Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2016 2:12:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I did one through legalzoom a few years ago. Was easy. Just remember to file your annual reports each year and register to pay sales tax if that's what you are doing.

Now closing the business, that has been a PITA.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Really? State keeping you on the hook?
View Quote

Oh yeah. Ton of different places I've had to go to and/or contact. Lots of hoops to jump through.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:39:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Looked at Legalzoom when I did my business. After some research, I just decided to do it myself. Saved a bit of money and the actual paperwork was insanely easy. The only slightly confusing thing was the registered agent.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:37:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#6]
The TN secretary of state website has a good guide to forming an LLC, and it has forms.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yup, that's where I filed. Everything online, easy peasy.
View Quote

Now just wait for all the other assorted fees and taxes. Lots of hands to show up wanting cash.

Eta. What kind of businesses if you don't mind saying?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:21:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh the registration is just the start. When the wife and I started our business about 17 years ago we did a s-corp. wife did all the paper work, so I would not  be much help. But I can say every time we turned around the was one more thing we had to pay. $20 to death just to start, or so it felt. Ultimately we needed to change career paths and are better for it. As was already stated closing was equally as much BS.

And for the record... I see no advertising, just answering a question.

Also best wishes on the new business.  May what I assume is starting as a hobby business grow as far as you wish to take it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:54:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top