Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2014 10:13:44 PM EDT
Will be in town over President's weekend/Valentine's Day.  Leaving kids home, just the two of us.  We are both 42, so not too old just yet...  

Staying at the Renaissance Hotel on Commerce Street.  Never been before so I have no idea what to do.  So far, I'm assuming we'll see the Country Music Hall of Fame and Ryman Auditorium.  I'd like to give her the opportunity to hear some live music/shows.  So far, none of the scheduled shows at some of the larger venues seem to be up her alley, though.  (except maybe a show at the Ryman on Sunday night, but it sounds like it might be too much of a Christian music show)  I hear there's plenty of live music in the local bars/restaurants, so betting on that option.

I would really appreciate some tips on what else to do around town as well as a couple of "must do" spots to eat.  We'll be getting in mid-day Friday and leaving early Monday morning.  Not planning to have a car.  Cost really isn't an issue, want to show her a really great time.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to the Opryland Hotel and kiss her under the waterfall and tell her a bunch of BS about it being your special place and you are now sharing it with her.

Guaranteed to get you laid  

Or slapped if you told her friend the same thing  
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:04:24 PM EDT
[#2]
NWTF Convention is in town that same weekend, just FYI.

There is plenty of live music just about anywhere/any bar/any restaurant that you step into in the Nashville area - especially downtown.

The Southern and Puckett's Grocery are two local and great restaurants.  Both are downtown and close to Broadway and all.  Prince's Chicken, There are also more "recognizable" restaurants like The Palm, Flemings, etc that are close by.  Kayne Prime, Whiskey Kitchen and others are good options, too.  If you want to be "tourists", you can hit places like Loveless Cafe or Bluebird Cafe (with reservations).

If you change your mind on getting a car, the Jack Daniel's Distillery and Hermitage (President Andrew Jackson's someplace) are both great ideas for things to do during the day, but both are outside the Downtown area.  Look into The Lane Motor Museum, The Grand Ole Opry (separate from The Ryman) and The Opryland Hotel.

Lots to do around Downtown though.  You're staying in a good place and within walking distance to Broadway and such.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:48:53 AM EDT
[#3]
2nd ave and Broadway are the tourist areas. I hate them because of that but you gotta walk that area to say you've been there. Kayne Prime is one of wife's favs to eat. I'm more of a Flemings kinda guy. For a great dining expirence I recommend Cat Bird Seat and pay for the drink pairing not the wine. If you do Cat Bird, book now and you may have to BS and say you have like 6 in your party then call a couple days out and say only 2 can make it.
Preds game is a must and pay for the Lexus Lounge unless you wanna do fancy dinner before or after.  Centennial has a decent ice rink with awesome microwaved food. There's also a cool no joke indoor go-kart track near downtown.  If you're in town the 7-8 there's a gun show at the fairgrounds and for a 12pack of Molsen xxx I can get you in for free
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:48:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Pucketts is popular for their weekend breakfast buffet at 5th and Church.  It's only a 2-3 block walk from your hotel.

If you want to spend more, go to The Southern.

Broadway will have plenty of music all day.  No need for a car.

I always advise folks to try Merchants at 4th and Broadway.  Very affordable (stay downstairs!) and tasty.  I can sometimes be caught there three nights a week.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want a romantic, fine dining steak experience like no other in town, go to Kayne Prime.

Pricey but awesome.

http://mstreetnashville.com/restaurants/kayne-prime

The Hermitage Hotel downtown is the only 5 Diamond Hotel in Tennessee and was a very memorable stay.

We stayed their a few years ago and got the Romance Package that included breakfast at The Capitol Grille.

http://www.thehermitagehotel.com/specials.aspx

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you all, I really appreciate the tips.  I'm checking all these places out online right now.  For sure, Kayne Prime looks like its going on the list.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Reservations made for Kayne.  Puckett's and The Southern are now on the agenda for breakfast and brunch...  

Have to think about a car now, I completely forgot about the Jack Daniels Distillery!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:05:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Take her to Green Hills Mall & let her shop for 5-6 hours. You may not get laid as she'll already feel like she's had her sex....................    
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 2:09:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Take her to Green Hills Mall & let her shop for 5-6 hours. You may not get laid as she'll already feel like she's had her sex....................    
View Quote

5-6 hours of Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and Yurman? I can guarantee OP is indeed screwed.  

I meant to go today, but I've become deathly ill, and my brother will have to settle for cash this Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 2:24:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

5-6 hours of Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and Yurman? I can guarantee OP is indeed screwed.  

I meant to go today, but I've become deathly ill, and my brother will have to settle for cash this Christmas.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to hear about your illness. How "deathly" are U talking about??? Should I be the first to say "dibs on yer guns".

I'm going to be dealing with an amputation of my left lower leg sometime in January.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 2:37:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear about your illness. How "deathly" are U talking about??? Should I be the first to say "dibs on yer guns".

I'm going to be dealing with an amputation of my left lower leg sometime in January.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, way to make me feel like a bitch.

I've been utterly incapacitated by strep for three days.  Haven't had solid food since Saturday.  Saturday and Sunday night were sleepless and consisted mostly of watching TV.  I killed an entire season of Downton Abbey in 12 hours.

Last night, I would have voluntarily started handing guns out as mementos.  

Fever is below 100 as of an hour ago.  

I have to pick my brother up from the airport and entertain him tomorrow, so I need to shape the hell up in the next 18 hours.

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Dude. Fuck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude. Fuck.

Yeah. The "beetus" caught up with me and made me his bitch.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you want a romantic, fine dining steak experience like no other in town, go to Kayne Prime.

Pricey but awesome.

http://mstreetnashville.com/restaurants/kayne-prime

The Hermitage Hotel downtown is the only 5 Diamond Hotel in Tennessee and was a very memorable stay.

We stayed their a few years ago and got the Romance Package that included breakfast at The Capitol Grille.

http://www.thehermitagehotel.com/specials.aspx

View Quote

$499/night: did I get that right????  I started to make reservations for my wife and I 22nd anniversary, but $500 per night?  I don't think so.

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

$499/night: did I get that right????  I started to make reservations for my wife and I 22nd anniversary, but $500 per night?  I don't think so.
View Quote

Shoulda asked for the Pamela Anderson suite, it's a mere $3,000 a night..............  

You could've gotten a better rate than $499. If you still want to try, shoot me an e-mail, I've got a connection there.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top