Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2016 4:31:06 PM EDT
I'm going to relocating June 13, (just found out) to Nashville for work. I'm unfamiliar with the area. What areas of Nashville would you avoid, and I'm looking to spend maximum $1,000 a month but preferably $800 or less a month on a pet friendly apartment (2 small dogs) in a safe area of Nashville. I might be able to live outside Nashville as long as I still have access to public transportation to take me into Nashville. Does anybody have recommendations?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think there is such a thing.

I haven't looked at apartments, myself, in nearly two decades, but my daughter recently finished college and still has a touch of that idealistic view of the world and wants to move out on her own.  In an attempt to help her face reality, my oldest sister has been sending her information on apartments.

I had thought $1,000/month would be the minimum for a safe area in Nashville, but my sister claims that $1,000 won't do it, and even some of the unsafe areas are in the $1,000/month range.

You might have better luck  in the surrounding counties.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at Trulia.com. You can search in your price range and each listing has a map you can pull up crime stats for that area.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
You might have some luck if you look at Murfreesboro. There's a Nashville MTA bus which runs to and from Murfreesboro each morning and afternoon. Murfreesboro also has a bus, but its service is pretty limited.

In Nashville, you can get cheap, or you can get safe. You're not getting both, though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Nashville prices are way up.  I also have a friend struggling to find a $1k or less place where she can still work downtown.

I'm one of those lunatics that pays to live downtown but doesn't work there.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:34:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You might have some luck if you look at Murfreesboro. There's a Nashville MTA bus which runs to and from Murfreesboro each morning and afternoon. Murfreesboro also has a bus, but its service is pretty limited.

In Nashville, you can get cheap, or you can get safe. You're not getting both, though.
View Quote

There's also the commuter train that runs between Lebanon and downtown Nashville.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you all for your input. Pending a small name snafu (I have a common name, luckily the lady can tell what they're looking at isn't me), I'll be moving to an apartment complex in the Bellevue area of Nashville. $1320 a month in rent, obviously a bit more than I had thought of initially, but it's worth it. I went down and looked at the area and the part I saw looked pretty nice. So, I saw a billboard for something called Nashville Armory, opinions?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
You should just buy a house!  Would be much cheaper and larger for that amount of rent.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So, I saw a billboard for something called Nashville Armory, opinions?
View Quote

Not cheap, but best indoor range in Nashville, IMO.

I agree with checking out Lebanon or Mt. Juliet & get close to the train stations.

Good to hear from ya again!  
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thank you all for your input. Pending a small name snafu (I have a common name, luckily the lady can tell what they're looking at isn't me), I'll be moving to an apartment complex in the Bellevue area of Nashville. $1320 a month in rent, obviously a bit more than I had thought of initially, but it's worth it. I went down and looked at the area and the part I saw looked pretty nice. So, I saw a billboard for something called Nashville Armory, opinions?
View Quote

Howdy, neighbor! Long time Bellevue resident here, and you'll like it here. There are a few Arfcommers in the area, but I won't name names yet. Nashville Armory is OK, but Royal Range is in the neighborhood, and a damn fine place to shoot, according to a buddy of mine.

Which apartment complex? You can PM me the name if you don't want to broadcast it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:59:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Bellevue is a good area, royal range is great; I think you'll be happy with your choice.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#11]
West End Terrace on White Bridge rd.

Strategic Edge is the best range in middle TN.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Fin is right strategic edge is it...
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Fin is right strategic edge is it...
View Quote

Was there for several hours today.

Shocked at how few were there.

Good day for shooting plates in the shade.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top