Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2017 11:32:00 AM EDT
Did everyone in the Memphis area make it through the storm OK?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Lost 2 large trees, both went across the drive way. One was up rooted, second one broken. One had the top touching the back bumper of my truck. Second one fell across the driveway, and took out some of my wife's plants. A ton of limbs down. One large limb landed on my house, but have not had time to check and see if there was any damage done.

I have spent all morning with a chain saw, a saws all, and a tractor with a front end loader cleaning up the mess enough to be able to get up and down my drive way.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#2]
My daughter has no power. Trees down all over her neighborhood. She's not alone.
MGLW outage map
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm out in Bartlett, haven't had power since 11 last night. My parents are in the Summer/Graham area and are in the same situation.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm worried about the natives getting restless...
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Not likely. Sounds weird but they tend to chill when things go bad.

Probably have a few more burglaries this week, but that's more to do with school being out now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Probably have a few more burglaries this week, but that's more to do with school being out now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm envisioning Katrina II, hope I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:50:50 AM EDT
[#7]
If there's an uptick in crime, it's going to be in the usual places.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:53:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Look on the bright side.. MLGW spent millions in the transportation department on cng and clean energy vehicles and smart meters instead of the infrastructure.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Look on the bright side.. MLGW spent millions in the transportation department on cng and clean energy vehicles and smart meters instead of the infrastructure.
View Quote
Typical liberal ran city
My daughter lives there, I'm 3.5 hours away. One of her roommates is local and borrowed a generator from his dad to keep the fridge going and charge cell phones etc.
I'm sitting here thinking, "she only has 100 rounds of buckshot and 150 pistol ammo" worried dad mode going on....
They have two modes of cooking that doesn't require the stove and the fridge is stocked well and running again so I think they'll make it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#10]
MLG&W says power will be out for some for over a week.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
MLG&W says power will be out for some for over a week.
View Quote
I was on generator power for a little while but power is back. I'm impressed. Some areas are extremely messed up. Others untouched.

and I just had my smart meter installed a few weeks ago
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Daughter's lights just came back on. How's everyone else doing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#13]
My power came up quickly Sunday morning.  Guess there are advantages in being near the FedEx Office at Hacks Cross.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:43:09 AM EDT
[#14]
We finally got power back in Cordova, at least my neighborhood about 930 this morning.  All the neighborhoods around me either never lost power or had it come back on quick.    Of course the issue for my neighborhood was a tree across a line that was reported like 20-30 times that the workers kept "not finding" and would close it out as being fixed....
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:23:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Mine came on sometime between 5am and 9am while I was asleep.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:28:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Typical liberal ran city
My daughter lives there, I'm 3.5 hours away. One of her roommates is local and borrowed a generator from his dad to keep the fridge going and charge cell phones etc.
I'm sitting here thinking, "she only has 100 rounds of buckshot and 150 pistol ammo" worried dad mode going on....
They have two modes of cooking that doesn't require the stove and the fridge is stocked well and running again so I think they'll make it.
View Quote
They'll be fine. The older neighborhoods with overhead lines are going to be the hardest to get situated. Most people don't realize if a tree is close to power lines MLGW will come out and trim it away fo free, or just don't give a rats ass.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They'll be fine. The older neighborhoods with overhead lines are going to be the hardest to get situated. Most people don't realize if a tree is close to power lines MLGW will come out and trim it away fo free, or just don't give a rats ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Typical liberal ran city
They did just fine. They now have one of these in thier back yard because they had to heat water for bathing and dishwashing because they have an electric stove.  She didnt have an H block in the end but she carefully knocked the end out of a standard block. I'm proud she inherited the "can do" attitude from me
The "4 Block" Rocket Stove! - DIY Rocket Stove - (Concrete/Cinder Block Rocket Stove) - Simple DIY
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Holy Sh*t at the line!

SNAP replacement line
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Holy Sh*t at the line!

SNAP replacement line
View Quote
FSA
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#20]
All the Food Stamp folks, are wanting more Food Stamps, to replace the food that ruined, with no power, purchased with Food Stamps to start with.....
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
FSA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy Sh*t at the line!

SNAP replacement line
FSA
Notice how skinny and starving they are?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top