Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2015 6:15:02 PM EDT
Hello ladies and gents, My name Is Jose and just moved up from Miami to Nashville/ Spring Hill TN going on 3 years now and loving it. I've never owned a AR15 before but the wife is surprising me with one for my birthday that just passed. I use to shoot a lot in Miami with my 1911 Kimber Custom II TLE, and now looking to step it up with an AR15. I'm new to this and any advice and recommendations I can get on which AR to purchase would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again guys and girls.

Jose
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry guys don't know why this posted twice. Can this 2nd thread please be deleted. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome Jose!  Learn to keep your gloves up around these jokers. You'll get a thousand different opinions on AR's. This is a great time to be a buyer as the market is flooded and no one is really buying. Personally, I like Armalite, Colt (not colt comp.), FN, and Sig.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome FNG. I live on the other side of Nashville from you...but if you don't mind the drive I'll take ya shootin' at my club. Just got to give me a few months to recover from surgery.

Again.....Welcome to our fine state.

p.s......Don't listen to anything that Bob Cole says.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads up TNMike. Lol.  I was doing some research earlier today and decided to go with the Colt LE6940 serious AR15. I was also looking at the M&P AR15 but the colt kept standing out to me more. Once I get it in the next couple of weeks I'll post up a pic of it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks brother for the welcome and the offer, and yea I might take you up on that.  Do you have a website for your club to read on it if you don't mind. Also I'll keep intouch with you here on the forum to see how your doing from the surgery to meet up and hit the range.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
My club is called Gallatin Gun Club. The website is the name.org.

There's a new club that just opened up on your side of town that has been talked about a lot here lately.

Can't remember the name of it right now. I'm sure someone will chime in with the name. It sound like it's the cat's ass.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome!

Stick to the regular forums and stay out of General Discussion.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Lmao and thanks again for the info. I'll look out for it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Lol thanks for the tip and the welcome also Durka.  Is it bad in that General discussion?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:39:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol thanks for the tip and the welcome also Durka.  Is it bad in that General discussion?
View Quote

You'll just lose your faith in humanity, grow to hate certain people and occupations, and laugh while doing it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:03:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You'll just lose your faith in humanity, grow to hate certain people and occupations, and laugh while doing it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's pretty bad in the GD. It's full of really mean an witty 4th graders that you can not beat to death.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up TNMike. Lol.  I was doing some research earlier today and decided to go with the Colt LE6940 serious AR15. I was also looking at the M&P AR15 but the colt kept standing out to me more. Once I get it in the next couple of weeks I'll post up a pic of it.
View Quote

The 6940 IMO is a better buy, plus it'll hold it's value better than the Smith.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Lmao guys, I'll definetly take your advice and not go there.  Lol thanks Hank for the welcome brother.  I'm been laughing all day today cause I don't really know who's more excited about the AR me or wife. She's been sending me all kinds of info on aim points,sights, safes etc etc.  lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome to this place called Arfcom, and the this fine state, (from a Ga transplant, to be honest TN has been my home half my life).  

About this place....

Tech forums are a great place to learn, BS is not put up with. (this includes survival forum as well)

GD is a great place for breaking news, and good laugh. Just don't take anything there to seriously. (When I recommend this place to family and friends for info I tell them to stay out of GD as it is a zoo, enter at your own discretion.

If you like the place the $24 for the team membership is worth it in my opinion for $2 per month you get to subscribe to threads which helps to keep track in fast paced areas of the site or if you don't get to visit and read often as well as a jump to last post read feature, as well as team GD ( a more civilized place)    

C
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

GD is a great place for breaking news, and good laugh. Just don't take anything there to seriously. (When I recommend this place to family and friends for info I tell them to stay out of GD as it is a zoo, enter at your own discretion.

View Quote

Zoo is right. It's a bunch of drunk monkeys flinging poo and bodily fluids at anyone that enters.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Zoo is right. It's a bunch of drunk monkeys flinging poo and bodily fluids at anyone that enters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Thanks for the welcome constitutionlvr. I've been hearing about how bad the GD is.  I'm definitely going to stay out of it unless I want to read some stuff and get a good laugh about it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Bellevue/West Nashville checking in, I'm Ironhandjohn, the resident Indian(feathers not dots). The new range being discussed is Strategic Edge in Eagldville, not far from you. Finslayer83 and I will be checking it out soon, as we sling lead together frequently.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Bellevue/West Nashville checking in, I'm Ironhandjohn, the resident Indian(feathers not dots). The new range being discussed is Strategic Edge in Eagldville, not far from you. Finslayer83 and I will be checking it out soon, as we sling lead together frequently.
View Quote

That sir offends me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey guys I've been doing some research on optics, and not only am I getting the Colt AR but my wife is also throwing in another $500 cause I think she got my IPad and saw that I had saved a picture of the Aimpoint pro optic red dot.  Would you guy recomend that for a first time buyer cause I here a lot of people always talking about eo techs and others.  Thanks for the input and recommendations.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:39:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Hey guys I've been doing some research on optics, and not only am I getting the Colt AR but my wife is also throwing in another $500 cause I think she got my IPad and saw that I had saved a picture of the Aimpoint pro optic red dot.  Would you guy recomend that for a first time buyer cause I here a lot of people always talking about eo techs and others.  Thanks for the input and recommendations.
View Quote

Have you discovered the Charlie Haffner Memorial Range yet?  It should be less than 4 miles from you.

If I were buying the Aimpoint Pro today, it would come from here.  (You may want to check out the LaRue forum as well.)

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:51:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like you got bit by the bug.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Sweet parshooter, thanks for the heads up on the range that will be perfect to start breaking in the Colt. And also thanks for the larue site for the aimpoints pro optic cause that's a sweet price.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Durka, sorry I keep calling you by that cause I haven't caught you guys name yet, but he'll yea brother I got bit and I like it.  Lol.  I use to go shooting with the wife in Miami at least once a month to let loose the 1911 Kimber but the prices for the ranges were ridiculos and we didn't have all this land like we have here in Tennessee to be able to explore and shoot everything was indoor.  So me and the wife have been looking to get 5-25 acres here in Spring Hill/Thompson station/ or Maury county to be able to have my own little shooting range.  Lol
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Well guys I finally bit the bullet but went a different route. Instead on getting the LE6940 colt I went with the Daniel Defense M4v3 and I'm really happy with the choice. I'll post up a pic shortly.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, the Aimpoint PRO will be a solid choice. I would take one over an EOTech every day of the week.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks pointman12, I ended up ordering it from LaRue.  Can't waite to instal it and try it out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks pointman12, I ended up ordering it from LaRue.  Can't waite to instal it and try it out.
View Quote

Enjoy your dillo dust. I recommend trying it on eggs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:30:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Lol or maybe on some chicken.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#31]
I think you'll enjoy your new pea shooter.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks brother, I'm definitely looking forward to hitting the range with it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Here it is guys. Just picked up yesterday for $1299 DD M4V3. Now just waiting on the aimpoint pro.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Here it is guys. Just picked up yesterday for $1299 DD M4V3. Now just waiting on the aimpoint pro.

<a href="http://s841.photobucket.com/user/barebonesll/media/9E7FDBC4-AEB2-4846-B8F1-D99DD1B370BE_zpsbjdmtszt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz339/barebonesll/9E7FDBC4-AEB2-4846-B8F1-D99DD1B370BE_zpsbjdmtszt.jpg</a>
View Quote

Very nice! Solid rifle you have there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s841.photobucket.com/user/barebonesll/media/9E7FDBC4-AEB2-4846-B8F1-D99DD1B370BE_zpsbjdmtszt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz339/barebonesll/9E7FDBC4-AEB2-4846-B8F1-D99DD1B370BE_zpsbjdmtszt.jpg</a>

Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz339/barebonesll/9E7FDBC4-AEB2-4846-B8F1-D99DD1B370BE_zpsbjdmtszt.jpg
View Quote

Nice!  So how's that working out for ya'; sighted it in yet?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top