Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2014 5:12:32 PM EDT
Is rabidly anti gun I hear. Was told today that the ownership is from England and that they are seriously frown upon the second amendment. Just thought I'd share, carry on.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Bass Pro has a big range there and they do CPL classes there, I don't know about the rest of the place.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Must be a new stance. They were a place where others open carried all the time. I was in there a year back and watch 20 plus youts get into a fight. Gehtto trash drops their kids off and leave. I was there with my wife and daughters. I will not go there unarmed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is rabidly anti gun I hear. Was told today that the ownership is from England and that they are seriously frown upon the second amendment. Just thought I'd share, carry on.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/15/2014 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#4]
As far as I can tell only Toby Keith's Restaurant overtly posts no gun signs. I cc all the time in the mall
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 5:58:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As far as I can tell only Toby Keith's Restaurant overtly posts no gun signs. I cc all the time in the mall
View Quote
I haven't been in there, I guess I'll keep going to On The Border.

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#6]
In case you were not aware of this; Genesee county has a Greyhound bus which goes to that mall every day and drops off a load of convicts who pretend to clean the place. The bus comes back later in the day to transport them back to their cell. A friend of mine who is a prison guard told me about this.  One day I was there with my teen age daughter, and while l was walking behind her l heard a homie make a suggestive comment to her. Keep that in mind when you take your family out for a fun day of shopping at Great Lakes Crossing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 4:22:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see your and raise you a double

I'd never set foot in the place again if they posted no gun signs.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

+1...and Oh Ya...Toby Keith is an A$$ Clown. He can stuff his Red Solo Cup!!

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In case you were not aware of this; Genesee county has a Greyhound bus which goes to that mall every day and drops off a load of convicts who pretend to clean the place. The bus comes back later in the day to transport them back to their cell. A friend of mine who is a prison guard told me about this.  One day I was there with my teen age daughter, and while l was walking behind her l heard a homie make a suggestive comment to her. Keep that in mind when you take your family out for a fun day of shopping at Great Lakes Crossing.
View Quote

Interesting.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 2:56:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I go there all the time and have never had a problem with caring in the mall. Can you site your sources please?
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 3:15:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I go there all the time and have never had a problem with caring in the mall. Can you site your sources please?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Taubman Centers (NYSE: TCO) is an owner of regional malls in the United States, and has headquarters in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.

Don't see any mention of England, or Great Britain.

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I could not find anything that they are anti 2A
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#13]
They now have "no weapons" listed on those signs of mall rules, and the AMC theatre now has "no guns allowed" signs in the doors. Funny enough, the signs have small prints that justify it because seating capacity exceeds 2,500

...but I always understood the 2,500 rule to be per SINGLE THEATRE or event? Am I wrong? None of those auditoriums seat 2,500...

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They now have "no weapons" listed on those signs of mall rules, and the AMC theatre now has "no guns allowed" signs in the doors. Funny enough, the signs have small prints that justify it because seating capacity exceeds 2,500

...but I always understood the 2,500 rule to be per SINGLE THEATRE or event? Am I wrong? None of those auditoriums seat 2,500...

View Quote

Its one building, with a controlled entry. The individual theaters cannot operate independently, and its listed as an "entertainment facility" in the law. Seems to be close enough for a day in court to decide.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:49:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

We do not have a definition of what "Facility" means.  Whether that pertains to one theater/arena or if that pertains to the entire property is up to the courts.  I wouldn't want to be the test case.  If there is an AG opinion on this matter, I am not aware.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:56:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We do not have a definition of what "Facility" means.  Whether that pertains to one theater/arena or if that pertains to the entire property is up to the courts.  I wouldn't want to be the test case.  If there is an AG opinion on this matter, I am not aware.
View Quote

As the first offense for violating this part of the law is only a civil infraction, I am not surprised there has not been more of a push to get it clarified.  Heck, brandishing only now has enough push to get it more clearly defined in statute.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:55:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

As the first offense for violating this part of the law is only a civil infraction, I am not surprised there has not been more of a push to get it clarified.  Heck, brandishing only now has enough push to get it more clearly defined in statute.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top