Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2016 9:46:18 PM EDT
Hi,
I just moved back to middle TN and my parents have been wonderful in the move and allowing us (family of 5 and a 130 lb dog) to stay at their house as our house was finished being built.  I'm wanting to get them a gift for their generosity.  They love to visit wineries and I'm looking to find a nice bed and breakfast for them to spend a few nights at. They live in the Nashville area and their travel radius would be no more than 5 hours by car.  They are already members at Arrington, so this would not be an option.  I'm looking for recommendations on wineries. If there isn't a B&B onsite, that's ok if there are decent hotels nearby.  Their anniversary is coming up 11/7 so I'm hoping to get something lined up in the next couple days. If you have any recommendations, I'm all ears.  I'm going to post this in the NC, TN, KY, and AL hometown forums.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Ashville, Biltmore
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Castle Hill in Kentucky looks interesting from the road.  But it doesn't look like they have an onsite BnB.  But I believe that there are some nearby.

http://castlehillwinery.com/

Looks like you can stay at the castle if you want.  http://www.thecastlepost.com/
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Grinder's Switch Winery, in Centerville.

Wife, friends, and I all liked it.

Don't know about B&B's...

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Beachaven Winery is in Clarksville, just off I-24. They don't have a B&B on site, but there are plenty of hotels nearby. This coming Saturday they'll be hosting their final Jazz on the Lawn concert of the 2016 season. It's a fun way to spend an evening; laying on a blanket, listening to good music, drinking some good wine, and enjoying a picnic dinner.

Beachaven Jazz on the Lawn
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Highland Manor Winery in or near Jamestown, TN.  Find a B&B in Rugby TN.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Multiple wineries in Polk Co as well as  B&B's. Tellico Plains has cabins on the river, as does Polk Co. Should be nice to see the coloring of the fall leaves, sip some wine & view the mountains, IMO. All from the front porch, I may add...........  
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Lynchburg Wineries as mentioned in your AL winery thread.  Downtown Lynchburg; take the Jack Daniels tour.  Reserve lunch at Miss Mary Bobo's, reserve early, like right now.

There's a nice B&B in downtown Cowan, about 25 miles +/- from Lynchburg.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lynchburg Wineries as mentioned in your AL winery thread.  Downtown Lynchburg; take the Jack Daniels tour.  Reserve lunch at Miss Mary Bobo's, reserve early, like right now.

There's a nice B&B in downtown Cowan, about 25 miles +/- from Lynchburg.

Good luck.

View Quote

Lynchburg would be good this weekend.. Isn't it the Jack Daniels Invitational BBQ on Sat?

Good stuff, but it gets BUSY as the day goes along...
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:57:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Get them a house/cabin in Yadkinville, NC plenty of wineries and I recommend visiting Shelton Wineries Harvest grill for brunch it is about 6 hours though

Plenty of winerys there in that area
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Highland Manor Winery in or near Jamestown, TN.  Find a B&B in Rugby TN.
View Quote

Rugby is not far and I've heard good things about Wildwood Inn near Pickett State Park (about a 20 minute from Highland).  Crossville is also only about an hour away and there are 2 more wineries there.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Its in the middle of no where but they make decent wine.  Also the area is where the song "Copperhead Road" came from.

http://www.wataugalakewinery.com/
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#12]
The TN HTF is a great Winery

Beechhaven in Clarksville is my go to spot for cooking wine.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Its in the middle of no where but they make decent wine.  Also the area is where the song "Copperhead Road" came from.

View Quote

Last month we cruised over there, it is our local winery

Went to local winery for a tasting

and on the way home we drove down Copperhead rd...feeling like gangsters

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fixed your link.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks guys. Lots of choices. Will be doing some research tonight.

We love being back in TN!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks guys. Lots of choices. Will be doing some research tonight.

We love being back in TN!!
View Quote

If head our way let me know if you need "guidance"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top