Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2017 5:45:08 PM EDT
WTVF

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Former Mayor of Nashville Karl Dean has announced his intent to run for Governor of Tennessee in 2018.

According to Dean’s representatives, he has planned to begin by meeting with resident’s in economically distressed counties and listen both their concerns and their ideas. This tour he has launched has been named Opportunity TN.

“Having managed a city through the Great Recession and a historic flood, I learned that problem-solving doesn’t begin with one person. And I also know there is no Democratic or Republican solution to problems. It begins with all of us working together and so that’s the foundation on which we’re going to build this campaign,” Dean said. “Tennessee is a great state that is poised to move forward if we focus on the right work. As Governor, I want to create opportunity for all Tennesseans, regardless of where they live, and that starts with education and jobs.”

The announcement also said Dean will run for governor as a Democrat. He served two-terms in a non-partisan role as Nashville’s mayor, which his representatives said had him working beyond party lines.

They added a sign of his bipartisan appeal was the 79% vote he received in his reelection campaign.

Dean’s campaign for governor has been expected to begin in full this summer. He's the first Democrat to enter the governor's race.

Reports stated Dean has planned to file paperwork on Monday to appoint a campaign manager that would allow him to begin fundraising.

The 61-year-old Dean was Nashville's mayor from 2007 to 2015.

No Democrat has been elected to statewide office in Tennessee since 2006. Dean said his candidacy "will be the hardest thing that I have ever done."
View Quote

Karl Dean is a windbag who has tried to spend Nashville into another Atlanta. He's no more "non-partisan" than Hillary Klinton.

Were it not for his wife's $$$, he'd be sweeping the floors of Municipal Auditorium.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#1]
If Dean would tell the truth, he would actually be running for the Communist Party.  Will be the best Governor money can buy!..........especially developers money!
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]
If he wins, which state park will he declare to be a money pit that is draining the state's budget, to justify selling it off to his developer buddies?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If he wins, which state park will he declare to be a money pit that is draining the state's budget, to justify selling it off to his developer buddies?
View Quote

Very good question. Think water front property or scenic bluffs.  I see that his replacement is trying to rid the city of the cancerous fairgrounds too. Soccer, really?!?!
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Name sounds like a buffet restaurant.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Inner city Memphis?  
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I see that his replacement is trying to rid the city of the cancerous fairgrounds too. Soccer, really?!?!
View Quote

Yeah, heaven forbid they add something in Metro Center (where there's loads of room) for a GD soccer stadium holding 2-3,000.

GD carpet-bagging mayors, they have NO sense of Nashville's history nor its traditions. Instead they want to shove their vision of "progressive" down the throats of multi-generational Nashvillians. Oh, yes, they're going to tax the living shit out of your property to pay for it all too.  

Welcome to the new Atlanta, people............  
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Was in town a couple weeks ago and we counted 16 sky cranes downtown.  Sixteen!  Not sure if I've ever seen a town rising up so quickly.  Seems like a bubble is forming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top