Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:47:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Where can we see who voted for it? I want to thank them for being a D BAG. 25-6, it is a good bet my state rep voted for it.

So much for conservatism these days.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#2]
It's funny, in a cynical sort of way.

They were taking out ads on the radio this morning about how they were going to "pay for infrastructure by lowering taxes. Yes, some taxes will go up, but they're lowering taxes!"  I'm sure that he chose to tax gas had NOTHING to do with his family business.  

Dude is a snake.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#3]
The article says they will lower tax on food, but tax on diesel will go up $.10 per gallon. LOL. So shipping the food will cost more, so the price of food will go up.

Total smoke and mirrors. I hate these POS politicians.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's funny, in a cynical sort of way.

They were taking out ads on the radio this morning about how they were going to "pay for infrastructure by lowering taxes. Yes, some taxes will go up, but they're lowering taxes!"  I'm sure that he chose to tax gas had NOTHING to do with his family business.  

Dude is a snake.
View Quote
I never noticed THP cars fueling up at Pilot stations before he became governor.  Just a coincidence, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The article says they will lower tax on food, but tax on diesel will go up $.10 per gallon. LOL. So shipping the food will cost more, so the price of food will go up.

Total smoke and mirrors. I hate these POS politicians.
View Quote
When they are taking ads out on the radio to convince people it's a good idea AFTER they voted for it, you know there's a scam going on.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Isn't there a pretty large budget surplus?  I seem to remember Haslam pushed 'free' community college recently because the state has extra money  If we have money for that then why do we need a gas tax increase?

Someone is heavily influencing these politicians for them to go against what most people do not want and affects everyone money wise.

And these are the same guys that won't do anything pro gun as far as carry laws except legalize carrying a gun on a boat without a permit.

Might as well have a democrat governor and democrat legislature.  At least they are very open that they do not want to help gun rights and usually like to raise taxes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Seriously, how should this surprise anyone? Which pol does not want to go home & announce all the "free" shit that's coming to his/her district?

While I won't completely denounce the need to give state employees a raise, better/more inspectors, etc., I also contend there's a good bit of $$$ that could be saved via clamping down on waste & $400 claw hammers.

My .o2
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#8]
They swear it's a tax break.  Just watch, we'll all be better off.

Pilot will not make billions off of this.  Just watch.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:01:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Somehow we're getting shafted.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Poor people on EBT cards will get hit pretty hard.  Gas prices will go up for them and they can't put those charges on the cards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top