Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2015 12:04:08 AM EDT
Update 3/26/15 Director of schools responds! Courtesey 960wbmc.com
School Director Responds to Controversy
Jay Walker Thursday March 26, 2015

In a statement released Wednesday, Warren County School Director Bobby Cox said military haircuts are not prohibited at any school in the Warren County School District. The statement was in response to a recent newspaper article which stated that a youngster at Bobby Ray School was reportedly threatened with suspension for having a haircut that violated the school's dress code. In the article, the child's mother said the child was wearing a military style haircut.
Cox said the incident is being investigated internally and would not comment on any specifics of the case.
Cox said the school system's dress code does not specifically address or prohibit any hair style. The policy does allow each individual school to make guidelines appropriate for their particular school. He said neither Bobby Ray nor any other school in the Warren County School District prohibits military haircuts.

Update 3/25/15 Fox17 just picked it up!!
http://fox17.com/m/news/features/top-stories/stories/McMinnville-Boy-Honoring-Brother-With-Military-Haircut-Forced-by-School-to-Shave-It-Off-107206.shtml

OK I'm asking for y'all to rain hell down on a local principal who threatened to expell a boy in my town for having his hair cut like his big brother in the Army.
Edit: Call the school if you like 931-473-9006

Contact Warren County Schools

link to newspaper

</a>" />
</a>" />
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:18:12 AM EDT
[#1]
You got it!  And GD might be a good place for this too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:01:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Its in GD. Here's a pic of said principal, Photoshop potential!" />

For context and verification purposes courtesey Southernstandard.com
" />
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:53:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Should've squirted her in the eye with the mustard
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:31:25 AM EDT
[#4]
freakin nanny state BS. Schools are out of control. Education is one thing the state has control over. TN's conservative legislature needs to purge the school system of these nut case liberal administrators or at the least de-horn them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Done.....
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Update?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#7]
No update info yet. Local paper is out on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday. I will definitely buy one this time to see if there's anything about it in there.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#8]
LoL @ "Bobby Ray".  

(I have no idea who that is, but just sounds funny coming from TN)
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:39:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LoL @ "Bobby Ray".  

View Quote

That Principal probably doesn't even know who the School is named for.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_R._Ray

David Robert "Bobby" Ray (February 14, 1945 – March 19, 1969) was a United States Navy Hospital Corpsman Third Class who was killed in action during the Vietnam War while assigned to an artillery battery of the United States Marine Corps. He was awarded the Medal of Honor posthumously, for his heroic actions on March 19, 1969.

In the early morning of March 19, 1969, Fire Support Base Phu Loc 6,
adjacent to Liberty Bridge near An Hoa in Quang Nam province, was
attacked by an estimated battalion of North Vietnamese soldiers.
Ray moved from parapet to parapet during the attack rendering medical
aid to the wounded Marines. While doing this he was seriously wounded
and then had to confront two enemy soldiers attacking his position,
killing one and wounding another. He refused the aid he needed and
advanced through the hail of enemy fire to continue his lifesaving
efforts.

Navy corpsman Ray's final act of heroism was to protect a Marine he
was treating after he had run out of ammunition holding back the enemy.
He placed himself upon the wounded Marine after he saw a grenade land
near them. By doing so, he saved the Marine's life and lost his own when
the grenade exploded. In addition to Ray, eleven Marines from his unit
died in the attack and two Marines and one Navy corpsman were also
killed nearby at the 1st Battalion, 5th Marines command post.

He was unmarried. His body was returned to the United States and was buried in Mountain View Cemetery McMinnville, Tennessee.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Its getting hot in the GD thread. They've even found her Facebook and posted stuff on page 4.
No update in the local paper, no response to calls or emails

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1731679_FIREMISSION__Boy_threatened_with_suspension_for_military_haircut.html
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#11]
well lets see if I get a responce

and no grammar Nazi's

I as a Veteran of this great country and proud to call TN my home, I am absolutely disgusted by the principal Monti Hillis deeming the young mans haircut "distracting"

I would bet that Bobby Ray is shaking his head is total disbelief

Yet the Principal has no issues with dressing up like a hot dog so the kids can squirt her with mustard and ketchup...that sure sound well rounded and moral

Please get rid of this Principal after she publicly apologizes to the young man, who she made feel ashamed of standing up for and believing in his Country and the proud roll model that is his brother and service member

Thank you for time and please do the right thing, or the moral thing and proudly honor your schools namesake and the veterans that ensure each and every citezin of these united states are protected by the Constitution and kept safe from those that want to harm us

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He was unmarried. His body was returned to the United States and was buried in Mountain View Cemetery McMinnville, Tennessee.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LoL @ "Bobby Ray".  

I had a feeling it was named after a Vietnam or current war vet.  Better man than I.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#14]
School director investigating matter. Update in original post!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#15]
trolling Mcminnville topix

Latest post: before it gets nuked:

Well Fox picked it up, let's see how this plays out.
If it comes out that the Principal was a bully, have her shave her head and apologize publicly

Heck it won't hurt her looks none, next time she wears the giant wiener suit ;)

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#16]
This story popped up on my faceplace account today, from somebody I know who lives in NY.  Strange small world we live in.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#18]

I love how all the people in the comments are pissing and moaning about the rules being too ambiguous.  They want it clear and down in writing, instead of what it says which is up to the discretion of the principal.  People want legal set-in-stone policies and then piss/moan when that happens. (re: "no tolerance")
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:31:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I love how all the people in the comments are pissing and moaning about the rules being too ambiguous.  They want it clear and down in writing, instead of what it says which is up to the discretion of the principal.  People want legal set-in-stone policies and then piss/moan when that happens. (re: "no tolerance")
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is because of the utter disappearance of common sense. No one can just figure it out on their own anymore. It has to be spoon fed to them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Boy and mom were live on Fox and friends this morning!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Good !
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#22]
This statement is not meant to be racist in any way, shape or form, and should not be taken that way. Just an honest observation:

Many black males have an extremely similar "fade" style haircut. Some have a flat top and shaved sides, and some look like the "bowl cut" done with clippers. Many have an artificial part made with a razor.

You cannot tell me that this little boy's high and tight is that different from the short clipper haircuts that many black males wear and that is never questioned by anyone as distracting or controversial.

If I was that child's parent, before I gave in to that principal and humiliated my son by having his head shaved, I would have my attorney carefully scrutinize the haircuts of every other child in that school (and entire school district for that matter),
and if any other kid had a similar haircut, and was not asked to shave their head, there would be hell to pay.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Good point, Snerd.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#24]
So I am still trolling the locals and they keep reporting me and complaining, so I did it again, this one will get deleted for sure....bunch of lib'd pussies
Hutt.....hutt....hutt....pick up that can citizen...... Show me you paperzzz

This sounds like more stupid nonsense and even stupider rules, being this is a local topix and I realize the people on here getting butt hurt are either friends or family...

I am judging BY THE information I have as a source, so as long as I have my right to free speech I will excersise it

Every local topix has at least one principal on it as a topic, they mess up and piss off the community, this one pissed off a lot more than locals

Bobby Ray was a MOH recipient, this alone pissed off a lot of people because of the disgrace, it didn't have to be a haircut, it could of been a bad bake sale

This country has become so politically correct (let's not upset blah,blah,blah) screw that, not everyone deserves to get a trophy or ribbon, suck it up and stop blaming everyone else if the agenda doesn't suit YOU

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This statement is not meant to be racist in any way, shape or form, and should not be taken that way. Just an honest observation:

Many black males have an extremely similar "fade" style haircut. Some have a flat top and shaved sides, and some look like the "bowl cut" done with clippers. Many have an artificial part made with a razor.

You cannot tell me that this little boy's high and tight is that different from the short clipper haircuts that many black males wear and that is never questioned by anyone as distracting or controversial.

If I was that child's parent, before I gave in to that principal and humiliated my son by having his head shaved, I would have my attorney carefully scrutinize the haircuts of every other child in that school (and entire school district for that matter),
and if any other kid had a similar haircut, and was not asked to shave their head, there would be hell to pay.

View Quote

Wait... the principle hated a buzzcut and ordered it shaved off?  So... she wanted an even SHORTER buzz cut for him?

how is that logical. o wait. liberals...

Plus you are right.  Fades and buzz cuts are popular styles with some cultures.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top