Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2017 12:51:28 PM EDT
Family and I are coming down next week to the Knoxville area. We're actually staying in Loudon with the intent of looking at places to live. One issue we're having is we can't seem to get any realtor to talk to us. Is this because we're from New Jersey? Am I miss something? Anyone know of a realtor that will talk to me?

Second, what is there to do in Knoxville? Anything anyone recommends? My wife wants to go to Dollywood so we'll probably take the ride there on one day. My daughter is 7 so anything kid friendly is good for us.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#1]
The housing market in Knoxville is very tight right now. Depending on where you are looking, there very likely isn't much for sale. Since you are new to the area and have kids, it might be better to rent for at least a few months in order to get a better lay of the land.

As for realtors, just keep calling. If they don't return your calls, then you don't want them anyway.

As for Dollywood, just get ready for the traffic. From exit 407 on in........
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#2]
We're looking to live outside of the city we want some property.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
That's a pretty big area.

How much property?

Schools?

Budget?

You can get pretty rural not far out of Knoxville.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How much property?

Schools?

Budget?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much property?

Schools?

Budget?

Ideally I'd like to shoot on it. But realistically a few acres. As for schools I'm looking for decent schools. And I'm trying to keep it below $200k if at all possible.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ideally I'd like to shoot on it. But realistically a few acres. As for schools I'm looking for decent schools. And I'm trying to keep it below $200k if at all possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much property?

Schools?

Budget?

Not saying that's impossible, but will be difficult IMHO.

Problem is, once you start getting more rural, the schools become less desirable. Depending on your needs in the house size department, the acreage necessary to safely shoot can be a problem. Ideally, you want your neighbors a fairly good distance away in the event you end up next to people who will hassle you.

Have you tried the online realtor sites?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Problem is, once you start getting more rural, the schools become less desirable. Depending on your needs in the house size department, the acreage necessary to safely shoot can be a problem. Ideally, you want your neighbors a fairly good distance away in the event you end up next to people who will hassle you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much property?

Schools?

Budget?

Yeah, I figured as much. Being able to shoot on it isn't a big deal. As long as I'm not surrounded by jackass neighbors. I don't mind having to drive to a range. We'd need a minimum of 3 bedrooms but 4 would be perfect. My wife and I have been looking on a lot of the online sites and we've called a few and none of them return our calls.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#7]
it could be those properties are either already sold or under contract.

I would recommend you get a buyers agent. Their fees will come out of the real estate commission being paid by the seller. They can do the looking for you and will probably have fresher info than what you may have seen online.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
it could be those properties are either already sold or under contract.

I would recommend you get a buyers agent. Their fees will come out of the real estate commission being paid by the seller. They can do the looking for you and will probably have fresher info than what you may have seen online.
View Quote
How do I go about getting a buyer's agent?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How do I go about getting a buyer's agent?
View Quote
Single out the area(s) you are looking at. See what company/realtor has most of the listings in that area. Call them. And tell them you want a buyers agent.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#10]
4 bedrooms with land under $200k in a fairly nice area?  That'll take a while to find.  Probably impossible in Loudon.

Look towards East or South Knoxville.  

Or try Seymour, Dandridge, White Pine.  

It's possible Clinton or outskirts of Halls area has what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
4 bedrooms with land under $200k in a fairly nice area?  That'll take a while to find.  Probably impossible in Loudon.

Look towards East or South Knoxville.  

Or try Seymour, Dandridge, White Pine.  

It's possible Clinton or outskirts of Halls area has what you're looking for.
View Quote
Will do. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Spent all day today looking at houses. I also got myself approved for a mortgage. So far we found one house in London in our budget. We're going to look at some more houses tomorrow and Wednesday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top