Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2016 12:26:27 PM EDT
Howdy.....Been gone to Texas since 69 but closing in on retiremnent and have decided its time to come home. Grew up in Oak Ridge / Knoxville area. Have been looking around online for something  rural east of the Knoxville area. In a perfect world it will be a private 10 acre or better place I can shoot. Income will be modest so nothing elaborate will be possible. Would love to make contact with members up that way to start re-learning whats there and start planning

Rick Pleasant
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not up that way, I'm in McMinnville, but a friend of mine moved to Jefferson City 3 years ago and loves it. He got a mini farm about 15 acres and a house and barn at a decent deal. Go away from both Knoxville and the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg money pit metroplex and you will get better deals.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive got family in Anderson and Knox counties and Im pretty sure Im not interested in the crowds or prices anywhere close to Smokies  (it was getting too touristy for me 40 yrs ago). Really thinking Ill end up looking north and east up past Douglas and Cherokee lake areas.  Give me woods, hills, a stream / pond for the dog and at least 1/4 mile to the nearest neighbor and Ill be in heaven. lol   Have even found a couple restored log houses on acreage... now that would really be special!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in Roane and work in OR. Hit me up at jpear52@yaho#.com
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ive got family in Anderson and Knox counties and Im pretty sure Im not interested in the crowds or prices anywhere close to Smokies  (it was getting too touristy for me 40 yrs ago). Really thinking Ill end up looking north and east up past Douglas and Cherokee lake areas.  Give me woods, hills, a stream / pond for the dog and at least 1/4 mile to the nearest neighbor and Ill be in heaven. lol   Have even found a couple restored log houses on acreage... now that would really be special!
View Quote

Do a google map search for properties along Hinds Creek Rd, East Racoon Valley Dr, or Clark Dr.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top