Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2017 9:24:50 AM EDT
Looks like @Finslayer83 's area is about to get hammered next.

Everyone stay safe out there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw a porta-potty hanging from a powerline in Brentwood 
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I was at OHB/65 when it hit.

Wild time in the truck.

Parents have a tree down and McEwen is impassable per dad.

Granny (she's 90) lives near Legends golf course and her car port was ripped off and flipped onto the roof.

I'm on the Brentwood / Nolensville line and have no status to my house. It is trash day and everyone had their trash cans out.

I've got meetings all morning but will check on it at lunch.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Video of it on the ground

ETA: beat on link.

Per buddy in area EMS is confirming EF1

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Something tore this fence and powerlines down and I don't see any tracks in the mud.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#7]
People are losing their shit over here in Knoxville.  The national weather service called my wife's phone, some schools are out. My elementary school just did a tornado drill.  

Storm is supposed to hit any minute.  I'm at home with the wife and will take full advantage  

My prediction, it will hit the Cumberlands and head north, like it always does. Somehow these guys with meteorology degrees can't predict it.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Grandmas place

Attachment Attached File

Neighbors lost roofs
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I was on the other side of town off White's Creek Pike and Briley, and the wind was something else. It was pushing rain around the door seals of my Freightliner, and I thought the Port-a-Potty across the street was going to launch itself into orbit.

If one had come through north Nashville, I'm not sure where I could
have gone to hide. All of the houses are in various states of construction, so maybe jamming myself up in a corner of a block foundation and holding on would have been the best plan.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw a porta-potty hanging from a powerline in Brentwood 
View Quote

Just came down Crockett and saw that.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#11]
There are some advantages to having hills on three sides.

We had some strong winds, but nothing like what I was hearing roaring through the trees on the tops of the hills.  

Some limbs down, but I haven't found any other damage.

I definitely need to get some gravel on the path going up the hill, though.  While checking for damage, I felt my feet slowly starting to slide down the hill.  Weren't any trees close enough to grab, so after sliding 6 or 8 inches, my feet flew out from under me, and I slid about 15 feet down a muddy path on my belly.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
People are losing their shit over here in Knoxville.  The national weather service called my wife's phone, some schools are out. My elementary school just did a tornado drill.  

Storm is supposed to hit any minute.  I'm at home with the wife and will take full advantage  

My prediction, it will hit the Cumberlands and head north, like it always does. Somehow these guys with meteorology degrees can't predict it.  
View Quote

I'm a little east of you and so far just seeing a bunch of rain. It was fairly windy this morning on the way home from work though. I'm thinking you're right about it heading north. Seems most of the big storms do that.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm in Gallatin near the airport and we got a lot of rain in a short time but nothing got blown over.

Dave
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Saw pics of Four Corners Marina & it got hammered. Totally destroyed the boat sheds.

I was in a tornado in 1964 or so. Completely tore apart the trailer park I was visiting a cousin whom lived there. Those things don't care whom or where you are, they're mean spirited bastards.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:59:18 AM EDT
[#16]
NWS confirmed EF-1
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm a little east of you and so far just seeing a bunch of rain. It was fairly windy this morning on the way home from work though. I'm thinking you're right about it heading north. Seems most of the big storms do that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People, including our local weather predictors, freak out over storms, but truth is we rarely ever get much violent weather in the Valley.  In 30+ years, I can recall only about 4 tornados, only 1 of which did much damage.  

If it comes from Nashville headed Due East, it's 90% going to hit the Cumberland Mountains and run North, unless it's super powerful to get over.

If it comes from Alabama it has to it a small mountain range just west of Chattanooga, and if it does it's on.  

If it comes from Louisville and headed down and East, storm systems usually hit the hills broadside and spill over into the valley.  

It's all the same no matter lightning, snow, etc.  It's amazing what a little terrain will do.  Where I live, it can downpour a mile away over a little hill, and be dry at my house.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:55:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah that's the same here. My girlfriend lives just on the other side of town, about 2 miles away. It can pour over there, lightening and all, and it's dry here. Barely hear the thunder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top