Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/1/2015 9:49:52 AM EDT
I'm volunteering to work the NRA Foundation/Friends of NRA Banquet.
Also got a ticket to the NRA-ILA seminar.

Looking forward to it.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#1]
As a life member, I'm planning to go since it's in Nashville, about an hour and a half or so away.

Haven't been to a NRA show since the one in Seattle back in the '80's.

I'm looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
NRA convention and Knob Creek on the same days and my birthday is that Friday. I've never been to one of the conventions but I'm sure it's just like Shot Show. I've been to the Creek a bunch of times and I need to rummage for parts. What a dilemma.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NRA convention and Knob Creek on the same days and my birthday is that Friday. I've never been to one of the conventions but I'm sure it's just like Shot Show. I've been to the Creek a bunch of times and I need to rummage for parts. What a dilemma.
View Quote

Easy - Creek Friday and Saturday (so you don't miss any good deals) and the convention on Sunday as you head home
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I plan on going. I think Bob Cole is going also.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I will be there. Never been to one but I've heard it's pretty awesome. I've read online that they actually open the floor up a day or so early and to try to hit it then and avoid Saturday and Sunday like the plague.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.nraam.org/

Exhibit Hall Hours:  

Friday, April 10: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Saturday, April 11: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Sunday, April 12: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

The
Exhibit Hall is FREE to NRA Members and their immediate family. If you
are not an NRA member you will be required to join before the show or
when you arrive.

Registration Hours:

Thursday, April 9: 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Friday, April 10: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Saturday, April 11: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Sunday, April 12: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#7]
How many No Gun signs on restaurants will come down - temporarily at least?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Gonna try to go that Friday, with the hope of it not being as crowded as Saturday and Sunday.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Just like SHOT, but open to the public.  So, you can imagine
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:38:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I was thinking about driving in that Saturday, but after reading the posts about the crowds I am having second thoughts.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I may just do the drive to Knob Creek then. If I gotta deal with nut to butt rednecks/neck beards I might as well go someplace where I can get parts I need rather than stickers and pamphlets.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I will be there. Never been to one but I've heard it's pretty awesome. I've read online that they actually open the floor up a day or so early and to try to hit it then and avoid Saturday and Sunday like the plague.
View Quote

Fri & Sun aren't too bad. Sat is like free $$$ on Black Friday @ Wally World. I'd avoid it like the fucking plague, IMO..................    
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

None owned by Randy fucking Rayburn.............    
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:38:27 PM EDT
[#14]
SOOOO, my wife's and mine 10 year anniversary is April 9th.  I come home the other night and she said she had already booked a hotel and is surprising me with the NRA convention.  I'll be there!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:52:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
SOOOO, my wife's and mine 10 year anniversary is April 9th.  I come home the other night and she said she had already booked a hotel and is surprising me with the NRA convention.  I'll be there!
View Quote

Awesome. She's a keeper.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not quite the SHOT ShoW (4 years running now), but a real close 2nd.......I've been the last 8 years (NRA) and it is a good event, but gets crowded.....if you can't make it Friday try Sunday, typically a lot lighter crowd In the AM and later in the day.......

If you really want yo see it all, and browse .....plan for the better part of a day.......

PS you can preregister online if you're a current member and miss at least one of the lines...
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Not quite the SHOT ShoW (4 years running now), but a real close 2nd.......I've been the last 8 years (NRA) and it is a good event, but gets crowded.....if you can't make it Friday try Sunday, typically a lot lighter crowd In the AM and later in the day.......

If you really want yo see it all, and browse .....plan for the better part of a day.......

PS you can preregister online if you're a current member and miss at least one of the lines...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks, I didn't notice that before!  I just pre-registered at the link posted above and here:  http://www.nraam.org/

Thanks,

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Hmmm... Knob Creek shoot on Saturday, stay for the night shoot, hotel.... up early Sunday morning, NRA show on the way back home...

Tempting.    
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Also, on Saturday is the meeting of the membership.
Wayne and the Board will be there (sounds like a rock group...).

Robert's Rules of Order will be in effect.

The membership will be informed on what the NRA is doing on various topics, and any member can address the board.

It can get somewhat interesting at times.

(Google "NRA Revolt at Cincinnati")

;)

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which ones does he own?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Which ones does he own?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which ones does he own?

That's a dang good question.

And another:  Where's a good place to eat near where the NRA show is happening?  Lunch, Dinner:  what's good?

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:35:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And another:  Where's a good place to eat near where the NRA show is happening?  Lunch, Dinner:  what's good?

View Quote

Buckle up boys, here we go again
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Be easier to post where NOT to eat, IMO. *I* would avoid Big River: tourist trap. Wildhorse Saloon is kinda sorta one as well.

If one can on Fri, ease over to Dan's, on Lafayette & 5th Ave. South. Loosen yer belt & pile it on/in ya. Soul food at its finest.     He's closed on weekends though..............  

I'll gather up the list of anti-gun restaurants to post later. The TFA web site keeps a running list of them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:41:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which ones does he own?

Near the Music City Center:  Pub 5, Merchant's, Tavern 96, The Southern, Etch, Bakersfield, Barlines.  In no particular order.  They're all tasty.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh Oh, did I [inadvertently] put my foot in it???  

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. We here at the middle Tennessee htf tend to agree to disagree on which restaurant is best.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:00:35 AM EDT
[#28]
I gotta do my annual membership check.

When I say the NRA mails me nothing, I mean not a damn thing. I guess one of you fellas is getting my share of the junk mail.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'll be there Thursday night through Sunday morning.
View Quote

Nolo, I'd love to buy you a beer/dinner for all the work you're doing on the NFA case.  I live a block away from the convention center... let me know if you have time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll be going a couple of the days...
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

When I say the NRA mails me nothing, I mean not a damn thing. I guess one of you fellas is getting my share of the junk mail.
View Quote

That's a good question:  How do you prove you are a NRA member?  I don't have a NRA ID or anything.  I guess I could take one of NRA mags with it's mailing label........

Thanks,

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's a good question:  How do you prove you are a NRA member?  I don't have a NRA ID or anything.  I guess I could take one of NRA mags with it's mailing label........

Thanks,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

Give them a call and ask.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Thanks,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

I believe a magazine label would be accepted as proof of membership. Or just preregister via the AM site and skip the line.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#34]
I just pre-registered and they are aparently sending my badge to my house. Just need your NRA member number.. I found mine just searching my email lol
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I'll be there. We should do an arfcom meet and greet.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Beer Seller on Church St. would be where I would suggest. 75+ draft taps, two pool tables & 150 different bottle brands of beer = arfcom, IMO.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Beer Seller on Church St. would be where I would suggest. 75+ draft taps, two pool tables & 150 different bottle brands of beer = arfcom, IMO.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just don't expect any cell service.  It's a black hole for Verizon anyway.  Fun place though.  Darts, pool tables, allow smoking (I don't but some here might).
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Beer Sellar on Church St. would be where I would suggest. 75+ draft taps, two pool tables & 150 different bottle brands of beer = arfcom, IMO.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beer Sellar on Church St. would be where I would suggest. 75+ draft taps, two pool tables & 150 different bottle brands of beer = arfcom, IMO.  

http://www.originalbeersellar.com
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:22:04 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm up for a get-together.

Wednesday or Friday night works best for me.

I'll be working the NRA Foundation/Friends of NRA Banquet Thursday night.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:52:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Couple of quick questions for the multitude.

1.  How safe is the LP parking lot folks are going to be bussed from?

2.  Will the shuttle buses allow folded wheelchairs on board?

3.  Can you use private wheelchairs or do you HAVE to rent one the NRA is touting at a mere $40.00 a day?!?!

4.  With the current Metro mayor and the trouble the NRA has had in the past. is concealed carry going to be allowed?
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Couple of quick questions for the multitude.

1.  How safe is the LP parking lot folks are going to be bussed from?
Should be no issue as the FSA will be aware it's the NRA members there. IOW, they don't want to get shot.

2.  Will the shuttle buses allow folded wheelchairs on board?
Depends on which ones are used. City owned buses are almost always ADA compliant. I can't imagine why one couldn't carry on a wheelchair though.

3.  Can you use private wheelchairs or do you HAVE to rent one the NRA is touting at a mere $40.00 a day?!?!
Private wheelchairs are absolutely allowed.

4.  With the current Metro mayor and the trouble the NRA has had in the past. is concealed carry going to be allowed?
View Quote

Seems to still to be determined. Others might know for certain, but *I* can't say for certain yet.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm coming in from a business trip and my days off end the Monday before the convention.  I have a feeling my company will send me out of state before the convention kicks off.

If not, I'm in.  Would be silly not to go if I'm in town.

Picking up three new guns next week to get in the spirit.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Didn't realize it was in Nashville this year.  I'm on the fence about it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

...according to the NRAAM site, ...licensed carry (i'm assuming this means licensed CC only, as I'm not familiar w/ TN's laws?) is permitted in Music City Center (i.e. Exhibit Halls), but not in Bridgestone Arena...
see yellow banner at bottom: http://www.nraam.org/
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

...according to the NRAAM site, ...licensed carry (i'm assuming this means licensed CC only, as I'm not familiar w/ TN's laws?) is permitted in Music City Center (i.e. Exhibit Halls), but not in Bridgestone Arena...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What parts of the show are in the bridgestone arena?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...I think the Saturnday Night event/concert (which is sold out) is....   most everything else is in Music City Center, NRA festival will be outside across from Music City Center, ..and the Country Jam is going to be on the street in downtown...
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:13:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

...I think the Saturnday Night event/concert (which is sold out) is....   most everything else is in Music City Center, NRA festival will be outside across from Music City Center, ..and the Country Jam is going to be on the street in downtown...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if I'm just going friday for the booths, im good?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

It would appear to be, yes.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm planning on just going on Friday for the Exhibit hall.

Anyone else going on Friday from the Clarksville/FT Campbell area? My truck is having some issues, and I'm not sure if I can have it going good by then. I'd rather ride with an ARFcommer than take my wife's car.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:31:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep, that's how I interpret it, ...but i'm the out-of-town guy...   so, I still need to read up on the TN laws...  i'm getting the impression that TN is not an open carry state, or maybe requires a license to open carry?... i'll be CC'ing though...   one thing I need to look into is the laws as pertains to CC in establishments where alcohol is served, since I'm inclined to think this was a 50/50 type condition, but perhaps was modified of late?...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top