Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 9:03:51 AM EDT
Anyone besides me keeping up with it? Based on what I've seen via the news so far, the defendants' asses are grass & the judge will be the lawnmower.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#1]
No, but "Vandy Rape" has a nice ring to it.  I am talking to marketing on Monday.....

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, but "Vandy Rape" has a nice ring to it.  I am talking to marketing on Monday.....
View Quote

I hope no female close to you is ever raped................  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, they have, a number of them, including one who was tied up, beaten and raped repeatedly over a period of many hours.  Doesn't mean that "Vandy Rape" doesn't sound goofy in this context.  In addition to being close to rape victims, my wife's Yale grad school classmate was Annie Le who was sexually assaulted after she was murdered and then stuffed in a wall by a lab tech.  "Yalie Murder" would have sounded goofy given the seriousness of the crime.

So, I get it.

No intent to disrespect the seriousness, just busting your balls for your word choice.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:45:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I hope justice is served. The whole thing almost wasn't discovered if not for campus police searching for vandalism happened to see the girl being drug down a hallway. I can't imagine someone treating another human being in that way. Sickening. I wonder what will be found out about all the people that tried to cover it up. I've heard there might be a coach or two implicated.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:19:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No intent to disrespect the seriousness, just busting your balls for your word choice.
View Quote

Most MEN wait until they know someone before they "bust their balls". You don't know me & vice versa, so maintain your manners, eh?  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:26:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hope justice is served. The whole thing almost wasn't discovered if not for campus police searching for vandalism happened to see the girl being drug down a hallway. I can't imagine someone treating another human being in that way. Sickening. I wonder what will be found out about all the people that tried to cover it up. I've heard there might be a coach or two implicated.
View Quote

College's in general are known to cover up & minimize rape claims from females. Certainly alcohol plays a role in this as it's no doubt difficult to decide what happened when everyone was drunk.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Not much so far via CH5 News stories. George Plaster commented the other day that he was told the testimony by Chris Hope (name?) will destroy the defense.

Women get pissed at me when I bring up WHY the girl allowed herself to drink herself into unconsciousness? One of the first things a parent should teach a teen daughter is to NEVER lose situational awareness, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Most MEN wait until they know someone before they "bust their balls". You don't know me & vice versa, so maintain your manners, eh?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:22:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

James  Franklin seems just the kind of great leader who would tell these misunderstood yutes to not say shit

Time will tell but whether Franklin is caught up in it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:52:03 AM EDT
[#11]
The Vandy Rape Trilal peals the onion just a little.  It exposes the rot there.  From the top down there is a "protect us at all costs" mentality.

The hospital is a classic example.  Great PR but the rot from the inside you can smell.  Never a hint in the media that a patient was injured there.  Are you kidding me? With the sheer volume of patients you know someone was hurt.  Why no stories?  Because the media is bed.  Especially public TV and radio.  VU pays them.

A cesspool of corruption in the system there.  Those you men are just the symptom.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Vandy Rape Trilal peals the onion just a little.  It exposes the rot there.  From the top down there is a "protect us at all costs" mentality.
View Quote

This is nothing new for we long time Nashville residents, IMO.

Remember the drunken football player who fell down the elevator shaft & died? Nary a mention of the alcohol abuse in the dorms or student body, IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Remember the drunken football player who fell down the elevator shaft & died? Nary a mention of the alcohol abuse in the dorms or student body, IIRC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't one also fall out of one the dorm tower windows, too? This was awhile ago, but stupid shit like that is always going on around Vandy. This may be why the Vanderbilt PD are such thugs around Weet End.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I heard that story also from my coworker when I got hired to do elevator inspections, but thank god the kid didn't die. His name is Luke Hammond 19 yrs old and the elevator he and his teammates were on got stuck between the 9th and 10th floor when he tried to get out on the lower floor and fell 100ft and survived but had internal injuries  talk about having angels with him from that high of a fall.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, the first two were found GUILTY on Ag Rape & all charges.

Corey Batey's defense? "I was too drunk to know what I was doing......."  

He also turned 21 today, I heard.

The smart money says the remaining defendants will reach plea bargains.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top