Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2016 8:40:04 PM EDT
We're going to a wedding in Nashville Saturday, and I'm thinking about using Uber to get from the motel to the wedding and back.

Never used Uber before.

Any tips?

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You should (or used to) get ~$20 in "free" credit, just for signing up and using on your first service.  So, definitely do that.

Also, I always do the "Black Car" service - it's going to be a nicer car, plenty of room, etc.  It's only marginally more expensive, but definitely worth it.

Where are you staying vs wedding location?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Use it all the time.

Well for drunken weddings and events downtown.

$30 from Nolensville to Downtown is a steal. We got a E500 driven by a surgeon on his way to Vandy last time. Said he does it for fun but only in the afternoons.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Used it for the first time last year at the NRA Annual Meetings in Nashville.

It worked very well, and was convenient. The App is very useful.

The nice thing is no money needs to change hands unless you tip, which of course you should.

ETA: Planning on using it again this year in Louisville.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never used it, but from hat I heard, you can pick which driver of those available. A guy I work with here on FT Campbell does Uber driving in Nashville on the side. He's a senior NCO in the army so look for the name "Puffer" (if that's how it works). He drives a fairly new Jeep Cherokee. Not a member here but a gun loving conservative just the same.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:34:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info on this going to use Uber for first time when we are in Nashville this weekend too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I Uber around Nashville as needed.

Has always been flawless.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never used it, but from hat I heard, you can pick which driver of those available. A guy I work with here on FT Campbell does Uber driving in Nashville on the side. He's a senior NCO in the army so look for the name "Puffer" (if that's how it works). He drives a fairly new Jeep Cherokee. Not a member here but a gun loving conservative just the same.
View Quote

Is it a Trailhawk? If so,  I see it come through the dealership occasionally for service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top