Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2017 11:57:09 AM EDT
Any weird gun laws I need to worry about?  My VA CCW is good there so I plan on carrying.  No drinking alcohol with dinner and carrying?
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't drink alcohol and carry. Gunbuster signs have weight of law.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Just about every downtown restaurant and bar is posted no carry.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't drink alcohol and carry. Gunbuster signs have weight of law.
View Quote
Well that's good to know, not the case here in VA with the signs.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well that's good to know, not the case here in VA with the signs.
View Quote
Didn't used to be that way here.  TN law had specific wording for what the signs had to say.  The stupid gunbuster signs (handgun in a circle with a slash) could be ignored by permit holders.

Then the bill to allow carry where alcohol was served (as long as you weren't drinking) was introduced, and the Nashville liberals went bananas with their predictions of drunken permit holders shooting up the town.  They started passing out the gunbuster signs to restaurants that served alcohol, and pressuring them to put them up.

We snickered, because we (and probably many of the restaurant owners/managers) knew those signs were pointless.

Then the bill passed, and we found out that a clause had been slipped in to make the gunbuster signs just as valid as the wordy signs that were described in state law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top