Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2009 8:18:02 AM EDT
I figure lets start a list of where you should send your form....

As I live in Farmington Hills and just went there today to turn in my first form since
the laws have changed.  Anyway I asked the records department where to send them
in the future and if you live in Farmington Hills, here you go!

Farmington Hills Police Department
Attn: Records Section
31655 W. Eleven Mile Rd.
Farmington Hills, MI 48336-1170

Oakland County Sheriff
Record Bureau
1201 North Telegraph Road
Pontiac, Michigan, USA 48341-1044

Above address is only for Oakland County residents who live in towns without police department. If you have a police department, then you should mail your RI-60 there. (Thanks Sasha)
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I prefer to go in person, that way I get my copy stamped with a date on it. If the forms get lost in the mail you have *zero* proof you ever attempted to Register the weapon.

But, I'm paranoid and y'all may not be. Yet.
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Farmington Hills does not have a stamp and was told most cities dont stamp them.

If you mail you can send certified or return receipt.  

But when I turned it in today I just wrote the time and ladies name on back of my copy.

Either way, I think us having a list of all the PD's and if it has to be attention to anyone specific
here to help everyone...
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#3]
FH is usually pretty good at their records dept.  I have never had any trouble having them date and time stamp documents I have submitted in the past.  Perhaps they changed their policy recently, you didn't ask nicely enough, or you got one of the bitchy gals.  Perhaps they remembered you from your USC/UMP registration debacle?

If anyone wants to turn in their forms in person and have some proof, it should be as simple as asking the clerk to make a photocopy of the forms you are submitting.

Most PD's charge a nominal fee for photocopies and will even provide you a receipt with a date and time on it to show you paid.  Staple the receipt to your photocopy and write the clerks name on it and you should be covered.
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Farmington Hills does not have a stamp and was told most cities dont stamp them.

But when I turned it in today I just wrote the time and ladies name on back of my copy.

Either way, I think us having a list of all the PD's and if it has to be attention to anyone specific
here to help everyone...

It is a good idea to go to your PD or Sheriff's office sometime after you mailed the form and get an official copy. They are required by law to give it to you (can charge up to 1$ for each record). This way you have a proof that pistol was properly registered
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

As I live in Farmington Hills and just went there today to turn in my first form since
the laws have changed.  Anyway I asked the records department where to send them

31655 W. Eleven Mile Rd.

Here is address for these who are under Oakland County jurisdiction (like Rochester Hills):

Oakland County Sheriff
Record Bureau
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

31655 W. Eleven Mile Rd.

Here is address for these who are under Oakland County jurisdiction (like Rochester Hills):

Oakland County Sheriff
Record Bureau

Above address isonly for Oakland County residents who live in towns without police department. If you have a police department, then you should mail your RI-60 there.
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

here to help everyone...

Pighelmet just registered a pistol and sent it Registered Mail with an image of the person who signed for it. The clerk or officer who signed for it signed below the box they were supposed to and all he got was the tops of a few letters of his/her name. That could prove pretty useless if they ever find his gun is unregistered and want to seize it...

IMO, there's an awful lot of room for abuse with the mail in procedures. I tend to be paranoid, but I see a lot of otherwise lawful people getting jammed up on this.
Link Posted: 2/13/2009 4:52:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Guys, lets not use this thread to debate the new registration.

Please, lets just keep this a list to help people who are unable to get into and
hand it over in person.

Thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top