Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:36:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was a damn good time, indeed. Thanks much to gratioflash for hosting, his mama for cookies and chess pie, voldaddy for good vittles, and everyone that let me shoot their stuff, finger their goodies, and show me something cool. Let's do 'er again!
View Quote

We have to do it again!!!!  I brought a bunch of tannerite and it never got used!!!!  No other place around here to use it
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Had a great time, but hurtin' this morning...

Thanks to GRATIOFLASH for the hospitality and to Voldaddy for the great grub!!!

It was great meeting everybody, and putting faces with names.

We need some "Hello, my name is..." stickers with pictures of our avatars....

We have to do it again... when it's warmer...
(I wonder if orange chalk stains...?)

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I am going to put in a plug for Shootingtargets7 that was recommended to me by someone on Arfcom a few weeks ago.  This 3/8 in target was shot probably 1000 times yesterday with at least everything up to 308 and sustained zero real damage other than the chains and bolts being hit and cut a few times.  I high can highly recommend buying from this guy and the targets are cheap!  

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks again to GRATIOFLASH for hosting another great event. It was great meeting so many nice people. I rely enjoyed seeing everyones guns. The Shrike and Barrett made my day.Thanks to everyone for the compliments on the food I really enjoyed cooking for the event. We must do this again sooner and in warmer weather. Maybe we can meet on the first Saturday of each month in Memphis/Jackson (rotate) at a range and eat afterwards.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thanks again to GRATIOFLASH for hosting another great event. It was great meeting so many nice people. I rely enjoyed seeing everyones guns. The Shrike and Barrett made my day.Thanks to everyone for the compliments on the food I really enjoyed cooking for the event. We must do this again sooner and in warmer weather. Maybe we can meet on the first Saturday of each month in Memphis/Jackson (rotate) at a range and eat afterwards.
View Quote

SECONDED!!!

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like y'all had a dang good time! Hate I missed it. I'll be putting in for time off next event.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#9]
To repeat what has been said. Thanks GratioFlash for hosting. Voldaddy your beans were good but the ribs were Excellent. Thanks to GratioFlash, bigwakes, HKOverkill, Jupiter and Hank for letting me shoot some different weapons. After this shoot I really want to get into the NFA game. Suppressors kick ass. FA was awesome, (first time). Suppressors also a first. Oh did I say suppressed shooting kicks ass.

And I'd most certainly be game for another gathering in the future.

Cason
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I finally got my can off the QD mount  .  Kroil, heat (torpedo heater), two aluminum V blocks, vice and an armor's wrench.  I won't forget to anti-seize it before getting it that hot again.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Dew it, good time was had by all, I think.

And I don't hate the idea of a regular meet up at all. We also need to figure out a central meeting spot for an annual gig, or get killthewabbit to convince the Nashville and points east crews to come on over.
View Quote

I'd definitely be up for it when the weather warms up a little more. I freeze my ass off for a living, and not freezing on my days off is a good plan for the moment. Since I guess our old TN HTF shoots are now history, it would be great to meet other TN Arfcommers, even Hank.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#14]
And as to the name tag suggestion.... It would be helpful. How we could do the avatar name tags I don't know. But screen name and actual name would be nice. I used to be really good with names. Not so much anymore.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Lol, you didn't want to just send it back for the shop to service?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I finally got my can off the QD mount  .  Kroil, heat (torpedo heater), two aluminum V blocks, vice and an armor's wrench.  I won't forget to anti-seize it before getting it that hot again.  

Lol, you didn't want to just send it back for the shop to service?

That'd been the next step, luckily I've got tools, lots of patience from my former life in aviation maintenance and let's not forget Kroil.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am going to put in a plug for Shootingtargets7 that was recommended to me by someone on Arfcom a few weeks ago.  This 3/8 in target was shot probably 1000 times yesterday with at least everything up to 308 and sustained zero real damage other than the chains and bolts being hit and cut a few times.  I high can highly recommend buying from this guy and the targets are cheap!  

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/tnriverluver/target_zps9a6lss6r.jpg
View Quote

Remember where you got them? I think I need a few. That was fun to shoot at with the 308.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:36:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Remember where you got them? I think I need a few. That was fun to shoot at with the 308.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shootingtargets7 lol   I just placed an order for 4 of the smaller 4 in gongs this evening.  Last order only took 3 days to arrive USPS flat rate box.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 12:41:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And as to the name tag suggestion.... It would be helpful. How we could do the avatar name tags I don't know. But screen name and actual name would be nice. I used to be really good with names. Not so much anymore.
View Quote

I was saying the same thing at the shoot. I couldn't keep up with names and screen names. It was odd getting a mental image of the  avatar when someone would tell me their screen name. I guess I am on ARFCOM too much. If we do ribs again, I want to buy a rack to take home. That stuff was awesome. I might even bring some ammo for the 50.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 12:49:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

My wife shot the chain once. Thanks for bringing the target. I held her high for missing a target that size while shooting off a bipod at 100yd.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My wife shot the chain once. Thanks for bringing the target. I held her high for missing a target that size while shooting off a bipod at 100yd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It happens and I fully expected it to.  That's why I brought plenty of spare parts and another complete target to keep it running if need be.  I wasn't sure how it would stand up to that kind of abuse but am pleased at the results for such a cheap target to put together.  I need to try and find some more resilent chain for the next shoot and I will set out guite a few more of these.  I'm thinking case hardened chain will do better.  Bullets cut that cheap 1/4 in chain from Lowes like butter.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I still can not get the smile off of my face.

" />
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
HKO and consitutionlvr discuss the rise of strong female lead characters in 19th century Norwegian theater

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=85467
View Quote

The bullets will come out of that end. Pew Pew Pew
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like you guys had some nice items there! The Barrett was my favorite from the couple pics that I saw.

That's the kind of shooting that I love! Someday I hope to see you guys down there for a future shoot.

We have the moving truck showing up tomorrow so we'll most likely be on our way to Tennessee tomorrow night.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 8:25:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

HKO and consitutionlvr discuss the rise of strong female lead characters in 19th century Norwegian theater

View Quote

Ok, I chortled....

Wife about lost it.....
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

"That there's the lookin' piece. That's where you look. See?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The bullets will come out of that end. Pew Pew Pew

"That there's the lookin' piece. That's where you look. See?"

You a funny guy, Sully...

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:03:09 AM EDT
[#32]
I somehow missed bigwakes's announcement that the 50 was going off. I was literally 4' away too. Scared the crap outta me. Was like standing next to a frag grenade minus the frag part. was certainly not expecting it
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:10:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I somehow missed bigwakes's announcement that the 50 was going off. I was literally 4' away too. Scared the crap outta me. Was like standing next to a frag grenade minus the frag part. was certainly not expecting it
View Quote

I had my ears off and turned around just in time to give me about .01 of a second to get them back on!  I hear enough cricket chirping as is!
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Gun cleaning party at my house today.  8 guns running mostly dirty Wolf is enough!  Gawd I'm glad I never pulled out the Garand I brought for my buddy to try!
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Same here. My wife asked when I was going to pickup the pile of guns and ammo cans in my bedroom.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:22:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I shouted going hot on the Barrett in both directions before firing. I guess I need an air horn like when they detonate explosives. May be just a suppressor.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I shouted going hot on the Barrett in both directions before firing. I guess I need an air horn like when they detonate explosives. May be just a suppressor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cyclops would be nice! I preoccupied with loading those 9mm stick mags with frozen fingers. Those things are hard to load in a warm environment.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:57:30 PM EDT
[#38]
The 50 seemed quieter standing beside it than standing behind it. That muzzle brake is a beast. I knew I should have bought that LC 50BMG ammo that palmetto had for $1.80 a rd a month ago. My wife was asking me about shooting it. She seems to have a thing for 50s.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 1:18:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Had a friends wife shoot it Saturday. She can't weight 110 pounds and seems like she enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 1:20:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Not sure. I'll ask him to if he hasn't.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top