Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2017 2:03:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
We'll have a new governor in two years. And Senator Haslam two years later.

- OS
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

- OS
View Quote

$5 says he won't win the primary. Wanna bet?  
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

$5 says he won't win the primary. Wanna bet?  
View Quote

Assuming he actually does indeed run, sure.

- OS
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Assuming he actually does indeed run, sure.

- OS
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#5]
He's a weasel.

Funny thing about his gas tax is that he said it would be offset by lowering taxes in other areas, so don't be alarmed.  What's the point of raising a tax if you're going to lower others?  Sounds like he's just trying to benefit his buddies.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He's a weasel.
View Quote

Well yeah. He is an elected official.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm certain this money will stay in a lock box and go to nothing but roads just like the .10 they put on years ago did
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:55:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm certain this money will stay in a lock box and go to nothing but roads just like the .10 they put on years ago did
View Quote

Maybe. It may also go to something like public housing, refugee assistance, lobbyist shindigs etc...
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#9]
And to think, that city parks carry bill that failed to pass a couple years ago because it would be too expensive to take down the signs could've been fixed by a little increase in the gas tax.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't forget the number of times they've rolled the lottery money into the general fund in violation of the law, too
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Has the gas tax passed yet?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Has the gas tax passed yet?
View Quote

Not yet.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

- OS
View Quote
Might have governor Corker and Senator Haslam in '19...Haslam appoints place holder, (maybe himself) and then runs for the seat, McNally gets to play governor for the year and Ramsey gets a further stick in the eye, Corker demits and runs for governor...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Every time I see Haslam I cannot help but see this guy and remember that movie Road Trip:

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Might have governor Corker and Senator Haslam in '19...Haslam appoints place holder, (maybe himself) and then runs for the seat, McNally gets to play governor for the year and Ramsey gets a further stick in the eye, Corker demits and runs for governor...
View Quote
Just can't image Corker willingly leaving the Majors to play in Triple A.  Plus I bet Lamar is already polishing the desk for Bill.

- OS
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He's a weasel.

Funny thing about his gas tax is that he said it would be offset by lowering taxes in other areas, so don't be alarmed.  What's the point of raising a tax if you're going to lower others?  Sounds like he's just trying to benefit his buddies.
View Quote
Funny how he's just spending that $100 million tax surplus from last year instead of returning it and he wants to raise taxes.

Sounds like his budget wants to spend more than the state takes in.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry to go off topic kinda but we do need to increase the gas tax.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, what we DO need to do is put the gas TX funds back in the road fund instead of the GD general fund!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:46:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, what we really NEED to do is insist on the funds for roads already going in there, to actually go to roads and not any other BS welfare vote buying projects!

We also need for state pen prisoners to start growing their own food again instead of BUYING meals from political 'friends'.  This started under Boss Hog McWhertor (sp?) when he did away with all the farms.  We still have most of the farms away from Nashville.  Just not all the tractors and food processing equipment.  Be nice to have the state dairy herd back also.  The prisoners ate better and were more peaceful when we had them.  State pen farms fed ALL the prisons, Juvenile facilities, and Various LEO schools.  They also fed the State School for the Blind and all the various mental institutions like Moccasin Bend and Central State before its land was sold off to various political 'friends'.

This state pisses away vast sums to politicians and their friends of BOTH parties.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
You do understand we already pay 10 cents a gallon since 1983 that was suppose to go to nothing but roads right????  That lasted just a few years and suddenly all that money now just goes to the general fund instead.  Kinda like the non existent Social Security lockbox
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:44:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just work harder and donate what you think is appropriate. I pay too much as it is. Thanks for playing though!
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:53:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope.. Sorry bud. We played that game in the 90's with a $25 fee on our tags for "da skool burses" in Shelby County..  When they hired a company to bus the "chirren" to school, that money went to the "roads"..... Brooks Road's titty clubs. Haslam, Corker and Alexander do 1 thing. They load their pocketbooks. I'm surprised they haven't floated the idea of a state income tax on top of the 9.25% sales tax.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Politicians never have enough money to spend when it is not their money.  They always come up with new ways to spend other people's money in order to buy votes.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I still don't understand how this state elected Phil Bredesen... WTF?

A New Jersey born, Massachusetts educated northeastern commie liberal...
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I still don't understand how this state elected Phil Bredesen... WTF?

A New Jersey born, Massachusetts educated northeastern commie liberal...
View Quote
Whose time in office was no more liberal than Sunquist before him or Haslam after.

As far as firearm stuff, we've had pretty much equal success with Dem controlled legislatures as Republican ones. The current run of the Republican super-majority has pretty much sucked in that regard, and a few of the most powerful Republicans have carried on indistinguishable from Dems.

The officially full tilt bozo crazy leftism of the national Democratic Party has borne little resemblance to state electees from the TN Dem party, and the elected Republicans in Nashville as a whole haven't been much different either.

- OS
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:09:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, how else are we going to pay for illegal alien tuition?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:21:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah, how else are we going to pay for illegal alien tuition?
View Quote
I repeat from other thread where you posted same, where do you see a move to pay for their tuition?

- OS
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I repeat from other thread where you posted same, where do you see a move to pay for their tuition?

- OS
View Quote
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/04/immigrant-tuition-break-gaining-support-in-tennessee.html
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quite familiar with the bill -- it certainly does not call for the state to pay the tuition.

- OS
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Whose time in office was no more liberal than Sunquist before him or Haslam after.

As far as firearm stuff, we've had pretty much equal success with Dem controlled legislatures as Republican ones. The current run of the Republican super-majority has pretty much sucked in that regard, and a few of the most powerful Republicans have carried on indistinguishable from Dems.

The officially full tilt bozo crazy leftism of the national Democratic Party has borne little resemblance to state electees from the TN Dem party, and the elected Republicans in Nashville as a whole haven't been much different either.

- OS
View Quote
+1 to all of this.  The majority of our Dems are moderate conservatives.  Outside of Knoxville, they're more like the blue dog democrats of old.

Now that Mark Green got the Sec. of Army nod, Mark Norris will officially throw his hat in the ring.  Randy Boyd is another contender.  I think both are solid contenders for the Governor spot.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

+1 to all of this.  The majority of our Dems are moderate conservatives.  Outside of Knoxville, they're more like the blue dog democrats of old.
View Quote

I don't know where or how you gathered this bit of thought, but it's wholly incorrect. Memphis, Nashville & other areas have Dims that make Hitlery look like Pat Buchanon.

Now, had you said rural Dims were like conservative Dims, then that would be accurate.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 6:15:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quite familiar with the bill -- it certainly does not call for the state to pay the tuition.

- OS
View Quote
Do you honestly think illegal aliens will be enrolled in TN schools and taxpayers not have to spend money on it?  I'm sorry, I don't. Another thing, we're willing to help illegal aliens out with tuition but not students from other states.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't know where or how you gathered this bit of thought, but it's wholly incorrect. Memphis, Nashville & other areas have Dims that make Hitlery look like Pat Buchanon.

Now, had you said rural Dims were like conservative Dims, then that would be accurate.
View Quote
Steve Cohen
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Stacey Campfield for Governor!  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top