Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2017 9:59:35 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a shop that has them in stock? I think I want one and am on the fence. I'd like to hold it in my hand before I decide. I plan on roadtripping somewhere this weekend so Nashville, Chattanooga, maybe even Memphis area would be ok.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it.
If you are going to be in the Chattanooga area, let me know and I'll bring my shockwave with the adapter. It's the work of seconds to remove / replace.
Dunno about shops; I ordered off Amazon.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
First I've heard of this device.

What exactly is the purpose of using mini shells?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First I've heard of this device.

What exactly is the purpose of using mini shells?
View Quote
If you can find them, they are lower in recoil than a standard 12 gauge shell (but less shot or lighter slug) and you can get more shells in the magazine tube.

Seems to be getting a lot of interest from the crowd that's buying the new Mossberg shotgun that's not really a shotgun (longer than 26 inches, no stock, short barrel) and not considered NFA (because it never had a stock and is over 26 inches in total length).  I can see where the lower recoil would be a big plus, there.

ETA: The first time I heard of the mini-shells, it was in reference to using them in a double-barrel shotgun that had been cut down to 10 inch barrels on a form 1, and had the stock whittled down to just the grip.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm actually trying to find time to play with reloading the mini shells. I think roll crimping is the way to go with them. I can do the roll crimp with a drill press and won't have to modify my press
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:41:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Every once in a long while, I'll consider the idea of getting into shotgun reloading, but then I think about the hassle of buying another press and everything else, how little I shoot the two shotguns I own, and how much 12 gauge ammo I've got sitting around...

I really don't need to start thinking about quirky little oddball stuff like making my own mini-shell loads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top