Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2014 1:47:13 PM EDT
       Here is something you can do to fire a shot across his bow.

Snyder picked Brian Calley to be Lt. Gov.  Calley was supposed to be conservative but rapidly became Snyders lapdog.

Some of us in the Republican party are trying to off Calley and replace him with a tea party backed conservative for Lt. Gov.

What this will do is to let the Republican leadership know that conservatives are not going to go along to get along and the leadership

needs to start seeing things our way.  We've had enough of RINOs.

The way this happens is that the Republican candidate for Lt. Gov. is selected by delegates to the state Republican convention.

Delegates at the convention also select the candidates for Attorney General and Secretary of State.

To accomplish this, we need delegates to the state convention, we need you to be a delegate.

To be a delegate to the state convention you first need to be a precinct delegate.

How do you do become a delegate?

It's pretty easy.  You need to find out what precinct you are in from your town or city clerk.

You need to file a candidacy declaration with your county clerk.  Fill it out completely, have it notarized

and file it by May 6, you will be on the ballot for the primary for August 5.

Many precincts across the state have more delegate positions than candidates.  Go to the polls,

vote for yourself (you do need at least one vote), and you're elected.

The only time you need to put in is the application, your county convention (about 3 hours on a week night), and

the state convention on 8/23.  It's one day in Novi.

We really need your help, winning this isn't a matter of campaigning or strategy, it's massing the numbers to defeat the

Republican establishment.

We can turn the MI Republicans conservative but we need the numbers to do it.

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
We need to make to so democrats aren't voting for "their" republican choice in the primaries and screwing up the results. That's where our problem lies with getting a conservative elected.

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 3:20:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I already AM a precinct delegate. The Republican/RINO party's corruption starts at the local level. ANY voice that doesn't toe the party line, and hail Snyder, Romney, McCain, etc, as glorious, is shouted down, and their vote not counted. The voice "votes" are simply the chairperson picking their best buddies, making a list, reading off the list, and asking for a show of hands.

The same goes at a state, or national level, or did the party forget that? They changed the rules whenever the conservatives or libertarians threatened the party line.

And folks wonder why I don't bother anymore.

Add in the fact that we've got an open primary, and the D's are smart enough to pick the crappiest RINO they can find, and make HIM win the primary...

Good luck.

I did not vote for Snyder before. I will not do so now. And after his and his cronies in the Senate neutered the repeal of handgun registration, I will actively vote and campaign AGAINST him. He needs to be punished.

I may go through the trouble of going to the state convention... But it won't accomplish much.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We need to make it so democrats aren't voting for "their" republican choice in the primaries and screwing up the results.

View Quote
You are correct.

A big reason for that is, internally, the Republican party supports an open primary.

That way the state pays for the primary elections.

We could select candidates through a convention, caucuses, or closed primaries but they don't want to do that.

If you want to change the Republican party, become a precinct delegate and help us elect new leadership.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The Republican/RINO party's corruption starts at the local level. ANY voice that doesn't toe the party line, and hail Snyder, Romney, McCain, etc, as glorious, is shouted down, and their vote not counted.  - BTDT, we need numbers to stop them.  I'm not as active as I was, but I'm not giving up.

I did not vote for Snyder before. I will not do so now.  He needs to be punished.  Costing them an election may be the only way to get them to not take us for granted.

I may go through the trouble of going to the state convention... But it won't accomplish much. At the last convention we missed replacing the current chair by about 40 votes out of about 1,200.  A lot of people didn't show up for that vote because they thought nothing would happen.  Maybe we can get sufficient numbers to have a ARFCOM caucus!.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Republican/RINO party's corruption starts at the local level. ANY voice that doesn't toe the party line, and hail Snyder, Romney, McCain, etc, as glorious, is shouted down, and their vote not counted.  - BTDT, we need numbers to stop them.  I'm not as active as I was, but I'm not giving up.

I did not vote for Snyder before. I will not do so now.  He needs to be punished.  Costing them an election may be the only way to get them to not take us for granted.

I may go through the trouble of going to the state convention... But it won't accomplish much. At the last convention we missed replacing the current chair by about 40 votes out of about 1,200.  A lot of people didn't show up for that vote because they thought nothing would happen.  Maybe we can get sufficient numbers to have a ARFCOM caucus!.  

I am perfectly fine with ANYONE who opposes Snyder winning the election.

The problem HERE, at least, is that they take "volunteers" to the state convention. And it's funny how "volunteer" means "buddy of the corrupt county chairperson."

Perhaps, in other counties, there's a shot for folks who are sick of his, and the party's shit, to get through, and on to the convention.

I know I don't have a chance here, as they know who I am, and where I stand, and will do anything they can to prevent me. To include simply not putting my name on the list, no matter how many times I bug them.

I'm thinking I am going to be limited to voting against Snyder in the primary. And hopefully he doesn't make it to the general, for me to vote for the democrat. I WILL vote against Snyder, no matter what. But it'd be nice to have someone replace him in the primary, so there's someone to vote FOR at the general.

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Of course, the democrats, and union supporters, hate Snyder just as much as we gun rights supporters do. And there are PLENTY of others pissed off at the scumbag as well, for myriad reasons.

Perhaps, he only serves one term.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#7]
The entire delegation thing is new to me, as I am not well read on it.  I am politically active in orther ways.  With that being said, I'll give it a shot.  I'll run.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 12:58:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Here is the application form to get on the ballot:
http://www.mi.gov/documents/Aff-ID_Precnt_139901_7.pdf

To do this you just need to be a registered voter and 18 or older.
Don't sign it until you are in the presence of a notary. Make sure to check off all the question boxes. It's important to put in the correct precinct number you live in. You can look that up here: https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/mivote/

These have to be dropped off or mailed to your county clerk by May 6, but it's a good idea to do it earlier in case there is a mistake, so you can correct it in time.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Of course, the democrats, and union supporters, hate Snyder just as much as we gun rights supporters do. And there are PLENTY of others pissed off at the scumbag as well, for myriad reasons.

View Quote

My father who has been a republican for 60+ years has said that he will not vote for Snyder ever again !

1 billion dollars from schoolchildren and rapeing grandma and grampas fixed income pension = 1.5 billion surplus.

He's pissed and will not be voteing for any republican in this coming election.

One tax increase after another will tell you what to look forward to if he gets a second term.

As for me, I cant support any republican that increases my taxes, fees, without cutting government first.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By GingerNinja

The problem HERE, at least, is that they take "volunteers" to the state convention. And it's funny how "volunteer" means "buddy of the corrupt county chairperson."

View Quote
I know what you mean, the committee elections here are completely rigged for the establishment.

We have had enough of our people to put up a fight and make them work for it though.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The entire delegation thing is new to me, as I am not well read on it.  I am politically active in orther ways.  With that being said, I'll give it a shot.  I'll run.
View Quote
Thanks!  If you have questions feel free to send an email.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My father who has been a republican for 60+ years has said that he will not vote for Snyder ever again !

1 billion dollars from schoolchildren and rapeing grandma and grampas fixed income pension = 1.5 billion surplus.

One tax increase after another will tell you what to look forward to if he gets a second term.

As for me, I cant support any republican that increases my taxes, fees, without cutting government first.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm with you, let's vote for the Democrat and everything will be better!

The Granholm years were fantastic!
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 3:33:32 AM EDT
[#13]
nvm
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, I'm a bit nervous about what he'll do regarding SB610 here in Michigan.

Definitely not a fan of his. His campaign actually had the nerve to send a kid to the last Ingham County Gun and Knife Show to collect signatures for his re-election.  I couldn't believe the stones on his campaign manager to send this kid there to do that after killing the expansion of the CPL law.  As though we'd just forget about it, which made me physically ill I was so upset by it.  I didn't yell at the kid or anything, because he was just some college intern they shoved out there, but it really pissed me off.

If he doesn't sign SB610 into law than I swear to God and all that is holy that I will not only not vote for him, but throw money toward his opposition. If he signs SB610 I'll begrudgingly vote for him, but he'll never get my full support.

I wish we  could toss him out of office and run Bill Schuette for Governor.

Link Posted: 3/16/2014 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#15]
If you have a surplus why not either give the tax payers a larger refund or in the alternative put it toward our horrible roads?

That's what I would like to know.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Is there a way to see how many delegates are in one's precinct? My county Republican Party website does not list the local delegates like some other counties do.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Is there a way to see how many delegates are in one's precinct? My county Republican Party website does not list the local delegates like some other counties do.
View Quote
You could probably find out the last elections number of delegates from your town clerk.

They are revising the numbers down because there was less Republican turnout in 2012 than in 2010.

AFAIK they don't have final numbers yet.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#18]
So you would rather elect a democrat?

You would rather have another Granholm for 8 more years?

Snyder is no where near perfect but he is what we have.

People like you that are short sighted and libertarians will hand our state back to the democrats.

Until you can put a better candidate on the ballot I will vote for any R in any election.

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 12:06:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Until you can put a better candidate on the ballot I will vote for any R in any election
View Quote

Yep

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 2:54:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Until you can put a better candidate on the ballot I will vote for any R in any election.
View Quote

That's precisely the attitude unprincipled politicians count on. Mr. Snyder knows he can kick you in the face with a veto of the CEZ removal bill, and you will come back every election and vote for him. He's got it in the bag, he has nothing to worry about. Now that it's an election year, he'll sign some pro-gun bill and he can count on gun owners remembering only that, slinking back to him  like a whipped dog. You get the government you deserve.

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yep

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Until you can put a better candidate on the ballot I will vote for any R in any election

Yep

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I really need to read up on this guy... I only know how he vetoed the CPL bill.

My boss has a hard on for snyder and I want to be able to tell him how much he sucks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The only time you need to put in is the application, your county convention (about 3 hours on a week night), and

View Quote

Just a couple of questions. I have a copy of the "2013 Manual for Precinct Delegates" , one section reads:

Originally Posted By 2013 Manual for Precinct Delegates:

What are the duties of a precinct delegate?

The official role of a precinct delegate is to attend, actively participate and vote at each county convention during the two-year term. Precinct delegates should assist local parties and candidates with a variety of activities, and serve as a liaison between their local party and their community.
View Quote

It then goes on to tell about assisting in activities such as voter identification, Get-Out-The-Vote program, poll challenging, and working the polls.

So, if I understand this correctly, the only actual required duties of a delegate is what you have previously mentioned, but these other activities are other ways the delegate can assist with the process? Does the local party ask the delegates to assist in these items, or is it up to the delegate to volunteer? I do not have much experience with the system outside of voting and am trying to understand how this functions.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That's precisely the attitude unprincipled politicians count on. Mr. Snyder knows he can kick you in the face with a veto of the CEZ removal bill, and you will come back every election and vote for him. He's got it in the bag, he has nothing to worry about. Now that it's an election year, he'll sign some pro-gun bill and he can count on gun owners remembering only that, slinking back to him  like a whipped dog. You get the government you deserve.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 3:57:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yeah, I'm a bit nervous about what he'll do regarding SB610 here in Michigan.

Definitely not a fan of his. His campaign actually had the nerve to send a kid to the last Ingham County Gun and Knife Show to collect signatures for his re-election.  I couldn't believe the stones on his campaign manager to send this kid there to do that after killing the expansion of the CPL law.  As though we'd just forget about it, which made me physically ill I was so upset by it.  I didn't yell at the kid or anything, because he was just some college intern they shoved out there, but it really pissed me off.

If he doesn't sign SB610 into law than I swear to God and all that is holy that I will not only not vote for him, but throw money toward his opposition. If he signs SB610 I'll begrudgingly vote for him, but he'll never get my full support.

I wish we  could toss him out of office and run Bill Schuette for Governor.

View Quote

He will veto it, or simply refuse to sign, assuming he doesn't have his cronies in the senate squash it, hide it in a comittee, or nueter it. Either way, it's not going to pass in any form that would be beneficial to We the People.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 4:04:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So you would rather elect a democrat?

You would rather have another Granholm for 8 more years?

Snyder is no where near perfect but he is what we have.

People like you that are short sighted and libertarians will hand our state back to the democrats.

View Quote

Yes. Snyder will NEVER get my vote. It really IS that simple. If it means the RINOs have to lose their seats of power to get it through their heads that they need to quit being RINOs, then so be it.

Ironically enough, Granholm was more pro-gun than Snyder has been. And at least the D's don't HIDE the fact that they hate freedom. The R's, Snyder in particular, hide it, and then throw our rights out the window, grow the state .gov, and raise the taxes... and the party hails it as a win.

No thanks. Snyder needs to be punished. I did not vote for him before, and I will not start now. I'll vote for an R opposing him, but if there is no R opposing him to vote for, then I will vote for a different party, or straight up for the D.

Snyder IS a damn democrat. Or haven't you noticed???
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 4:09:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Exactly. May your chains rest lightly upon you.

Voting for the "lesser" evil, is still voting for evil. That's what got us into this mess to begin with.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 4:12:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Just a couple of questions. I have a copy of the "2013 Manual for Precinct Delegates" , one section reads:

It then goes on to tell about assisting in activities such as voter identification, Get-Out-The-Vote program, poll challenging, and working the polls.

So, if I understand this correctly, the only actual required duties of a delegate is what you have previously mentioned, but these other activities are other ways the delegate can assist with the process? Does the local party ask the delegates to assist in these items, or is it up to the delegate to volunteer? I do not have much experience with the system outside of voting and am trying to understand how this functions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Originally Posted By 2013 Manual for Precinct Delegates:

What are the duties of a precinct delegate?

The official role of a precinct delegate is to attend, actively participate and vote at each county convention during the two-year term. Precinct delegates should assist local parties and candidates with a variety of activities, and serve as a liaison between their local party and their community.

Well, you don't actually HAVE to do ANYTHING. OR, you can skip all the local meetings, and then demand a seat at the state conventions. Or, you can become a involved at a local level as you want to.

2 year term... I guess that means I need to go get back on the ballot. As I'm the ONLY delegate in my township, my election is a given, for all the difference it makes. I guess I was under the impression it was 4 years.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
It's up to the individual how much they want to participate.

If you're elected you'll get a bunch of emails asking you to support candidates and various party efforts, like phone banks and door to door canvassing.

It's completely up to you to decide what you want to do.

If you want some information on who might better clue you in to local issues, send me an email.

I'll try to find some conservative contacts in your area.

For this cycle we want to get delegates to go to the state convention and who will challenge the current party leadership.

One way to do this is, at the state convention, we want to defeat Calley for Lt. Governor.

Among other things, Calley helped push Obamacare in Michigan which the Republicans voted in last year.

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Thank you for the replys and the information. I feel as if I should be more involved in making my voice (and those of like minded conservatives) more known. At this point I am just curious and am undecided if I am ready to enter into something like this yet. This all gives me much to think on.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Thank you for the replys and the information. I feel as if I should be more involved in making my voice (and those of like minded conservatives) more known. At this point I am just curious and am undecided if I am ready to enter into something like this yet. This all gives me much to think on.
View Quote

Well, if you don't mind getting more letters, emails, and phone calls from folks trying to get your vote... Then go for it. You could decide after you're elected you don't want anything to do with the corruption, and say screw it.

It's not hard to unsubscribe or block emails, or screen calls.

On the OTHER hand, you may find that you enjoy screwing with the corrupt folks, or even better, actually manage to make a difference.

Either way, ESPECIALLY if there's no one listed as a precinct delegate in your precinct, you really should get your name on the ballot.

In my case, I'm completely unopposed here, on the ballot. Unfortunately, I'm COMPLETELY opposed at any county meeting. They drink the RINO kool aid RIGHT up.

It's worth a shot, at least.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, I guess it would not hurt to at least call the local Clerk and see who was elected last time. I will have to wait until next week now as they are only open 9 - 2, Monday - Thursday.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:       Unfortunately, I'm COMPLETELY opposed at any county meeting. They drink the RINO kool aid RIGHT up.
View Quote
Are there any tea party or campaign for liberty groups in your area?

You could probably find some allies there.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 4:15:40 AM EDT
[#34]
I won't be voting for him in the primaries.

Too anti-gun.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 4:31:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Are there any tea party or campaign for liberty groups in your area?   You could probably find some allies there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:       Unfortunately, I'm COMPLETELY opposed at any county meeting. They drink the RINO kool aid RIGHT up.
Are there any tea party or campaign for liberty groups in your area?   You could probably find some allies there.

There are a few. I'm familiar with them, and hang out with some of the folks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I have talked to my County Clerk, looks like there was no names on the ballot for 2012 in my precinct. It looks like someone should give it a go.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:26:26 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I have talked to my County Clerk, looks like there was no names on the ballot for 2012 in my precinct. It looks like someone should give it a go.
View Quote
How about you?  It's only a few hours and we could use the help.

If there is more than one delegate position in your precinct find a like minded neighbor.

Email me if I can be of any help.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:42:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If there is more than one delegate position in your precinct find a like minded neighbor.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said. Why not YOU?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the question I have been asking myself. My wife even told me that I should do it. I have the forms all set, I just need to get them notarized. I believe the county clerk will do this, if not I know of a public notary. I will submit them next week when I have some time off. I already follow a few online news sources concerning the State government and am also on the email list from the Michigan.gov website, are there any other information sources which I should keep up on? I at least want to be informed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Pretty much. Why not?

Also my bank, 53rd bank, will notarize things for free but I think you need to have an account or something. Your bank might do the same. I've had them notarize a few purchase permits.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:48:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is the question I have been asking myself. My wife even told me that I should do it. I have the forms all set, I just need to get them notarized. I believe the county clerk will do this, if not I know of a public notary. I will submit them next week when I have some time off. I already follow a few online news sources concerning the State government and am also on the email list from the Michigan.gov website, are there any other information sources which I should keep up on? I at least want to be informed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, linking up with your local/county RINO party, and/or Libertarian party, (or any other party you're interested in) can help get info on which candidates THAT party supports.. BUT... the people running for office will contact you, through email, mail, or phone call. Just so you know.

As for notarization, the county clerk will notarize it for you, at no cost, when you turn the paperwork in to them. When I ran, it took all of ten minutes to fill the form out at the clerk's office, and then they stamped it, and I was on my way.

Not very complicated.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#42]
My wife even told me that I should do it.  Are there 2 positions in your precinct?, you could both run, we did!

I just need to get them notarized. I believe the county clerk will do this,  I think the county clerk here does it, I don't know about other counties.

I already follow a few online news sources concerning the State government and am also on the email list from the Michigan.gov website, are there any other information sources which I should keep up on? I at least want to be informed.  

Once you file for precinct delegate and include your email address you may start getting emails from the various candidates who receive nominations at the state convention.  I've been getting campaign notices and surveys.

Is there a local tea party group or Campaign For Liberty in your area?  You may want to attend their meetings, they tend to be well informed.

If you need some help finding them, let me know.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#43]
......  are there any other information sources which I should keep up on?
View Quote

MLive     Often liberal, but extensive and up to date Michigan coverage.

GRM

LSJ

Depending on where you are, there are some more regional sources like:

O.P.

RM

Take your pick from the right hand column links here: MTTM

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top