Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2016 10:14:56 PM EDT
I've always enjoyed hunting dove on opening day with my son.  We're relatively new to Tennessee, and I'm looking for a paid hunt.  Do you guys usually start at noon on opening day with the big hunts, or how does it work around here?  I used to stop by the local mom and pop hunting shop and find a hunt on the bulletin board.

Is there a place that would have them advertised, or does anyone know of one going on?

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Dove season starts at noon on opening day which is always September 1st. TWRA has wildlife management area hunts and also usually works with private land owners to set up public hunts on their land.  This link says the list of hunts will be posted in August.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dove season starts at noon on opening day which is always September 1st. TWRA has wildlife management area hunts and also usually works with private land owners to set up public hunts on their land.  This link says the list of hunts will be posted in August.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#3]
They have started to list their hunts. Region 2 that covers south of Nashville is not listed yet but should be soon.

ETA: Region 2 fields are listed now
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 12:15:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I noticed that, thanks for the heads up, I wouldn't have had a clue if you didn't mention it.

I can't wait.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:15:08 AM EDT
[#5]
You're welcome and I hope y'all have good luck knocking down some doves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top