Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2015 5:38:47 PM EDT
Headed down to the NRA convention. What are some things I must do when in town. Especially, what restaurants are a must?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Merchants is a great place at 4th and Broadway, one block from the convention.  It'll be busy between 5 and 8, though.

If you walk up to Printers Alley on Church St, two blocks up from Broadway, there's great food at the little British style pub called Fleet Street.  

If you wish to engorge yourself and feel terrible, there's Rodesio Brazilian steakhouse on 2nd Ave.

Plenty of awful barfood around, if burgers and fries are your thing.

For drinking, pay your dues on Broadway and make your way to 2nd Ave.  More locals hang out there, and fewer loud bands.

Fleet Street is one of the few places without loud, annoying music.

Edit: Damn Nutmeggers...
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Rodizio is awesome! Endless meat delivered to your table.

Acme Feed & Seed is pretty good, don't know what the crowd is like at night.

Puckett's on 5th & Church is a great meat and 3 type place. Good southern style food.

Broadway Brewhouse has lots of beer taps and decent food for a bar. Big menu, decent burgers, and some creole inspired dishes.

The Beer Cellar has a lot of taps and some pool tables and dart boards.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, I'll check these places out
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:36:47 PM EDT
[#4]
hello, we're also coming down for the NRA convention, ...we are going to try to find time to see local area attractions while in town, ...any recommendations for us tourists?

...from a bit of searching I've done, seems like the mandrel house might be pretty neat, ...there's some old plantation house tours, ...and of course hopefully the food is good! ...looked up the Grand Ole Opry, but on the website basically says they are a CPZ, ...not sure about some of the other places in Opryland though?..
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Merchants is a great place at 4th and Broadway, one block from the convention.  It'll be busy between 5 and 8, though.

If you walk up to Printers Alley on Church St, two blocks up from Broadway, there's great food at the little British style pub called Fleet Street.  

If you wish to engorge yourself and feel terrible, there's Rodesio Brazilian steakhouse on 2nd Ave.

Plenty of awful barfood around, if burgers and fries are your thing.

For drinking, pay your dues on Broadway and make your way to 2nd Ave.  More locals hang out there, and fewer loud bands.

Fleet Street is one of the few places without loud, annoying music.

Edit: Damn Nutmeggers...
View Quote

I love Fleet St.

Nonna's Pizzeria and Wine Bar is great. Saw it on Triple D and went to check it out. Really good Italian

ETA Jimmy Kelly's is an awesome steakhouse

Double ETA  I totally spaced on the quintessintial Nashville dish Nashville Hot chicken. Prince's Hot Chicken Shack or Bolton's are the best.

If you must go to Hattie B's, just know I'm judging you
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:28:59 AM EDT
[#6]
The Southern is good.  The Palm is tasty.  Noshville is a deli, short cab ride.  If you go to see the Parthenon, Rottiers(sp) is real close & has a damn good burger.  Mid-Town Cafe is really good.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Southern is good.  The Palm is tasty.  Noshville is a deli, short cab ride.  If you go to see the Parthenon, Rottiers(sp) is real close & has a damn good burger.  Mid-Town Cafe is really good.
View Quote

The Palm is very good, and is the only place in Nashville where the bartender casually walked over, topped off our liquors, and didn't touch our tab.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top