Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2015 2:37:19 PM EDT
Help me find a gun store. I was there a few years ago and found a store in the airport part of town. I don't mean real close to the airport but that area versus something like Bartlett. The road it was on makes a sweeping 90° turn close to the store. It had a lot of used rifles, lever actions and bolt actions, I don't remember seeing a lot of EBRs.

Does this ring a bell with any of you? How about suggesting a couple other gun stores to check out? I'll be in town February 11 through the 13th. I hope to check out a couple gun stores while I'm there.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:50:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Help me find a gun store. I was there a few years ago and found a store in the airport part of town. I don't mean real close to the airport but that area versus something like Bartlett. The road it was on makes a sweeping 90° turn close to the store. It had a lot of used rifles, lever actions and bolt actions, I don't remember seeing a lot of EBRs.

Does this ring a bell with any of you? How about suggesting a couple other gun stores to check out? I'll be in town February 11 through the 13th. I hope to check out a couple gun stores while I'm there.

Thanks for the help.
View Quote

Rangemaster is all I can think of.  It was one of the very few south of the 240 loop.  Unfortunately they are closed now and even the past few years, their inventory didn't amount to much.

Fortunately there are a lot of shops in town now.  I'd suggest, in order of largest inventory:

Guns & Ammo 3615 Summer Avenue
Classic Arms 1740 North Germantown Parkway
Accent Guns 3632 Summer Avenue  (prices so high, I wouldn't bother... but it's right across the street from G&A)
Arms Fair 7845 Trinity Road
Avery Outdoors 335 Cumberland Street
Range USA 2770 Whitten Road  (indoor range & gun rental plus cafe and small gun shop)
Accurate Law Enforcement 3562 Summer Avenue  (a smallish shop but prices aren't bad and again they are right across from G&A)
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:10:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I think Op is describing rangemaster as the other poster states.  Its the only shop with a "sweeping turn" around it, the turn off of Mt. Moriah on to Mendenhall?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:00:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys that was it, it's too bad they closed.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#4]
That pic has [wayyyyyy more light than any time I was ever in rangemaster. It was like a cave then.  
Actually, I ran into an aquantance at the gas station this morning (the kroger one on Stage) and he said that there was a new shop opening on Whitten in a month or so.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Weird, what with RangeUSA already being out there and all.

Oh, and I agree with the cave thing. The lighting was okay, but not great.

Also the place I first heard "Canadian" as a derogatory term for a black person. From a working staff member.
View Quote

That place. I'd rather shoot under a bridge than there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also the place I first heard "Canadian" as a derogatory term for a black person. From a working staff member.

RangeUSA?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:30:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

RangeUSA?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RangeUSA?

Range Master. But yeah, I'm glad I don't have to use RangeUSA either. I like to be able to do whatever I want when I shoot.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:03:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 6:31:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a new one for me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 6:32:09 AM EDT
[#11]
OK Watch out I'll be in town Wednesday night until Friday evening.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top