Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2015 9:29:37 PM EDT

Twice a year I take everything out of the safe & oil the shit out them. I did long guns tonight. Ho-lee shit, I forgot I had several of the long guns! Many I've never even shot before........

No telling what I'm gonna find when I do handguns this weekend...........  

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#1]
On several occassions. I have found guns under beds, between matresses, and in closets that I had forgotten about.
Congrats on the "new" finds. Makes it fun....
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Twice a year I take everything out of the safe & oil the shit out them. I did long guns tonight. Ho-lee shit, I forgot I had several of the long guns! Many I've never even shot before........

No telling what I'm gonna find when I do handguns this weekend...........  

View Quote

I try and do a clean out a couple times a year of all the safes but it doesn't always happen. I like finding parts in "the barn" I forgot or didn't know I had. I found a Valmet .243 mag 2 weeks ago that reminded me that I bought a rifle to go with it.  Also found one of the Caracals I bought from Reese.  Ironhand, I finally moved that Smith into a safe but have yet to fire it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Has it been sitting on your workbench this entire time??

My safe has more family paperwork and ammo than guns.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:23:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On several occassions. I have found guns under beds, between matresses, and in closets that I had forgotten about.
Congrats on the "new" finds. Makes it fun....
View Quote

That reminds me of when I heard my wife cursing me in pain after a 12ga fell on her foot when changing the dust ruffle.  Opps, I forgot about that one
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Has it been sitting on your workbench this entire time??
View Quote

Of course not. I moved it into a safe last week after ATF asked "whats in that box?"
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#6]
So only for two years or so...

Geez.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:25:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually, no. I have no where near enough guns for that sadly.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't discover forgotten firearms, but in 2013, when the shtf in the firearms market, I was looking for ammo to sell and make a quick buck, and I literally found about 3k of 308 I had "forgotten" and 20 308 pmags. Was like hitting the lottery that year.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I went thru my handguns Sat, getting ready for the range. Found 3-4 I had forgotten ALL about...........  
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I went thru my handguns Sat, getting ready for the range. Found 3-4 I had forgotten ALL about...........  
View Quote

If you give them to me, I'll pretend it never happened...

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If you give them to me, I'll pretend it never happened...
View Quote

If we had all the guns you've traded off thru the years, we'd all have enough guns................  

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#12]
AHA!! After reading and responding to this thread, I was going thru the top shelf of my safe. Under some boxes of the wife's jewelry, I found my old 70 series Colt Gov't Model in 38 Super. I haven't seen this pistol in about11 yrs. Put it on top of the boxes, and when it cools off a little in a month or so, it will be time to send some lead down-range.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
AHA!! After reading and responding to this thread, I was going thru the top shelf of my safe. Under some boxes of the wife's jewelry, I found my old 70 series Colt Gov't Model in 38 Super. I haven't seen this pistol in about11 yrs. Put it on top of the boxes, and when it cools off a little in a month or so, it will be time to send some lead down-range.
View Quote

Nice find!  You can get a cash premium if you sell a Colt .38 super around the southern border. Just kidding, don't do it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 12:57:39 AM EDT
[#14]
John if you quit selling your guns, you'd have more than 2!  HAHAHAHAHA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top