Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2006 12:04:46 PM EDT
What is the Michigan minimum length for a rifle?

Link Posted: 6/14/2006 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
30 inches otherwise between 30" and 26" it has to be registered as a pistol.  Under 26" is SBR and not allowed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
30 inches otherwise between 30" and 26" it has to be registered as a pistol.  Under 26" is SBR and not allowed.

The length of a rifle with a collapsible stock has to be atleast 26" WITH A 16" barrel.  You will need a permit to purchase just like a handgun.  Then it will be inspected (measured) and then registered to you.

Anything under 26" is illegal.  I am registering my bobcat bw5 this week myself with a collapsible stock and 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Let's say I was to convert a ruger 10/22 to a bullpup version that is between 26 and 30 inches.

At what point do I have to bring the gun in for registration?  Prior to the conversion or after?  If I wait until after am I in violation of any laws?

Link Posted: 6/15/2006 2:59:09 AM EDT
[#4]
more than likely you should call your local cop shop and ask.  I would get the permit to purchase.... do what you have to do, then fill it out and bring it back.  Ask them if you need to fill in the seller part too.  That might be all it is.  I am purchasing mine from a FFL so I dont have to do anything extra.  Never bought a gun from myself before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top