Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2016 1:29:12 AM EDT
In Lewisburg, both shell stations are out.  Everything else is closed this time of the night.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:35:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Another couple days of this shit....they'll be rioting in the streets here in Nashville.

It was not a pretty picture tonight.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:38:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got 3/4 of a tank but I thought I would top off after work 11:30 pm.  I got $.19 lol.  Dude next to me prepaid for $5 and couldn't get it.  He spent $20 inside on bullshit and tried to buy 2 gallons of gas, lol!
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:46:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I live near knoxville.

Just got back from topping all the tanks off.

No lines, no dead pumps...

calm before the storm perhaps?
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:47:06 AM EDT
[#4]
No problems here in Knoxville.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 5:42:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Big thread in GD. Could get a bit sporty in a day or two if the trucks don't start rolling.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#6]
West Nashville was out last night. Luckily, Mrs. IHJ's car and mine have at least half-full tanks.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:18:08 AM EDT
[#7]
3 vehicles with topped off tanks plus about 25 gallons in cans. I'll be alright for a couple weeks.

One local gas station is dry. The other one still had gas last night.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Car was below a quarter tank when I left for work, yesterday, so I filled it up.

I think the 5 gallon can for the lawn mower is full (the grass can wait), so I should be OK until at least next weekend.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#9]
No issues in Elizabethton.  Topped off all three vehicles.  No climb in prices yet...
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Watched the price change this morning from $1.84 to $1.95 at Sam's Club in Clarksville.  Fearing the worse I went inside and bought a few bottles of wine and a couple cases of beer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#11]
How is diesel supply holding up? I'm planning on driving thru Tennessee on I40 with a rental truck later this week and may need to change my route if diesel is scarce.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How is diesel supply holding up? I'm planning on driving thru Tennessee on I40 with a rental truck later this week and may need to change my route if diesel is scarce.
View Quote

If you can find any stations that get their gas out of Tuscaloosa, then you should be good to go.  In fact you might want to inform stations in your area that Tuscaloosa is on the Houston side of the break.

This site actually has better reporting than any of the official News sites.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I filled my Honda Fit at the Charlotte Avenue Shell station an hour ago. It pumped slowly, but I only needed 6 gallons, which is enough for two weeks of driving.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Picked my daughter up from the in laws in chapel hill and saw $2.79 a gallon, lol!
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Went out for dinner in Clarksville. It's payday weekend and no slow down. Gas is averaging $2.19 in the exit 4 area. I'm pretty sure we'll be okay.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I filled my Honda Fit at the Charlotte Avenue Shell station an hour ago. It pumped slowly, but I only needed 6 gallons, which is enough for two weeks of driving.
View Quote

Charlotte and Old Hickory Blvd?

Drove by there a couple hours ago, and they had a car at each pump.  Drove by maybe 20 minutes ago, and there was only one car at the pumps.  May be out.  May have just not been busy.

In the last half hour, Bellevue Kroger had a car at each pump and one or two waiting for a free pump.  Mapco at I-40 and Old Hickory Blvd had two or three cars at the pumps.  

Every other station I noticed, was either dry, or only had diesel and E85.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Drove by there a couple hours ago, and they had a car at each pump.  Drove by maybe 20 minutes ago, and there was only one car at the pumps.  May be out.  May have just not been busy.

In the last half hour, Bellevue Kroger had a car at each pump and one or two waiting for a free pump.  Mapco at I-40 and Old Hickory Blvd had two or three cars at the pumps.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

'Yup..

No waiting, but it took quite awhile to squeeze six gallons out of the pump.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I topped off in Jackson when I got off work at 1 yesterday, nobody was at the station, no problems pumping. (I was in the wife's car) I topped of the truck I'm driving in Mercer later that afternoon. No long lines there either. That coupled with the 15 gal I have in cans should ride us through any small  bumps.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#19]
West Knoxville appears to have gas. I drove to the Smokies today to fish and in Maryville the Kroger's was out as was one other gas station.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#20]
south Jackson is good.  Walmart had truck there today.  Only heard of one station in Jackson that closed Friday night.  Wal-Mart south Jackson is $2.06.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#21]
McMinnville is mostly out on the main drag through town (SR 56) the out of the way stations still have it. I have full tanks on the main vehicles and my gas can in the truck. I will update the situation in Cannon and Rutherford counties as I drive to work tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Heard them talking about it on the radio Friday morning and how it could become an issue. They let us off an hour early from work so I went to the gas station on post to put air in a tire that was a little low so it would be good when I drive up to Knob Creek for the KY HTF shoot on the 24th. While there I remembered about the gas thing and my truck was at half a tank so I filled it up with Mid grade for ~2.17/gal. Drove home to mow the lawn and took my wife's car to put gas in the can for the mower that was empty. Decided to fill her car too since it was at half a tank and she would be driving down to Nashville this week. As I got to the pump I looked and regular was $1.99/gal I set the can down and got out my debit card and as I am looking at the price it changed right before my eyes to $2.19/gal. Just like that a $.20 increase in the blink of an eye.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:40:00 AM EDT
[#23]
No issues in the NW region.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Woodbury CO-OP is out of 100% but good on the 10% ethanol, Quick Mart was pumping gas when I went by.
Dodges in Mboro and the BP at Broad and Thompson had customers pumping fuel as did the Florence Station.
Big Charlie's, the new Exxon, Walmart, and Kangaroo on Nissan Dr in Smyrna looked to have gas.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Went out for dinner in Clarksville. It's payday weekend and no slow down. Gas is averaging $2.19 in the exit 4 area. I'm pretty sure we'll be okay.
View Quote

I imagine the Clarksville area won't be as bad as say Nashville or other parts of TN, since you're close enough to go to KY unless you're completely out of gas.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No issues in Elizabethton.  Topped off all three vehicles.  No climb in prices yet...
View Quote

Howdy Neighbor.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:49:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Things seem to be getting somewhat back to normal in Lewisburg.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I imagine the Clarksville area won't be as bad as say Nashville or other parts of TN, since you're close enough to go to KY unless you're completely out of gas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

KY gets their gas from same place.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I live in Soddy Daisy, went to Wal-Mart after I dropped the kids of at school.  Wal-Mart was out of gas as we're three of the four gas stations I drove past. The last station only had diesel and ethanol free.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Howdy Neighbor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Howdy Neighbor.

How's it goin  Looks like the pipeline reroute will be up tomorrow... At least that is what the news said.  Hopefully this makes people more aware of the fragility of our infrastructure  Sadly, I think it will be forgotten in a few days though...
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:54:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

eh, maybe it's just this town then.  I haven't seen much hoopla here yet.  But across the border it's a bit of a different story.

then again maybe i'll be different when i tank up next. *shrug*
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Who's ready for round two?  Apparently there was a gas pipeline explosion in Alabama.  Fml
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top