Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2016 10:28:43 AM EDT
So we had a $450.00 stihl Br380 backpack blower stolen out of  our work truck in midtown yesterday, around noon near court and cooper.  I fully understand that it's the price of doing business in this city and that we will nerver see that machine again ( it was my favorite ).  I would however like to make life miserable for the scumbag if possible,  we filed a police report and I'm watching Craigslist etc.   I'll update this post with the machines ser# later today.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Asking a silly question: was it secured?
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This is Memphis.

"Secured" means sunk in concrete...
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope I was running an open trailer yesterday with racks setup for husky blowers.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Man I miss living in Memphis.....NOT.

Really do hope you find the low life and spread some karma his way. I hate a thief.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#5]
My electrician ran into the Home Depot in East Memphis and came back out to find someone IN his work truck.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:33:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Really do hope you find the low life and spread some karma his way. I hate a thief.
View Quote

Thanks.   I hate to say it but I really do think it's getting worse around here.   The area I was in is "nice/safe" but Memphis is Memphis I guess.  On the bright side the  MPD officers and detectives were very nice.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:45:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My electrician ran into the Home Depot in East Memphis and came back out to find someone IN his work truck.
View Quote

Nearly every time I go into that HD, I watch Loss Prevention stalking people.  It's actually sort of fun to watch.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks.   I hate to say it but I really do think it's getting worse around here.   The area I was in is "nice/safe" but Memphis is Memphis I guess.  On the bright side the  MPD officers and detectives were very nice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I call BS on that in red.

(It is possible, just not probable.)
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:41:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No bs I promise, the officers that took the report were friendly and helpful same with the detectives at the crump station.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#10]
At my father in laws work in Memphis they have 2 18 wheelers. They came in one morning and all the wheels/tires were gone from both tractors and trailers.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#11]
The local PD in Clarksville issued a statement warning lawn care companies. I guess this is becoming a common thing, grabbing blowers and trimmers while you're around back mowing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top