Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2015 12:14:19 PM EDT
He got charged with "aggravated assault."  Out on bail already.  

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/lenoir-city-loudon/2015/03/21/ex-lenoir-city-officer-in-custody-after-woman-shot-several-times/25156875/

UPDATE

Looks like the media attention got to the PD and they are charging him with attempted murder.
http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/2015/03/25/former-officer-charged-with-wifes-attempted-murder/70441916/

Gambrell was initially charged with aggravated assault, but Distirct Attorney General Russell Johnson decided Wednesday to upgrade the charges after Jenny Gambrell was able to be interviewed by investigators.

In a release, Johnson said the original charges were placed based on the information available to them at the time. Jenny Gambrell's medical condition prevented her from talking to authorities until Tuesday. The investigators also talked further with family members and witnesses to learn more about what led to the shooting.
View Quote

Correction to the first quote:  I said he was out on bond, but apparently he's still in jail.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like attempted murder.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Shit, that's nothing. Here in Nashville 10-12 years ago a cop went postal in Edge-o-Lake neighborhood. Apparently he (married) became upset when his GF (not married but also a cop) dumped him & took up with yet another cop. Postal cop repeatedly shot his service weapon multiple times (air & ground, IIRC) & had an on-camera meltdown. Cops stood around with their hands in their GD pockets thru the entire episode & did NOTHING. Were this a civilian, we'd have been dropped with a .308 rd most ricky tick.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shit, that's nothing. Here in Nashville 10-12 years ago a cop went postal in Edge-o-Lake neighborhood. Apparently he (married) became upset when his GF (not married but also a cop) dumped him & took up with yet another cop. Postal cop repeatedly shot his service weapon multiple times (air & ground, IIRC) & had an on-camera meltdown. Cops stood around with their hands in their GD pockets thru the entire episode & did NOTHING. Were this a civilian, we'd have been dropped with a .308 rd most ricky tick.  
View Quote

The list of rural (and now municipal) counties I want to move to is getting smaller every month.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#4]
UPDATE

Looks like the media attention got to the PD and they are charging him with attempted murder.
http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/2015/03/25/former-officer-charged-with-wifes-attempted-murder/70441916/

Gambrell was initially charged with aggravated assault, but Distirct Attorney General Russell Johnson decided Wednesday to upgrade the charges after Jenny Gambrell was able to be interviewed by investigators.

In a release, Johnson said the original charges were placed based on the information available to them at the time. Jenny Gambrell's medical condition prevented her from talking to authorities until Tuesday. The investigators also talked further with family members and witnesses to learn more about what led to the shooting.
View Quote

I bet he wishes he would've just killed now.

Correction to the first quote:  I said he was out on bond, but apparently he's still in jail.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:50:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember that.  I was watching it on tv and I didn't know he was a LEO.  Then when they let him grab another gun out of the car trunk I was like wtf is going on.  Then when it was reported he was a police officer it all made sense.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:14:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I remember an interview later where the spokesman told the reporter something like, "we could tell that he wasn't trying to harm anybody, he was just very upset."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top