Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2015 9:29:37 PM EDT
I'm about 5 minutes from this whole ordeal. Is there anyone here affected by the spill? Luckily I didn't have to evacuate.

I took these driving past the airport and Alcoa Wally World tonight:

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Why's the airport on fire?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It's behind the airport. A train car carrying a load of acrylonitrile crashed, and the falling rain and heat from the train on fire caused hydrolysis and created gaseous HCN that was released into the air all day yesterday. They evac'd several thousand people and tried to take care of them and their pets. There was literally cyanide in the air.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's behind the airport. A train car carrying a load of acrylonitrile crashed, and the falling rain and heat from the train on fire caused hydrolysis and created gaseous HCN that was released into the air all day yesterday. They evac'd several thousand people and tried to take care of them and their pets. There was literally cyanide in the air.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's really comforting, lol.  Cousin lives a few miles from the area but didn't get the evac.  I'd hate for anyone to come knocking on their door at 1am, considering the last guy left bleeding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top