Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2016 4:06:08 PM EDT

We have a private road that is approximately 2000' long and 16' wide. There are a few drainage issues that need to be addressed and gravel to be laid down. There is no gravel now.

If anyone has a suggestion for a good honest contractor in the area please let me know
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag. I might try and piggyback on your thread regarding recycled asphalt if you get a person "in the know" in here.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

We have a private road that is approximately 2000' long and 16' wide. There are a few drainage issues that need to be addressed and gravel to be laid down. There is no gravel now.

If anyone has a suggestion for a good honest contractor in the area please let me know
View Quote

As a paving and grading contractor, the stone itself will run about $12-$15 per ton at the quarry, at least that the going rate for what most contractors pay. Add in the haul rate and then the equipment to place it and compact it, that will give you a ballpark price plus their OH and profit.

I'm doing some rough math and I would figure about a min of 1,200 tons alone. Maybe a bit more plus the added work of grading before placement and compaction after placing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As a paving and grading contractor, the stone itself will run about $12-$15 per ton at the quarry, at least that the going rate for what most contractors pay. Add in the haul rate and then the equipment to place it and compact it, that will give you a ballpark price plus their OH and profit.

I'm doing some rough math and I would figure about a min of 1,200 tons alone. Maybe a bit more plus the added work of grading before placement and compaction after placing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you interested in looking at the site and quoting a price?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in Knoxville, too far. You need someone local. Just thought I'd give you a ballpark range.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is where you might see some substantial costs. Depending on if just some re-grading can take care of it or if piping has to be put in.

Call at least two if not three contractors and get some quotes. Also, DO NOT PAY up front. Make sure they are insured and licensed. Ask for references and CALL them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:37:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is where you might see some substantial costs. Depending on if just some re-grading can take care of it or if piping has to be put in.

Call at least two if not three contractors and get some quotes. Also, DO NOT PAY up front. Make sure they are insured and licensed. Ask for references and CALL them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One section just needs a regrade. Another area about 700' long is going to need a trench dug.

It's kinda tough working from so far away and with the fact that this road serves several properties. Do you have anyone who you can think of that I can call to get an estimate?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

One section just needs a regrade. Another area about 700' long is going to need a trench dug.

It's kinda tough working from so far away and with the fact that this road serves several properties. Do you have anyone who you can think of that I can call to get an estimate?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm over 100 miles away and I wouldn't have a clue who to call up there. Sorry.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#8]
This thread is also relevant to my interest.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I know a guy from Elizabethton that I would highly recommend.  He has his own equipment and does great work.  

PM me and I'll send you his info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top