User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Any news on Ingham county?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:43:21 AM EDT
[#2]
i am intreted in lenawee county. any luck by anyone?
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Dickinson County Sheriff in the U.P. is good to go. Walked in, no appointment, his secretary took my forms and 10 minutes later I was out the door. This was for 2 suppressors.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fireguy:
Dickinson County Sheriff in the U.P. is good to go. Walked in, no appointment, his secretary took my forms and 10 minutes later I was out the door. This was for 2 suppressors.
View Quote

What about the finger print cards? Who printed them for you, and the cost if any

Berrien County Sheriff's office prints mine with their digital finger print machine for $15.00 total.
My prints are on file, and the last time they printed 4 cards on the house. Sheriff Paul Bailey likes me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By snakeman48:

What about the finger print cards? Who printed them for you, and the cost if any

Berrien County Sheriff's office prints mine with their digital finger print machine for $15.00 total.
My prints are on file, and the last time they printed 4 cards on the house. Sheriff Paul Bailey likes me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By snakeman48:
Originally Posted By fireguy:

I believe it was $5 apiece for prints. They had to use the ink kind. I thought the digital type aren't allowed. Very professional and friendly group here.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:25:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: angrysquirrel] [#6]
Any update on Grand Traverse County?

ETA: did some research today and found out our local CLEO Is not inclined to sign
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By angrysquirrel:

ETA: did some research today and found out our local CLEO Is not inclined to sign
View Quote

I was just updating the OP, can you update me with a name so I can add it to the bad list for others?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Voodoo13:
Saginaw Twp Chief will sign for suppressor.  No hesitation at all.
View Quote

How is the sheriff?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know if the Kentwood Police Chief will sign off? Kentwood as in Grand Rapids area.

I just moved there from Wyoming and I know Wyoming Chief would NOT.

Just going to get a trust and bypass their BS if they tell me no. Sent and email, waiting on a reply now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:19:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Occurs to me that in jurisdictions where the CLEO is refusing to sign, they are simply  denying us our Constitutional Rights. It is not like it is supposed to be "up to them", or like we are supposed to seek their permission. Their signature merely states that they are unaware of any additional laws that prevent us from legally possessing class III weapons. Seems like a court ought to be able to compel them to sign unless they can show cause not to.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TBoneDetroit:
Occurs to me that in jurisdictions where the CLEO is refusing to sign, they are simply  denying us our Constitutional Rights. It is not like it is supposed to be "up to them", or like we are supposed to seek their permission. Their signature merely states that they are unaware of any additional laws that prevent us from legally possessing class III weapons. Seems like a court ought to be able to compel them to sign unless they can show cause not to.
View Quote

All it takes is money,
Which isn't something most of us have an over abundance of
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By coctailer:

Kent County does. You could use him.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By coctailer:

Originally Posted By Roadblock:

Anyone know if the Kentwood Police Chief will sign off? Kentwood as in Grand Rapids area.

I just moved there from Wyoming and I know Wyoming Chief would NOT.

Just going to get a trust and bypass their BS if they tell me no. Sent and email, waiting on a reply now.

Kent County does. You could use him.

He won't do it. When I lived in Wyoming which is still Kent, I asked if he would sigh because I knew the Chief of Police in Wyoming would NOT.

He said he will only sigh where they exclusively patrol and that if we have "local police" we need to ask our Chief. Sent an email with no reply so I called and was told they do NOT sign.

Just paying for an NFA trust I think.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Plan B it is... finally heard back from Chief Pahl via email, he is in agreement with the policy of his predecessor, and won't be signing any form 4s.

Sent a reply thanking him for his time, and  letting him know that I (and presumably others) will still be moving forward with our lawful purchases, in my case via a legal Trust. A shame he'll let his political opinion affect his interaction with the public, on a simple matter that seeks not his permission, but only testament to the legality of an item. Redford Township stays firmly in the "No" column.
View All Quotes
Okay, two weeks tomorrow since I spoke to her. Sometimes a lack of response is a response. But maybe I'm dense, it also occurs to me that she's not even aware of the specifics of what I'm asking if he'll sign (Form 4).

Going to call again tomorrow, and ask for an email address. Will include links to the Form 4 in the email, that may be helpful. Also will include links to the Attorney General's opinions on silencers and machine guns.

Might as well also get started on plan B in case I'm correct that the new Chief intends to ignore or deny requests, can anyone link me information on creating a trust for the purposes of NFA firearms registration?

Called back this morning, return call this afternoon. As i suspected, they were a bit in the dark about what was even being asked (knew it related to Class II weapons, because I'd told them that). Spent over an hour composing and sending an email complete with links to the Form 4, two pertinent Atty Generals opinions and one PR page on silencers from the Atty. General's office. Now, we shall see if there is a reply forthcoming, and if it is the one desired (hopefully Redford Twp. can be added to the GTG column WRT CLEO sign offs).

Plan B it is... finally heard back from Chief Pahl via email, he is in agreement with the policy of his predecessor, and won't be signing any form 4s.

Sent a reply thanking him for his time, and  letting him know that I (and presumably others) will still be moving forward with our lawful purchases, in my case via a legal Trust. A shame he'll let his political opinion affect his interaction with the public, on a simple matter that seeks not his permission, but only testament to the legality of an item. Redford Township stays firmly in the "No" column.

Thanks for this effort with the new Chief.  I talked to the Township Attorney about this when the silencer opinion came down.  He is not persuaded and tells his client to not sign.  They follow his lead.  We discussed silencers and their principal objection was that it would encourage silenced carry concealed.  I said that suppresser make carry concealed more difficult, not less. His objection made no sense.  He simply cannot fathom it.  I went the trust route.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By JellyBelly:
Any news on Ingham county?
View Quote

Anybody? How is Sheriff Wrigglesworth with signing NFA paperwork?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#16]
For you guys in Kalamazoo.  The Prosecuting Attorney, Mr. Jeffrey Getting Will sign your Form 1/4 etc.   Was pretty excited after I spoke with his office today, as we have been blocked by Fuller for so long it's been painful.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:15:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By angrysquirrel:

View Quote

My understanding is the CLEO in Grand Traverse county will now sign.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:05:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hoyle33] [#18]
Just got my papers signed by the prosecuting attorney's office in Kalamazoo county since Sheriff Fuller will not.  They did not understand why he would refuse to sign these papers.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Hoyle33:
Just got my papers signed by the prosecuting attorney's office in Kalamazoo county since Sheriff Fuller will not.  They did not understand why he would refuse to sign these papers.
View Quote

After 7/13/2016, Fuller's signature is nolonger needed with the 41F ATF ruling.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top