Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2017 7:36:20 PM EDT
Title says it all. Saw a flyer for them at the hotel we're at. Looks really nice, and I've always wanted to do the whole MG rental thing. But after checking out their (not very helpful) website, I'm not so sure. $65/per MG rental and I assume I have to buy their overpriced ammo as well. 

The website also doesn't list the MG's available to rent, which is annoying because the only gun worth that much to me to shoot is an MP7. 

Anything else I should consider doing while I'm here? Greenbrier Distillery looks interesting. 

Thanks guys. 
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
How long are you in town? What are your interests? Those should determine where you need to go.

There's two gun shows within 20 minutes of Nashville, BTW. Franklin Gun shop is a cool place for expensive, upper tier goodies. Downtown Franklin is a throwback to Mayberry, IMO.

The Outpost is Ronnie Barrett's shop, about 30-45 minutes from Nashville, on I-24 East. They usually have some cool goodies in stock.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:52:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How long are you in town? What are your interests? Those should determine where you need to go.

There's two gun shows within 20 minutes of Nashville, BTW. Franklin Gun shop is a cool place for expensive, upper tier goodies. Downtown Franklin is a throwback to Mayberry, IMO.

The Outpost is Ronnie Barrett's shop, about 30-45 minutes from Nashville, on I-24 East. They usually have some cool goodies in stock.

Hope this helps.
View Quote
Unfortunately it's a short trip, came to see a band play earlier tonight. Work prevents staying any longer. I'm only here for today and part of tomorrow. Checked in late last night, had all day today and we're checking out at 10am tomorrow but plan to hit a few places on the way home. Planning on checking out the Jack Daniels distillery tomorrow. I forgot Barret was so close, might try to squeeze in a visit. 

We take 65 home so Franklin is right on the way. If there's time I'll try to stop there. There's no real upper tier stores near my AO so it'd be entertaining. 

Thanks for the advice. 

ETA: On the topic of my OP, I actually called Nashville Armory to see if they had an MP7. Guy said no, they didn't, only H&K they had was a .40 UMP. What kind of MG rental place doesn't even have an MP5? 

Oh same guy said that they couldn't get MP7's or 416's since they were new and only sold to LE and military. So I asked how they got the UMP and various other post '86 MG's. ?? He didn't have an answer. 
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Royal Range in Bellevue has MG rentals, call them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Back home now, unfortunately we didn't get to make too many side visits. We did however stop by Franklin Gun Shop. 

HOLY SHIT! That place was fucking AMAZING! I've never seen such an amazing selection of high end firearms and gear. I got to see a few things I'd never handled in person. Lots of high end ARs, the new AUG (drool) RPR's in 6.5 Creedmor, Sig MPX (my next big gun purchase) with and without the Sig brace. 

Prices were high on some things (like ammo and certain guns, like an $800 Tiffany's blue Duracoated G19 ) but reasonable on others and gear. The staff was super helpful and seemed knowledgeable. 

My only complaint is about this one employee  (older guy, 50's, gray hair, manager or owner maybe??) who was showing me the MPX w/brace. First thing I did after checking it was clear was shoulder it and the guy practically had an aneurysm and said "You just committed a felony, that's 10 years in prison." I told him I was pretty sure the ATF Tech Branch had said it was kosher but wasn't sure enough to get into a pissing match with him. I wouldn't have minded if he'd just said something like "I'd appreciate it if you don't shoulder it in the store" but he was just a dick about it. Saying "Hey you're the one that's gonna be in prison." Just rubbed me the wrong way, since he knows good and fucking well that every "pistol" he sells with a Sig Brace (and there were dozens on the shelves) is gonna be shouldered. 

I had planned on spending a decent amount of money there on things I can't get locally but after that encounter all I bought was a $7 Multicam sandbag, which is really nice btw. 

Sorry, rant over. 

tl:dr Franklin Gun Shop in Franklin Tn is an amazing store definitely worth visiting, if for no other reason than to handle products in person before buying them cheaper online. Also, sales dude was a dick. 
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Funny the op thinks the sales person at FGS was a "dick".  I bet the sales person thinks someone who comes into his shop in order to waste his time and fingerbang his guns just to get an idea of what he wants to order from online is probably a "dick" too.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:57:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Funny the op thinks the sales person at FGS was a "dick".  I bet the sales person thinks someone who comes into his shop in order to waste his time and fingerbang his guns just to get an idea of what he wants to order from online is probably a "dick" too.
View Quote
Yeah, because handling a gun in a gun store is wasting a sellers time.  What, I guess you just walk in your LGS and say "Hello there good sir, see that xxxx you have there on the shelf? I have never held that particular item so I have no idea how it feels and handles, but please by all means package it up and here's my credit card." 

The guy WAS a dick. He basically called me a felon for shouldering a Sig brace. He was just extremely rude about it for no reason. How you can possibly say I was wasting his time by looking at an item I was prepared to buy boggles my mind. But apparently that makes me a dick. Oh well, he/you can think whatever he wants of me, I don't give a shit.

I'll still enjoy shooting my MPX that I'll eventually buy online for $350 less than his price. Yet he'll still wonder why brick and mortar gun stores are going out of business every day. 

Admit it, you're the dick sales guy weren't you?  Sorry I hurt your feels. 
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My only complaint is about this one employee  (older guy, 50's, gray hair, manager or owner maybe??) who was showing me the MPX w/brace. First thing I did after checking it was clear was shoulder it and the guy practically had an aneurysm and said "You just committed a felony, that's 10 years in prison." I told him I was pretty sure the ATF Tech Branch had said it was kosher but wasn't sure enough to get into a pissing match with him. I wouldn't have minded if he'd just said something like "I'd appreciate it if you don't shoulder it in the store" but he was just a dick about it. Saying "Hey you're the one that's gonna be in prison." Just rubbed me the wrong way, since he knows good and fucking well that every "pistol" he sells with a Sig Brace (and there were dozens on the shelves) is gonna be shouldered. 
View Quote

I would have given him back the gun, told him to call the ATF, and that I'd be perfectly happy to wait for them to take me to jail.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I would have given him back the gun, told him to call the ATF, and that I'd be perfectly happy to wait for them to take me to jail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was genuinely tempted, but I no shit believe this guy would've done it. Not that anything would've come of it if he had, but I try to avoid inviting the man into my life, even somehow as vague as that. 

It would've been worth it to see the expression on his face when the ATF or local LE would've laughed him off the phone though. 

I mean this guy was 100% serious when he said "You just committed a felony." I kinda chuckled and jokingly said "You're not gonna turn me in are ya?" The guy just looked at me like he intended to do just that. I wouldn't have been a bit surprised for him to have written down my girlfriend's license plate, in a frenzy to call to the ATF tip line and have me spend "10 years in prison" (his words). 

I'll update the thread if my girl gets a visit from the JBTs. I'll warn her to hide her dag. 

Really though, I'm not losing any sleep over the whole thing. I didn't write the OP cause I had my panties in a twist, I was just frustrated because the guy was rude for no reason. Maybe he'd had a bad day, maybe he was just born a large diameter dick hole. It's a shame it tarnished what was otherwise the nicest, most well equipped gun store I'd ever been to. 
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was genuinely tempted, but I no shit believe this guy would've done it. Not that anything would've come of it if he had, but I try to avoid inviting the man into my life, even somehow as vague as that. 

It would've been worth it to see the expression on his face when the ATF or local LE would've laughed him off the phone though. 

I mean this guy was 100% serious when he said "You just committed a felony." I kinda chuckled and jokingly said "You're not gonna turn me in are ya?" The guy just looked at me like he intended to do just that. I wouldn't have been a bit surprised for him to have written down my girlfriend's license plate, in a frenzy to call to the ATF tip line and have me spend "10 years in prison" (his words). 

I'll update the thread if my girl gets a visit from the JBTs. I'll warn her to hide her dag. 

Really though, I'm not losing any sleep over the whole thing. I didn't write the OP cause I had my panties in a twist, I was just frustrated because the guy was rude for no reason. Maybe he'd had a bad day, maybe he was just born a large diameter dick hole. It's a shame it tarnished what was otherwise the nicest, most well equipped gun store I'd ever been to. 
View Quote

Franklin Gun Shop has nice stuff, and their prices reflect their location, too. If it's the older guy I'm
thinking of, then you're not wrong, he has an attitude.

Don't worry about shsdawg58, dude. He's probably tired from all of the gun show attendees dribbling nacho cheese all over his booth.

Don't take it personally, he's actually a half-decent guy. Bob Cole, on the other hand... Lock up your goats.

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Franklin is definitely worth a look.  Depending on what you want, you can occasionally find a deal there.   Outpost Armory is even better, they had a wider variety of the stuff I'm interested in and can't often see in person elsewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top