Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2014 4:07:33 AM EDT
Hey guys, just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:29:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Happy Thanksgiving!

Who else has snow this morning?  
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#2]
A bad case of gastroenteritis has run through Chateau Ironhand this week, probably brought up from Texas by our oldest daughter and her son.  I think we're going to have our big meal sometime this weekend, as everyone is too sick to eat today.

How ironic that we are all sick on a holiday commemorating the beginning of the end of our ancestor's way of life.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Happy Thanksgiving!

AND

GO COWBOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How ironic that we are all sick on a holiday commemorating the beginning of the end of our ancestor's way of life.

View Quote

I DO love irony. You, OTOH, live it. I admire that....................    
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope everyone takes a second to reflect on all of the good things in their life.

Be thankful for your wives, your kids, your homes, your jobs, your friends, and also.........

those evil black rifles that brought you to this crazy site!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A bad case of gastroenteritis has run through Chateau Ironhand this week, probably brought up from Texas by our oldest daughter and her son.  I think we're going to have our big meal sometime this weekend, as everyone is too sick to eat today.

View Quote

A long family tradition is that somebody has to be sick on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Picked my daughter up at her dorm, the other night, and she's been dealing with the bug I had a couple weeks ago (fever that comes and goes, some sinus but not too bad, feel like crap, no energy, followed by a couple days of no energy after the fever finally goes away). She got up this morning with no fever, so maybe she's finally to the two days of no energy stage.

I guess I couldn't be lucky enough for the tradition to be satisfied with something like the ex-wife being the one to get sick on Christmas, this year....

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Happy Thanksgiving to all of y'all.

We're getting ready to go to the barrel full of white people for our meal.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#9]
For those who want to impress their family with their skills in the kitchen, here's an advanced task....  BURN WATER!

It's really a very simple trick.  Put the water in a pot, toss in a stick of butter, set it on high, then get busy with something else and forget about it for a few minutes....

When it boils over and the buttered water hits the glowing heating element... Voila, you have successfully burned water.

With very little effort, you can bring excitement to the family meal, and give the youngins a reason to burn off some of that unwanted energy by running around the house yelling "FIRE, FIRE".

My daughter is in college.  You'd think she wouldn't get excited over a few small flames, anymore...  

Nope.  She still gets excited by the wonder of fire.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Happy Thanksgiving guys! I hope you're all in a better place than me. I'm stuck in DisneyWorld hell all week.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#11]
So far my Thanksgiving Feast has consisted of a bottle of red Powerade, which took me all day to drink, a tiny piece of turkey skin, and some oyster crackers. The kids bounced back from this after 24-28 hours, so it's leftover-day tomorrow. As my 18-year old son said today after recovering from the illness, "I've never been so happy to be hungry in my life!!"
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:14:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I hope everyone takes a second to reflect on all of the good things in their life.

Be thankful for your wives, your kids, your homes, your jobs, your friends, and also.........

those evil black rifles that brought you to this crazy site!

Happy Thanksgiving!

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:29:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Happy Thanksgiving!  
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:17:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm a little late but oh well. Happy Turkey Day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top