Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2014 7:42:40 AM EDT
Haven't been around a lot lately, have a few new guns to try out and was thinking of heading up to the pit. Haven't seen any threads on the pit here, is it still good to go, or did someone succeed in shutting it down?
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 8:21:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Okay, still looking for replies, but I did manage a search of sorts. I found an archived thread from 2012 with the new "paper/cardboard" target rules, I can deal with that. Anything more I need to know, please chime in. Otherwise, I'll be there tomorrow morning with some new toys to test/ sight in. Tempted to really load up, but gonna cut it back for now (driving around the State with a full on arsenal just seems "silly" ).
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Give us a feedback, after youve gone. I have wanting to go there too.  Been a while.  And its a good drive.  so give us a report?
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Give us a feedback, after youve gone. I have wanting to go there too.  Been a while.  And its a good drive.  so give us a report?
View Quote

Will do. Been a bunch of years for me. Taking about 4 lever guns and maybe 4 ARs (need to sight in 4 red dots).

Just occurred to me to go, was just looking for a place to test out a new Colt SAA with lead (indoor ranges prohibited). But have a BBQ w/family to attend in the PM that puts me up that way, figured might as well make a day of it and save some driving from a dedicated trip.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I was there about a year ago.  No real changes - paper/cardboard targets, too many shooters to do any meaningful sighting in but okay to try out functionality stuff such as which buffer is better in your 9 mm AR and the like.

Good luck and enjoy!
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was there about a year ago.  No real changes - paper/cardboard targets, too many shooters to do any meaningful sighting in but okay to try out functionality stuff such as which buffer is better in your 9 mm AR and the like.

Good luck and enjoy!
View Quote

Thanks. Bit of a late start so I decided to bag the sighting in, left the ARs at home, was going to make it strictly a cowboy shoot (new Colt Single Action Army was my main reason to go anyway, plus some new lever guns).

So I packed up all the cowboy stuff, 3 single action six shooters, 2 Winchester 92 replicas, one 66 replica, a Rossi Ranch Hand and two mule eared coach guns. Stopped at Bass Pro and dropped a bit over $200 on ammo and a target stand (pistol rugs on sale for $5). That 45 Colt ammo is pricey even there, and they were beating some internet prices.

Loaded that up and pushed North. About 3 miles North of Lapeer, I hear a familiar sound and feel a lack of power from under the hood... Damned Ford 4.6 has spit out a spark plug (an oddball defect in design, barely any threads grabbing). Never heard of this until last Fall when it happened to me the first time (this is the third), but the Auto Parts guys (some of them) are familiar with it.

End result I didn't make the pit today.  By the time I'd gotten a new plug to take hold and replaced the resister coil, I was already late for the Family thing in Armada, so I headed there instead.

Think I'll try again soon, but probably on a week day, so less shooters/more room for me.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
been there a couple times this year so far nothing but good luck.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 1:10:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Went there yesterday. GTG. Bring paper or clay targets and something to hold the paper.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Was there about a month ago on a Tuesday and it was nice and quiet for a change.  I hope that place keeps going strong.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I remember hearing about some shit the pit's neighbors were doing a couple of years back.  Boards with nails buried under the entrances, coming over and cussing people out, etc.  Has that ended?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I remember hearing about some shit the pit's neighbors were doing a couple of years back.  Boards with nails buried under the entrances, coming over and cussing people out, etc.  Has that ended?
View Quote

I haven't had any issues. I only go about once a month though.
Now seeing that a few people on here shoot there, I am interested on how many of you I have seen there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I've wondered that as well. I've seen some pretty nice setups.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:03:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Man, I haven't out that way since an old MI HTF clean up where we had a dumpster, BBQ's, etc.

I joined LGC, it was closer and I didn't have to worry about what we worry about the pit..then I ran out of time for LGC and I quit.

I need to join out there again.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top