Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2017 9:05:51 PM EDT
Where could I find enough land to build a house and shoot on the property?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Throw a dart anywhere outside Davidson or Shelby counties & you can find enough land to do so. Paying for it in Williamson Co might be a bit of a challenge though.........  

You want flat land? Pick between Nashville & Memphis. Lots of rural areas there, lots of small farms probably for sale.

You want hill country? Pick between Nashville & Crossville or Nashville & Manchester/Tullahoma.

You want mountains? Go from Knoxville or Chattanooga towards the east.

You vote Dim? Stay where you are...........  
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Lots of places.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Throw a dart anywhere outside Davidson or Shelby counties & you can find enough land to do so. Paying for it in Williamson Co might be a bit of a challenge though.........  

You want flat land? Pick between Nashville & Memphis. Lots of rural areas there, lots of small farms probably for sale.

You want hill country? Pick between Nashville & Crossville or Nashville & Manchester/Tullahoma.

View Quote
Funny you mention that about voting Dem.  I studied voting patterns of the states that voted Rep. in the past 3 elections, looked at states with Rep. Governors and Tenn. fit the bill.  You are safe with me.  Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 10:24:59 AM EDT
[#4]
TN is 500 miles long there are plenty of places 
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
TN is 500 miles long there are plenty of places 
View Quote
But the geography varies widely from one end to the other, which is why I asked what sort of land he desired.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#6]
It sucks, stay away!

Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's still possible to find land that you can have a house and shoot on it, in Davidson county (there's still farms near the edges).  It will require some searching, and you'll be competing with the developers for it, so the price is not likely to be attractive.  Then there's the high (for TN) property taxes, the county rain tax, the spread of section 8 housing, the public school system that recruited a director of schools from southern California (I haven't kept up with where the current director of schools is from), the homeless camps near the suburbs, the firmly established democrat voting base...

Not the best option for someone looking to retire on a piece of land that they can shoot on, but it is possible.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

But the geography varies widely from one end to the other, which is why I asked what sort of land he desired.
View Quote
We'd want to stay flat.  Sounds like west of Nashville?
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We'd want to stay flat.  Sounds like west of Nashville?
View Quote
Yep. Somewhere outside of Memphis all the way to (say) Dickson Co. Pretty flat land until one gets close to Dickson, then it's gently rolling hills.

Is work an issue at all for anyone? If not, the upper West TN area or close to Savannah is where I'd suggest. There's usually a Wal Mart for groceries in most medium sized towns these days.

Dixie City Gunworks is in Union City, FWIW.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#10]
If you like the river life then up here where I am at is nice (Henry Co). 2 hrs from Nashville 2 hrs from Memphis (not that anybody wants to go there though)..
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#11]
TN really has it all, if or do, you like lake, river, mnts, flat, woods, swamp life? We truly have everthing except the ocean but! You can be there in a days drive as the beer is gets cold
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep. Somewhere outside of Memphis all the way to (say) Dickson Co. Pretty flat land until one gets close to Dickson, then it's gently rolling hills.

Is work an issue at all for anyone? If not, the upper West TN area or close to Savannah is where I'd suggest. There's usually a Wal Mart for groceries in most medium sized towns these days.

Dixie City Gunworks is in Union City, FWIW.
View Quote
Don't forget to read about the New Madrid Earthquake if you like the North West TN area.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#13]
We're full, try Arkansas.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We're full, try Arkansas.
View Quote
Come on now John, we're not VT.

Now if he were from say MA, then pack sand fucker.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Did Tenn. really change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples Day?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:08:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did Tenn. really change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples Day?
View Quote
Maybe. What of it?

*read the line underneath my username before responding*
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Maybe. What of it?

*read the line underneath my username before responding*
View Quote
That's great, I'm a native American too.  Born here, my ancestors too.  I just wanted to know if the state gov't. was prone to buckling to political correctness.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That's great, I'm a native American too.  Born here, my ancestors too.  I just wanted to know if the state gov't. was prone to buckling to political correctness.
View Quote
Only Nashville and Memphis city .gov so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top