Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 23
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]
This game will define how the rest of the season goes.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Pop up and a double play?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Bases loaded, no out, one fucking run.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#4]
KC will be the ALCentral champs this year
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#5]
We don't deserve to be in the post season.  So pathetic.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Jobu strikes again.

There is nothing as demotivating, as seeing that sorry Fat fuck running out of the pen.

There is no excuse for the Bats being this damn moody. None.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like KC is sucking ass against Shitcago.

Still a chance of the Tigers squeaking in, but like I said before, I just don't see any post season potential, thanks to the fucktarded dumpster fire we have for a bullpen, Neurotic hitting, and Dumbrowski neutering the starting line up in order to sell jerseys.

Fister and Smyly would be damn handy to have right now, and worth two of David Price.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Still a chance of the Tigers squeaking in, but like I said before, I just don't see any post season potential, thanks to the fucktarded dumpster fire we have for a bullpen, Neurotic hitting, and Dumbrowski neutering the starting line up in order to sell jerseys.
Fister and Smyly would be damn handy to have right now, and worth two of David Price.

View Quote

Yeah. The Fister trade was an ass raping.

We trade Fister to get Smyly into the rotation and try to get back bullpen help and a pitching prospect. OK, makes sense if you are looking at developing talent and keeping future payroll down.

But both guys we got back sucked, and Smyly is inconsistent. Hmmm...

Better trade for David Price! Fuck yeah! We got David FUCKING Price! An ace of aces! Cy Young winner! Three Cy Young winners in the rotation!

Oh wait, David Price sucks now! But hey, Drew Smyly is pitching better than Price EVER has, with just a simple tweak.

An now the season boils down to relying on a former Cy Young winner who has been up and down.

Oh and Fister, yeah AMAZING season with the Nats.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:31:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We trade Fister to get Smyly into the rotation and try to get back bullpen help and a pitching prospect. OK, makes sense if you are looking at developing talent and keeping future payroll down.

Better trade for David Price! Fuck yeah! We got David FUCKING Price! An ace of aces! Cy Young winner! Three Cy Young winners in the rotation!

Oh wait, David Price sucks now! But hey, Drew Smyly is pitching better than Price EVER has, with just a simple tweak.

An now the season boils down to relying on a former Cy Young winner who has been up and down.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smyly got sent to the Farm with a 3.24 ERA....

David Price. 3.36 ERA

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:45:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sums up my feelings for this team all year. In the next few years it's going to get ugly as the Verlander and Cabby contracts kick in and they have to surround them with AA caliber players because of the payroll.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:06:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

David Price. 3.36 ERA

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

David Price. 3.36 ERA

Price's ERA as a Tiger is 3.97

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:29:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

David Price. 3.36 ERA

Season ERA just ain't tragic enough for ya?

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:55:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Glad I didn't watch the game last night.  I won't watch it when a AAA player is pitching....

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:50:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Glad I didn't watch the game last night.  I won't watch it when a AAA player is pitching....

View Quote

He did OK until Miggy messed up.If a "Veteran" can't keep the mental game up in pressure situations ,how can a rook be expected to?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He did OK until Miggy messed up.If a "Veteran" can't keep the mental game up in pressure situations ,how can a rook be expected to?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4.2 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 4 SO ERA: 4.35

The only good thing I see in Lobstein's line is the 4 SO's.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did post that you did not watch the game,right?
I repeat,he did OK until Miggy messed up.Do you recall when that was
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#17]
It's not the kid fault he's only a AAA pitcher that got called up early due to injury
It's not his fault he's in there in a pressure situation,the clubhouse manager managed his way into a corner by not planning according to the need
The General Manager managed the situation into happening in the first place by getting rid of Fister and Smiley Guy's $167,650 salary
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  Didn't watch the game.  Looking strictly at the numbers, I don't know how that line is all right?

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh the numbers suck for sure
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He did fine, he actually had them down until the 5th inning. But, then the Twins got loaded the bases on weak, weak hits. I don't think any of them actually left the infield. The Miggy mess up was when Miggy fielded a dribbler and looked to second before throwing to first, but by that time it was too late. They got it tow 4-1 on weak grounders and then Coke came in a gave up rockets.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:06:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm almost afraid to listen.

I hope they have a 15 run first inning. Come on guys, one BIG WIN!
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#22]

However this game goes, I hope Brad brings in a non-playoff roster reliever late, and that pitcher drills Dozier right in the ribs with 95 mph fastball. Fucking hate that cocksucker.

Yes, I am an evil, vindictive bastard, and a very sore loser.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
However this game goes, I hope Brad brings in a non-playoff roster reliever late, and that pitcher drills Dozier right in the ribs with 95 mph fastball. Fucking hate that cocksucker.

View Quote

Could not have said it better!

They will win this!

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:25:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

You and me both...

One the lead is up 87 runs, I'd be comfy bringing in Coke to drill the bastard in the 9th.

ETA. Price is doing OK. He's struggling a bit with the control but OK.
When he starts slipping, he better fess up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Royals up 2-0
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
You and me both...

One the lead is up 87 runs, I'd be comfy bringing in Coke to drill the bastard in the 9th.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You and me both...

2014 strikeout champion, with 270

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Nathan is warming up
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#28]
White Sox tied it up!
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Price just went into the clubhouse when Nathan went 3-2.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Never had a doubt!

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#31]
BOOM!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Feel like I could drink a thousand beers for Detroit right now, you guys!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Where did they get Kinsler and Price again?

Oh yea! Dombrowski.

Nice job Detroit Tigers!
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Have tics for Game 1 postseason!
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#35]
" />

The "Fireman" I love it!

Is all forgotten?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#36]
It's sad that it took this long to win the Division.

And at this point, the Tigers are in a place where anything short of a World Series victory is a disappointment. And I just don't see the Tigers even getting out of the first round.

It's a big fucking joke. I guess I'm supposed to be happy? But no, I'm not. As I said in the beginning of the year, that the Tigers will never win a world series with the bullpen.

Back in the 90s when the Atlanta Braves dominated the National League. There team members that didn't feel like winning the division meant anything, they wanted to win a world series. They kept getting close but couldn't win it all, until they finally did. We need that attitude and focus.

This should have been concluded weeks ago. The Tigers are giants in the Central division compared to the other teams, there shouldn't have been any competition to win this thing.

[/rant]

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

And at this point, the Tigers are in a place where anything short of a World Series victory is a disappointment. And I just don't see the Tigers even getting out of the first round.

It's a big fucking joke. I guess I'm supposed to be happy? But no, I'm not. As I said in the beginning of the year, that the Tigers will never win a world series with the bullpen.

Back in the 90s when the Atlanta Braves dominated the National League. There team members that didn't feel like winning the division meant anything, they wanted to win a world series. They kept getting close but couldn't win it all, until they finally did. We need that attitude and focus.

This should have been concluded weeks ago. The Tigers are giants in the Central division compared to the other teams, there shouldn't have been any competition to win this thing.

[/rant]

Sometimes it's the team that has to fight their way in that wins it all. As I recall, the Cardinals made it into the playoffs on the last day of the season in 2011 and they were down to 1 strike from losing the World Series...TWICE before they became the champs. 2012 Giants, were down 0-2 in the NLDS and had to play all 7 games of the NLCS before they won the World Series.

Once you're in the post season, it's a clean slate and everything starts from scratch.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

[/rant]

Sometimes it's the team that has to fight their way in that wins it all. As I recall, the Cardinals made it into the playoffs on the last day of the season in 2011 and they were down to 1 strike from losing the World Series...TWICE before they became the champs. 2012 Giants, were down 0-2 in the NLDS and had to play all 7 games of the NLCS before they won the World Series.

Once you're in the post season, it's a clean slate and everything starts from scratch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[/rant]

The Giants weren't too shabby in the 2013 series either
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

[/rant]

The Giants missed the post season completely in 2013. They finished the season 10 games under .500

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#40]
So I was looking at the previews for the ALDS and it only shows the games on TBS and ESPN radio. Are Dan and Jim not doing the broadcasts for the playoffs? Because that's going to totally ruin the playoffs for me.

Fuck you ESPN!!!

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So I was looking at the previews for the ALDS and it only shows the games on TBS and ESPN radio. Are Dan and Jim not doing the broadcasts for the playoffs? Because that's going to totally ruin the playoffs for me.

Fuck you ESPN!!!

View Quote

I'd give them a call to find out for sure:

News/Talk 760 WJR
3011 West Grand Blvd.
Suite 800
Detroit, MI 48202
General Information: (313) 875-4440

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#42]
5:30 on TBS is what I got from Fox Sports while watching the wings last night.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
5:30 on TBS is what I got from Fox Sports while watching the wings last night.
View Quote

That is correct. :)
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:20:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Dan and Jim WILL be doing the radio broadcasts for the post season.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Dan and Jim WILL be doing the radio broadcasts for the post season.

View Quote

That is good to know!

Just in case I'n on the road.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#47]
He could just donate his portion to the City his team is in.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#48]
WOW, 3 K's to start the day.
2- zip in bottom of 1st
Cruz cruised one with a man on
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
WOW, 3 K's to start the day.
2- zip in bottom of 1st
Cruz cruised one with a man on
View Quote

No worries.  The Martinez' just got those two runs back! :)

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#50]
The law firm of Martinez & Martinez has tied it up.
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top