Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2015 12:21:26 AM EDT
I'm currently deployed, and since I have nothing to do but wait I plan on compiling parts to build a couple rifles.

Most stuff is simple and can be ordered online and go straight to my door. But I can't do that with lowers, and since I want to SBR them, I want to have my wife pick up a couple so I can get the Form 1's started so they'll be ready to go when I get back home.

So what I'm looking for is a dealer in the Franklin/Boro area that has the best price on stripped lowers. All I care about is in spec, don't care if they are blems or what the roll mark looks like. Multi-cal preferred.

Can you guys help me out?
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately the scenario you described, having your wife pick some up for you, is called a straw purchase and is illegal. However, your wife can legally purchase a couple lowers for you as a gift. So I'd let her know that you really want a couple lowers for your birthday and hopefully that's what she gets you.
As for your Form 1('s), don't forget that you'll need 2 finger print cards and 2 resent pass port photos to go along with the filled out forms. If you're missing one thing it will get sent back to you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unfortunately the scenario you described, having your wife pick some up for you, is called a straw purchase and is illegal. However, your wife can legally purchase a couple lowers for you as a gift. So I'd let her know that you really want a couple lowers for your birthday and hopefully that's what she gets you.
As for your Form 1('s), don't forget that you'll need 2 finger print cards and 2 resent pass port photos to go along with the filled out forms. If you're missing one thing it will get sent back to you.
View Quote

Unless OP has a trust.  Were you wanting to file as an individual or with a Trust?

Ill be on the lookout for cheap lowers from somewhere.  Some of the dealers advertise stuff like this on FaceBook and other places (if you have Social Media).
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've worked with gunshops for the better part of a decade, I'm well aware of how to word things.

And I will be filing with a trust, I do not need CLEO sign off. And it is far from my first rodeo with stamps.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#4]

There's another way to do this. Wife goes & pays for said lowers & the shop holds them until OP returns & does his own 4473. Everything on the up & up & all that, eh?  

OP, my LGS will be happy to do that for you. The Gun Crew has stripped lowers in stock & will be happy to hold them for you. *I* will make damn sure they do.  

Have the wife call them @ (615) 294-5806. They're located right smack dab in the middle of Nashville, in Old Hickory. Let me know if you need any help at all.

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#5]
What I really need are prices. As I cannot call around, and the wife can't price check for me due to works and the kid.

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

What I really need are prices. As I cannot call around, and the wife can't price check for me due to works and the kid.

View Quote

Let me see what I can do. I'm picking up a transfer tomorrow, I'll ask for you then.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Ok, what Reese has in stock are the following.

1) Seeking Precision, multi-caliber lower. $139.00, forged.

2) Spikes, multi-caliber lower. $149.00. Not sure if forged or not, I'm betting it is.

Hope this helps!

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:56:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ok, what Reese has in stock are the following.

1) Seeking Precision, multi-caliber lower. $139.00, forged.

2) Spikes, multi-caliber lower. $149.00. Not sure if forged or not, I'm betting it is.

Hope this helps!

View Quote

It does, thank you!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#9]
LGS around the corner from me has Anderson lowers for $49. Spikes for $89. Both are multi-cal and in spec.

Glad to help you if needed. IM me. I'm in the 'boro area

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top