals to Vassar.

This was one comment that caught my attention about Snyder:

"teabagmebaby
June 29, 2014 at 9:41 am
It has been one year since the Republican National Committee released a report calling on Republicans to tackle immigration reform and grow its Latino base. But since that time, little progress has been made to win the hearts and votes of Latinos from Capitol Hill Republicans.
House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, appears to have backed away from an earlier pledge to push immigration reform through the House this year. In fact, House Republicans made headlines last week for bringing a bill to the floor aimed at rolling back President Barack Obama’s executive authority to curb deportations. Even RNC Chairman Reince Priebus, a co-author of the GOP autopsy report, admitted the Republican Party is still too fragmented to move forward with one comprehensive plan at this point.
“There’s general agreement that we need to have serious immigration reform, but I don’t believe there’s general agreement as to what that reform is,” Priebus said during a breakfast with reporters Tuesday.
[READ: A Republican Alternative to Obamacare Is a Risky Proposition]
But while Washington is gridlocked, divided over immigrant visas and border control, one Republican governor remains committed to reform, if for no other reason than to help save his state and bring its economy back from the brink.
Michigan’s Republican Gov. Rick Snyder, has presented a vastly more progressive stance on immigration reform than his colleagues inside the beltway. In his January State of the State address, Snyder unveiled an aggressive plan to not only embrace immigrants in Michigan, but to recruit them to revitalize Detroit. Snyder’s plan included an executive action to create the Michigan Office for New Americans, a mechanism to integrate new immigrants into the state. Snyder also announced a visa program that could help attract 50,000 immigrants to his state.
Snyder has been a strong advocate for Congress to fix the “dumb” immigration reform system for a long time. But ultimately, he says, he cannot wait for Congress to act.
“People have different styles,” Snyder told U.S. News in a recent interview. “I try to focus in on what the positive solution is to a problem. Don’t worry about blame or credit. Solve the problem.”
[ALSO: RNC Chairman Says 'Obamacare Designed to Screw Young People Over']
There’s another factor that separates Snyder from his GOP colleagues in the House. Instead of trying to limit Obama’s executive authority on immigration reform, Snyder is asking the president to use it and increase the number of high-skilled worker visas available to Michigan.
“This is a way for the federal government to help without a financial bailout,” Snyder says. “I hope this can be done through executive action.”
Alfonso Aguilar, a Republican pro-immigration strategist, says it is no surprise that Snyder is one of the voices leading the GOP on immigration reform. Governors have a record of putting practicality ahead of political posturing, he says.
“The governors understand the need for immigration reform. Politicians in Washington say they are in touch with the people, but they are in a bubble,” Aguilar says. “The disconnect is that ironically, conservative members in Washington are responding to the anti-immigrant lobby and talking heads rather than listening to the governors who understand the issue better.”
Snyder’s approach to immigration is no doubt shaped in some part by the politics of his state. Snyder is running for re-election this year in a state Obama won by comfortable margins, twice. However, Snyder is still a rare immigration advocate in his party."
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw Snyder for the leftist, RINO he is back during the last primary. Only voted for him in the general election as the lesser of 2 evils. He keeps narrowing the gap between the Republican wing of the Democrat party and the Soviet Democrats. He occasionally throws us a bone to keep us coming back to vote for him then sells us out on 10 other things. His kind will ensure the demise of our state and ultimately the entire Republic.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
In the event of his reelection he is free to do as he pleases. His term limit has me worried the most he will tell all of use to shove it!
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#3]
One thing you failed to include is that in order to qualify for one of the visas the applicant MUST invest a substantial amount of money into the city of Detroit, and only the city of Detroit through basing their high tech businesses in the city. This in turn creates jobs in an otherwise jobless demographic. These jobs will then help to employ recent college graduates who would most likely leave the state in favor of greener pastures in rival cities such as Chicago. Furthermore, this program has yet to be approved. Governor Snyder remains focused on strengthening Michigan's economy through common sense reforms and policies.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 4:17:50 AM EDT
[#4]
If it leads to 50,000 more tax paying workers in Michigan, I see no problem.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 7:36:05 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Nope! near as I can tell, minors won't be holding any MI jobs, just a cash drain: SNAP cards, section 8 housing, blah-blah

Private Facility to House Illegal Kids

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:28:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nope! near as I can tell, minors won't be holding any MI jobs, just a cash drain: SNAP cards, section 8 housing, blah-blah

This is a different issue. This one is bullshit. Federal goverment will shove these kids down the states throat if that's where they decide to house them. Nothing the states can do about it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is a different issue. This one is bullshit. Federal goverment will shove these kids down the states throat if that's where they decide to house them. Nothing the states can do about it.

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Even if they were working age, they will be the recipient class (food stamps, section 8, Medicaid). They are 50,000 new Democrat voters, voting to keep those who take from you to give to them in power. That's what is the main driving force behind "comprehensive immigration reform". Importing a 3rd world underclass to advance the Marxist agenda.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  The comment listed in the first post about Snyders' proposals has little to do with the housing of illegals in Michigan.  He's asking to issue visas for outside skilled labor, not under age illegals.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
What are you smoking?
The idea is to give these kids amnesty and then they can bring the whole family over and create a few hundred thousand new Demoncraps.   They will all be on welfare and those of us still working will be paying for all of this.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What are you smoking?

The idea is to give these kids amnesty and then they can bring the whole family over and create a few hundred thousand new Demoncraps.   They will all be on welfare and those of us still working will be paying for all of this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are you smoking?

Read three  posts up.  I was commenting on Snyder's plan for skilled laborers, not the housing of under age, unskilled illegals.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 12:24:22 AM EDT
[#12]
IDK what he's talking about but a busload of illegals getting dumped in Vassar doesn't have anything to do with investing in jobs in Detroit.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 3:06:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes, that's what was weird about that first comment after the article.  i read the linked comment first, then read the rest of the article it has little to do with.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

IDK what he's talking about but a busload of illegals getting dumped in Vassar doesn't have anything to do with investing in jobs in Detroit.
View Quote
Wonder why Vassar?

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Wonder why Vassar?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wonder why Vassar?  
They probably voted R in a big way.

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 3:19:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Wonder why Vassar?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wonder why Vassar?  
Small town, out of  the way, probably hard to scare up a big crowd for opposition.

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#17]
They had a meeting about this Wend.   here are a couple quotes from politicians on this:

"This is a Christian issue. It's about responding with help, giving
and doing our part, and I think most people would view it that way. We
have to ask ourselves, are we going to be the good Samaritans?" — Dan Grimshaw of Vassar, a Republican candidate for the Michigan House of Representatives 84th District

"The housing of illegal aliens is violating U.S. laws. President
Obama is failing to uphold the Constitution and laws enacted by
Congress. ... President Obama would be classified as a domestic
terrorist. He is creating an atmosphere of fear and terror." — Tom Wassa of Fairgrove, a Republican candidate for the Michigan House of Representatives 84th District

I know which guy I would vote there.

Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:19:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Even if they were working age, they will be the recipient class (food stamps, section 8, Medicaid). They are 50,000 new Democrat voters, voting to keep those who take from you to give to them in power. That's what is the main driving force behind "comprehensive immigration reform". Importing a 3rd world underclass to advance the Marxist agenda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+87
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#19]
What I find amazing is how many of these kids have made the trip that's equivalent of walking from Texas to Minnesota.  That has to be one hell of an organized trafficking network.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Read three  posts up.  I was commenting on Snyder's plan for skilled laborers, not the housing of under age, unskilled illegals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are you smoking?

Bad door to open, smells like NAFTA 2.0. Let's Export high paying technical jobs now! Snyder is NOT trustworthy, he is big business in office as a bottom line.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:58:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What I find amazing is how many of these kids have made the trip that's equivalent of walking from Texas to Minnesota.  That has to be one hell of an organized trafficking network.
View Quote

Correct. And who really has the balls to investigate? Any caucasian without connections goes down there to start asking questions probably gets greased or thrown in jail.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:54:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bad door to open, smells like NAFTA 2.0. Let's Export high paying technical jobs now! Snyder is NOT trustworthy, he is big business in office as a bottom line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are you smoking?

The more I think about it, it sounds like he's hoping to bring in foreign engineers and developers, and give them incentive to take root and start a business.  Is it too difficult to attempt to attract folks that already live here to invest in the Detroit area?
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Open carry AR15 rally in front of the busses.
View Quote

Looks like some of the residents feel the same way

http://www.abc12.com/clip/10365877/protest

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top