BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 23
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Tigers just got manhandled by one of the crappiest starting rotations. WHAT THE FUCK.
View Quote

They have been hitting for shit since the All Star Break.

A national analyst on Twitter was explaining to me that run scoring isn't a good measure of a team's offense, run scoring doesn't matter and wins/losses are not a good way to evaluate a team's performance.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

A national analyst on Twitter was explaining to me that run scoring isn't a good measure of a team's offense, run scoring doesn't matter and wins/losses are not a good way to evaluate a team's performance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tigers just got manhandled by one of the crappiest starting rotations. WHAT THE FUCK.

So then the Cubs are the best performing Team in history?

Your Analyst is a friggin' idiot that got locked in Mommys basement somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The.......hell?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's a contributor to a major baseball stats site and a writer for a couple of recognizable baseball journalism sites.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He's a contributor to a major baseball stats site and a writer for a couple of recognizable baseball journalism sites.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You left out moron.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And he's a fucking moron, that is obviously paid too much.

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#7]
well well, the rookies won the game
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Nathan blew the effing save,again.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#9]
ya, but this one is on ausmus, the way Max was pitching in the 8th, should have let him finish, nathen is a fucking joke
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Max was Mad Max after in the post game interview

I was rooting against the P.O.S. Nathan anyway
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

ya, but this one is on ausmus, the way Max was pitching in the 8th, should have let him finish, nathen is a fucking joke
View Quote

That's what I would have done.

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#12]
yup, for $140 million, you can throw another 10 pitches
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Now it's time for a COKE, .It was 5-2,now after a couple batter's it's 5-4 with Phillbie on the mound.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#14]
100 oz's of Bush Lite later processing brass and it's the 11th tied at 5
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I go back to my original question :

What's the point of getting David Price if your bullpen can't hold a lead?

Three run lead and the bullpen pissed it away.

Other teams go to their bullpen and the Tigers can't get a hit. The Tigers go to their bullpen and they can't get an out.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#16]
120 OZ's and I'm thinking of putting a starter in the pen. JV comes to mind.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:39:12 AM EDT
[#17]
19 innings because there is no closer, and the Pen consists of losers that were a bargain.

This season is over.

Sanchie is out, Soria is out, Miggy isn't hitting for shit, VMart is in a slump from hell, we don't have short stop or third bagger.

Price will put butts in bleachers and sell jerseys...so DD wins.
It's Barry Sanders syndrome all over again.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:18:09 AM EDT
[#18]
The Tigers blew this game twice!

Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#19]
DD doesn't seem to give a shit about the bullpen. Other than Joe Nathan, who has really got in the past since 2006 that was a lock down bullpen guy?

NOT A SINGLE FUCKING ONE. It seems like DD went to a baseball school that only fucking hitting and starting pitching matters.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:34:44 PM EDT
[#20]

And after tonight's game, looking at the crystal ball here, KC will slide into first place due to the Tiger's pitching and cold bats....

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#21]
yup, batting practice
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
JV seems to be getting his shit together, but is still subject to slips here and there.

He starts sloppy, settles in, and then starts to gradually get sloppy again in the 6th or 7th, when the batters finally get his timing down and have seen his freakshow curve a couple times.

Give him time. His mechanics changed with the surgery, and he's still fine tuning mentally. He can't just power through and overwhelm like he used to.

View Quote

Only 1 inning tonight. That should tell you about tonight s game

And to bring up a question from the past.
Did Tori Hunter really win Gold Gloves somewhere
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#23]
So now the Tally is:

Sanchez out, Soria out, Verlander out, Miggy not hitting, VMart not hitting, bullpen looks like a dumpster fire behind an abortion clinic, and Ausmus wheels out this punk ass, non pitching piece of shit Whelan, so the Pirates can rack up a double digit score. After yesterday, call me jaded. After today, with this shit on display, call me friggin' hatefull.

Dombrowski has shit all over this team and it's chances for Fall.

Yep!
David Price absolutely improved this team.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:24:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Well, think of where we'd be without Price now!

Don't forget that all through September we play our own division. KC isn't going to win the division.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:14:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well, think of where we'd be without Price now!

Don't forget that all through September we play our own division. KC isn't going to win the division.
View Quote

Good point.
Without Price the Pen would still blow goats, Nathan would still suck, Coke would still suck, Smyly wouldn't see the playoffs, and we would still be bitching about the lack of offense.
Next year, he might be an asset and a change maker....if things don't melt down even worse.

Our own division?
Yeah, who cares. They aren't going further than division unless major changes are made to the Pen.
Dombrowski shit the bed, the crew knows it, and it shows.

This season is done, except for finding rookies on the Farm to bring up and then trade off.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#26]
No offense to you guys at all. But I'm sick and tired of "we'll win the division". I want a World Series.

The window of opportunity is going to close quickly as these guys get older. They're fucking pissing it away.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

No offense to you guys at all. But I'm sick and tired of "we'll win the division". I want a World Series.

View Quote

The window of opportunity is going to close quickly as these guys get older. They're fucking pissing it away.

Winning the World Series is 50% luck. There is no telling in any year who is going to win at the start of the playoffs. If you make the post season, then you have a shot. If not, then you don't.

Look at last year. Tigers should have won it all. They got creamed in the ALCS.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Got into another debat with that same analyst today. He said that the Tigers offense is not under performing because the wOBA (weighted On Base Average) was right where it should be for each player (only slightly below for most players).

I argued that getting on base is meaningless, run scoring is what is important and the Tigers run scoring against AL teams since the All Star Break (discounting the series against AZ and CO because...I mean come on!) the Tigers are scoring 2.9 runs per game.

He essentially said that I am an idiot.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Got into another debat with that same analyst today. He said that the Tigers offense is not under performing because the wOBA (weighted On Base Average) was right where it should be for each player (only slightly below for most players).

I argued that getting on base is meaningless, run scoring is what is important and the Tigers run scoring against AL teams since the All Star Break (discounting the series against AZ and CO because...I mean come on!) the Tigers are scoring 2.9 runs per game.

He essentially said that I am an idiot.

View Quote

You are arguing logic with an academic dumbass.

There is a reason getting to second is much more advantagious than getting to first, which makes stolen bases worth the risk, and the reason for the Sac fly.
Just getting on base, dosn't make "wins". Runs make wins, like we have seen all last season, and this one.
If wOBA had any merit as a metric, the Tigers would be friggin' unbeatable. They strand more runners than anyone.

Stranding runners on base, and a shitty pen that dosn't protect a lead in late innings is how you LOSE ball games, get eliminated in the playoffs, and lose the world series.
We have seen that several times havn't we?

Billy Butler has won how many world series?
Fuck him and his Obamanomics Geek ball.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Perfect example of what I was talking about. Both teams have had5 base runners, but the Pirates have 3 runs and the Tigers have 1.

Offense is underperforming.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:14:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Perfect example of what I was talking about. Both teams have had5 base runners, but the Pirates have 3 runs and the Tigers have 1.

Offense is underperforming.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Yep.

Notice the aggressive base running by Pit early on?

Advance to scoring position at every little opportunity and force the issue.
Just getting runners on base is not enough. It leads to a LOT of double plays and stranded runners without aggressive running and hitting to back it up.

Guess what changed from the first 30 games to now?
Hitting has gone passive. Base running has gotten conservative. Nobody is stealing anything.
That's a Management call. Brad initiated the aggressive stuff early on. Can't blame him.

The hitting thing is all mental.
The mood is flat, and it all goes back to motivation at this point. Just like last time the Pen was a loadstone.

I'm hoping the homestand will spin thinga around a little, and the guys will try like hell to get as far as they can, with the scabtastic Pen dragging them down.
I have given up on making the WS. At this point, I just want to watch good baseball without tuning in to somebody elses team.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 4:41:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Not to mention that our pitching staff is like tumbling down a flight of stairs...  JV doesn't have a clue what's wrong and is playing the diva part to a T lately...  Can't expect minor league pitching to compete in the big leagues and when you have a very poor bullpen and a flat offense, we'll be lucky to end over .500.

I'd also like to add that when you have to bring a guy up from AA, you know your pitching is in trouble.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 1:14:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not to mention that our pitching staff is like tumbling down a flight of stairs...  JV doesn't have a clue what's wrong and is playing the diva part to a T lately...  Can't expect minor league pitching to compete in the big leagues and when you have a very poor bullpen and a flat offense, we'll be lucky to end over .500.

I'd also like to add that when you have to bring a guy up from AA, you know your pitching is in trouble.

View Quote

All angst aside, this Buck Farmer Kid has some chops.

He got splattered pretty hard early on when the learning curve bit him in the ass, but he figured it out faster than JV has.
92mph Fastballs in the meat zone, end up on some kids shelf. I suppose the coaches tell them a dozen times, but they all have to learn the hard way.

Call me impressed. The Kid held his own and then some. He's going to be an animal with some development time.

The Bats woke up finally, and Pitt melted down hard with sloppy play.
The Tigers still were not crisp. Better, but far from where they were just a couple months ago.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Phil Coke strikes again!
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Did I miss a game today or something
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Did I miss a game today or something
View Quote

Yes you did.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Max was lights out. 13 or 14 SO through eight. 5 zip lead almost blown in the ninth by coke.

We might be stuck with Nathan but damn it, cut coke loose now. I'd rather have someone from Toledo get the work.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#38]
atmlb.com/1mOcGmD

In case you missed the game.  Check out the movement on Max's pitches!

I suck at posting videos. Hope this works.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#39]
fuck nathan, I dont appreciate him flipping off the fans, this will be his last year here, i doubt MR. I will tolerate this,
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Yup,that can turn into the gesture from the fans to Mr. I.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He got splattered pretty hard early on when the learning curve bit him in the ass, but he figured it out faster than JV has.
92mph Fastballs in the meat zone, end up on some kids shelf. I suppose the coaches tell them a dozen times, but they all have to learn the hard way.

Call me impressed. The Kid held his own and then some. He's going to be an animal with some development time.

The Tigers still were not crisp. Better, but far from where they were just a couple months ago.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, you're right.  Both him and Robbie Ray did a good job.  Nice to see that plus Mad Max's 14 K's today. ;)

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Phil Coke strikes again!
View Quote

I caught the game on radio right up to Jobu doing his "Intro Run", and caught the rest on the tube.

The second I saw that Fat sack of shit on the mound, I had a buzzing in my ears...and he did what he does best three pitches later.
He and that pile of steaming puke Nathan combined are more of a liability than asset. DD hanging onto them is simply retarded.

Only Coke can shit all over a Shutout, and then act all nonchalant about it.
What a douche.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 2:41:33 AM EDT
[#43]
This Mel Mercedes kid.....Damn!!

Kid comes out looking like a 50yr old bus driver. OWNS the same mound Porcello pitched batting practice from, and is cool as a cucumber.

Why is Coke and Nathan still on the roster?

Oh yeah, almost forgot.
The stands are still full, and the hats and Jerseys are still flying off the shelves. Ilitch dosn't need a world series.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:27:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Kid comes out looking like a 50yr old bus driver. OWNS the same mound Porcello pitched batting practice from, and is cool as a cucumber.

Why is Coke and Nathan still on the roster?

Oh yeah, almost forgot.
The stands are still full, and the hats and Jerseys are still flying off the shelves. Ilitch dosn't need a world series.

View Quote

Almost like Mr. I is spending (has spent) too much time with the Ford family....
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Kid comes out looking like a 50yr old bus driver.

View Quote

lol, thought the sale thing, kid was great for his first start, showed no emotion at all,
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#46]
It isn't going to get any easier for them tonight.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#47]
The game is on in a few minnows
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

So far, so good.... Until the Tigers goto the bullpen.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Bats are warm, and Seattle is playing like they are stoned...

Only Coke and Nathan can screw this up.
Price will go 9 Like Barry Sanders trying to WILL his way to a WS.
(And to keep Coke and Nathan from screwing up his avg.)
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who would have thought the Tigers would catch a break? King Felix having a mediocre outing? Just hasn't happened this year.
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top