Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2015 3:08:43 PM EDT
I will be driving to Memphis, Tn this June coming down I55 from the north.  Going to the Memphis Dragstrip with the HotRod Magazine Power Tour.

I have hotel reservations in Atoka, TN.  Just wondering if that is a decent place to stay or not?

Thanks for any information on where to avoid, good places to go, eat, etc.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#1]
For your final destination at the race track, Atoka is a good choice. Straight shot pretty much down to the track and you won't have to fight Memphis traffic.  Be mindful, Atoka is still a small town and you will have less choices for food establishments and entertainment than Millington.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
That sounds good.

A good place to eat dinner and to the hotel for us old folks.

One more question, concealed carry, I have a IL permit, will TN recognize my permit?

Thanks again for info.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One more question, concealed carry, I have a IL permit, will TN recognize my permit?

View Quote

TN honors permits from all states.

- OS
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:07:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Atoka is a decent place.  I know several people that moved there to escape the madness of Memphis.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#5]
You should be just fine.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't speed too fast or bust lights in Millington, they have cameras everywhere.

And the yellow lights seem to be oddly short.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't speed too fast or bust lights in Millington, they have cameras everywhere.

And the yellow lights seem to be oddly short.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top