Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2015 2:45:16 AM EDT

Is there anyone south of Nashville that could chop and thread an AR barrel?  It needs to be cut to about 8" (300BLK).

Franklin / Spring Hill / Murfreesboro / Columbia...  Anyone down that way that could do it?

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey parshooter, I just got my AR from a shop in Franklin called Everything weapons and they also do gum smithing also you can check them out.

Here's the address and phone.  

Everything Weapons
7061 mores lane
Brentwood TN 37027

#615-915-4885.  Ask for Calvin or Blake I'm pretty sure they can help,or answer any question you may have. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Thank you.  That's a really nice, busy store - the staff are friendly, courteous and knowledgeable plus the place seems to be very Black-Rifle-Centric.  They have a large selection of AR's, handguns, suppressors, ammo and accessories.  

They don't have an in-house shop there but Bill the gunsmith comes around every Saturday afternoon.  I was able to meet with him and work through several issues related to this project.  

Thank you again for the heads-up.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I need the exact same service done but in north end (Hendersonville, Gallatin) Nashville...
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:30:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Adco is faster and cheaper than anyone in town.

Been there and done that.

No shop in town - including everything weapons could guarantee concentric threads (suppressor mounting ).

Don't send it to a general smith, send it to the folks who do it daily.

My $.02
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#5]
You could just buy a new barrel and sell the other one. You may come out ahead going this route.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:58:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll second adco. They are the only company that gets my business. Had to send in a barrel that a so called gunsmith in gallatin tried to thread. Adco cut off the bad thread job and rethreaded and recrowned the barrel. Super quick turnaround also.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll second adco. They are the only company that gets my business. Had to send in a barrel that a so called gunsmith in gallatin tried to thread. Adco cut off the bad thread job and rethreaded and recrowned the barrel. Super quick turnaround also.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You didn't have to double tap to get your point across
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So nice he said it twice...

I fail to see the issue here.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 12:52:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You could just buy a new barrel and sell the other one. You may come out ahead going this route.
View Quote

In hindsight, that was probably the best option but I'd already dropped it off.  He cut it longer than preferred due to concerns about function (not a pistol-length gas block).  The work looks good but I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.  This was a Black Friday special; 200 bucks for the complete upper.  Now to finish that can...  

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You could just buy a new barrel and sell the other one. You may will come out ahead going this route.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:32:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I need the exact same service done but in north end (Hendersonville, Gallatin) Nashville...
View Quote

Just checked this thread. Check with Jeff at the Guns and Leather in Greenbriar.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Lock stock and barrel in franklin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top