Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2017 11:52:25 AM EDT
Coming into nashville grand ole opry hotel on sun 20th via I65.  will check out next day and drive to middle of totality line.  where to?  how to avoid all the BS?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck to ya brother.  I'm trying to find a way to avoid all the BS on a regular day in Nashville
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Waze, use it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#3]
That's like asking how to avoid the humidity and allergies in August...
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Finding a part of Nashville without bad traffic is like finding the clean end of a turd to pick it up by. And you are wanting to do this on a day when the world is ending lol
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to the Titans game on Saturday and spending the night then coming home sometime Sunday. I may go 41 or 41a just to avoid 24. Hopefully Uber and Lift will be in full effect.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#6]
This is going to be stupid on Monday trying to get to and from work.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I bet I see a few morons driving around with their eclipse glasses on. I wish they'd close the shop for the day...
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bet I see a few morons driving around with their eclipse glasses on. I wish they'd close the shop for the day...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not worried about it on Monday.  Just about everything will be closed in my neck of the woods. I've stocked up on ramen noodles and cheap beer just in case a zombie apocalypse or race war starts.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Boss came around, this afternoon, and said that if we didn't think we could come to work Monday, due to the traffic, to not worry about it.

Took an alternate route home, today, and traffic was still worse than usual.  After a bit, I figured out the pattern.  Everything was getting jammed up at junctions and the more heavily used exits.  Probably because there are extra people that are trying to figure out where they are going and don't know which lane they need to be in.

Stopped at Walmart, and it seems to be weirder than normal, though I've been trying to avoid the place for quite a while, and this may be the new normal for Fridays.  Did seem to be more campers in the parking lot than normal.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:16:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got to pick someone up at the Airport Monday at 630pm.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Just an FYI...

Departed Mt Juliet, TN to Leesburg VA, (635 miles)

...It took me 18 hours to get home.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Well Hopkinsville was pretty dead considering.  Traffic was actually better than a normal Monday in Hoptown and Clarksville.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:12:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just an FYI...

Departed Mt Juliet, TN to Leesburg VA, (635 miles)

...It took me 18 hours to get home.
View Quote
Damn! I got lucky. I drove from Knoxville to South Boston, VA in my regular time, about 5 1/2 to 6 hrs.

I-40 from Knoxville to Canton, NC was a ghost town. It did pick up in Asheville mostly west bound but backed up where I-26 peels off of I-40. From there, it was business as usual.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:14:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Yesterday after the eclipse...from Gallatin to Hermitage... normally a 20 min. drive...took me 2.5 hours!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top