Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2016 1:55:13 PM EDT
Besides Dicks, Which doesnt have dick.. Rural king doesnt seem to offer much either.. Id like to find something that actually has a metal door and not one with a 2 inch thick piece of fiber board wrapped in 12 ga steel that you typically see with "dept store" safes..
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Grandpas on 41A.

http://www.grandpasoutdoors.com/

TYCOM

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Also Tractor Supply Carries safes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:12:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Besides Dicks, Which doesnt have dick.. Rural king doesnt seem to offer much either.. Id like to find something that actually has a metal door and not one with a 2 inch thick piece of fiber board wrapped in 12 ga steel that you typically see with "dept store" safes..
View Quote

I'm in the market to upgrade from my first safe and get into something larger since they seem to multiply and scopes really hog the space. I've looked at all the usual suspects locally, I'm thinking about checking out the safe house in Nashville next.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Midsouth carries Browning and a couple other brands.
View Quote

Not familiar with this place???

Been meaning to get to grandpas, its been a while and dont remember what they carry

and Nashville safe house is on the list as well... Ive checked out TSC before and they kinda fall into the "dept store" safe category.. Anybody know if any of the places mentioned deliver? Safe is gonna have to make it to the 2nd floor
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#6]
If you come down to Nashville you could try The Safe House.
Nashvillesafehouse.com

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#7]
If you buy a safe in Clarksville it'll most likely be Chinese.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:57:42 PM EDT
[#8]
There's also Academy.  It's right across the road from the Governors Square Mall.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:49:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Been meaning to get to grandpas, its been a while and dont remember what they carry

and Nashville safe house is on the list as well... Ive checked out TSC before and they kinda fall into the "dept store" safe category.. Anybody know if any of the places mentioned deliver? Safe is gonna have to make it to the 2nd floor
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Midsouth carries Browning and a couple other brands.

I know grandpas does I think it was $150 but honestly they're also dept store quality, the only place that won't be are locksmiths and Midsouth Shooters supply. I need to get down to the safe house and check those guys out.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:49:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you buy a safe in Clarksville it'll most likely be Chinese.
View Quote

Academy sells safes made in America. Several different Winchester models. Cannon safes are not Chinese, although not American made.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Parker Safes and Vault. Top notch products. American made. Aaron the owner is a great guy and they deliver and install. Not sure where the store is, its in mid. Tn somewhere, but you could shop his website here for a safe made in the USA with real fire and theft protection ---> http://www.parkerssafesandvaults.com/ .
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Clarksville area here as well.

I bought my safe in '12 at the height of the insane rush for them. I did all my window shopping and comparison pricing on the show specials at the NRA Annual Meetings (which are up the road in Louisville in May).

Anyway, I went with a Superior Safe Co. model, and Parker's Safes and Vaults out of Shelbyville did the delivery and install.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top