Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2016 3:35:55 PM EDT
Fincher says he is not running for re-election. So 6 years later, Im not sure of what he has accomplished, other than winning a damn expensive campaign against Kirkland.

Memphis's Flinn has already announced he will seek the seat. I really wish you guys in Memphis would give that guy a job so he stops messing around in the rest of West Tennessee's politics.

Andy Holt from the Weakley County area has already hinted at a run on Facebook.

Any candidate on the democratic side of thing would either be Roy Herron, or someone that I have never heard of.

I find it weird that there is no one from Jackson that is ready for this.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Small Bump.

Andy Holt has said he will not run.

We do have a candidate from Jackson. Brad Greer. Raised in Union City and came to Jackson for college at Union and stayed here.

Not sure of the names, but 6 men from Memphis have announced they are running. Custiff, Flynn, Kelcey and three others that I don't know the name of. seems like a crowded field but when you have 1 of the, I think, 14 counties of the district producing 6 candidates its bound to feel that way.

Still no dumbocrats in the race.....yet.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Fincher has some bad health problems going on in his family is why he's not running. No big loss. He didn't do anything productive. Whoever wins the red primary wins the seat. Fincher was the establishment guy. It'll be whomever Nashville picks to win and throws the money behind. In other words, whoever can be controlled.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have met Flinn  on several occasions in the past. He says all the right things, but I get a real bad feeling about him. My spidey sense is on high alert. I was really pulling for Holt to throw his hat in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top