Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 2:24:46 PM EDT
Quick question, since I don't remember if it was covered during my MSSA intro class and I figured someone here would know  Can you run shotguns on the rifle range with shot or slugs only?  There might be an allowance on the tactical range, but I have yet to be able to get free to get my qual for that range, as they typically do it during a match and I am always tied up with familiy on the weekends.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:12:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Been a member for 22 years- don't know the answer to that one.

Try: (901) 867-8277
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I asked Bobby, one of the managers, that question a few weeks back. He told me slugs are ok in the covered rifle range. I believe shot shell is ok at any range, #7-1/2 shot or smaller.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I was out there last wed and there was hulls on the ground at about the 25yrd on on of the rifle lines but I didnt see what they were.  Just curious if I can shoot the new toy
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#4]
All I really know is that if you take a Benelli M1 Super 90 on the skeet range with an extended magazine Jay Robilio will waddle out real fast and demand to know what kind of shells you're shooting- like you'd be shooting slugs and or buckshot at skeet.

DUH.

True story.

And the answer was AA's in number 8 shot.  I was just checking to see if the M1 would cycle light loads reliably.

I hate when some fudd (and I'm a fudd) treats me like a retard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top