Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2015 6:24:29 AM EDT

RK is having a show this weekend at the TN Fairgrounds. I have been told it is in the larger bldg. than the Goodman Show, so there should be a lot more dealers. I would think the Murf Show dealers will be there but obviously I can't say for sure.

I have also been told RK has arranged for FREE parking as well!  

As soon as I can confirm the free parking, I'll post something.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#1]
WSMV mentioned it, last night.  A member of the board that runs the fairgrounds is concerned and thinks it's wrong for the city to be hosting an event that promotes such illegal activity (allowing criminals to buy guns without background checks).  RK pointed out that with the police being present at the shows, it would be the stupidest place to try something illegal, and stated that background checks are done at the shows.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WSMV mentioned it, last night.  A member of the board that runs the fairgrounds is concerned and thinks it's wrong for the city to be hosting an event that promotes such illegal activity (allowing criminals to buy guns without background checks).  RK pointed out that with the police being present at the shows, it would be the stupidest place to try something illegal, and stated that background checks are done at the shows.
View Quote

Oh Davidson County... your residents never cease to amaze me... and I'm one of them
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#3]
It would be nice to see some different crap than the usual Goodman fare, but RK hasn't had a decent show since the old Hendersonville Expo Center. What killed the Murfreesboro gun shows for me was the longer drive, and the shitty building/Silence of the Lambs-esque dungeon in which it was held.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to miss this one.  Blew my wad on Saturday, and just made a $1700 offer in the EE.  

And I have to dog-sit.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Did your French rifle find a new home?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Did your French rifle find a new home?
View Quote

Couldn't give it away.  Someone offered me a used Anderson, but I don't need a cheap AR, nor am in the mood to flip it.  I could always hang onto this one as a parts gun.

Only a handful of people I spoke to had any idea what it was.  Several people thought it was an M1A.  

So after hours of wandering, I spotted an A1 flash hider poking up behind a table.  Turned out to be an excellent condition Colt 6002 with scope.  Ugh.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Bump.

Hope to see some folks there Sat. Maybe John can have a new Hebrew Hammer?  

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Old-School riot guns are my thing now, so no more Israeli stuff for now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Think you can 'find' one for $75 at a yard sale?   LOL
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Old-School riot guns are my thing now, so no more Israeli stuff for now.
View Quote

Me too! I'm looking for old school police style wood for an 870.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Think you can 'find' one for $75 at a yard sale?   LOL
View Quote

My $75 Ithaca came from a pawn shop in Rapid City, not a yard sale. Close, but it was my $20 Marlin Model 60 that was a yard sale find.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#12]
$75 yard sale find is what Mikie told Tommy he got that mint Stevens for.  You know the one he had been looking for over a year to buy.  Mikie tricked it out and traded it to him though.  LOL

Best I ever did at a yard sale I passed on because it was priced WAY too low and the nice old lady had to be told that.  Mint pre war Browning Auto 5 in 12 guage.  She thought $50 was too much for it.  I sold it for her for $750 to a collecter I knew who wanted it BAD!  Lady did bake me a batch of Brownies and a Chess Pie when I told her that was all I would take for doing it.  Karma came around and found me finding a nice Colt 1911 Series 70 model for $200 from an ass I did not have pity on.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Can't confirm free parking as of today, sorry. I was told the show is in the same bldg. as the Goodman show but they're opening up the bay door to use the next door room for extra space. I guess it will be much like the Murf show?

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Heading there in a few minutes. Anyone here have any updates on how it is?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Not a bad show by any means. The extra room for dealers was nice, meant more room between aisles.

Cool dog show going on next door too.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top