BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How far from Knoxville/Maryville you have to go to shoot on your own property without getting complaints?
View Quote

If you are in Maryville city limits, shooting is a no-go. If you are out of city limits in Blount County, then you are good to go. Neighbors can complain but their complaints carry no legal weight, obviously.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Knoxville is nice, and yes, I live in Farragut.  

Forget owning acreage in West Knoxville for $400k...not even close.

Maryville is nice, and doable for all of your criteria.  You might want to consider Anderson County/Oak Ridge, or possibly Loudon and Roane County.  

There are pockets of nice areas in North, East, and South Knox County, but they are few and far between and West Knoxville is nicer overall.  The downside is that it is far too cost prohibitive to own much beyond an acre...so I bought 40 acres on the Cumberland Plateau to fart around on.

There is nothing that even resembles what could be considered "traffic" in East TN.  Living near Turkey Creek is a pain in the ass from Thanksgiving to New Year.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Regarding the previous poster and traffic.

It sure seems to me the last months have been crazy around here especially on the interstate, lots of serious wrecks and total shutdowns.

I travel between Knoxville, Oak Ridge and Chattanooga very regularly and for whatever reason, Knoxville has gone nuts the last several months.

Anyone else notice this?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It sure seems to me the last months have been crazy around here especially on the interstate, lots of serious wrecks and total shutdowns.

I travel between Knoxville, Oak Ridge and Chattanooga very regularly and for whatever reason, Knoxville has gone nuts the last several months.

Anyone else notice this?
View Quote

I drive 4000+ miles a month between Knoxville, Crossville, Oak Ridge, Morristown, and Tri-Cities, and yes, there is the occasional wreck, but I am rarely affected.  I guess I'm lucky.  The biggest problem involving interstate accidents around here is 18 wheelers because of I/40, I/75, and the proximity to I/81.  On average, you're probably talking 6-8 big wreck a year on the interstates in and around Knoxville.  Compared to Nashville, Atlanta, Memphis, and even Chattanooga...we have ZERO traffic.  But you are right in that there have been 2-3 really big ones in the last 6-8 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I drive 4000+ miles a month between Knoxville, Crossville, Oak Ridge, Morristown, and Tri-Cities, and yes, there is the occasional wreck, but I am rarely affected.  I guess I'm lucky.  The biggest problem involving interstate accidents around here is 18 wheelers because of I/40, I/75, and the proximity to I/81.  On average, you're probably talking 6-8 big wreck a year on the interstates in and around Knoxville.  Compared to Nashville, Atlanta, Memphis, and even Chattanooga...we have ZERO traffic.  But you are right in that there have been 2-3 really big ones in the last 6-8 weeks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone else notice this?

I'm with you on comparing our traffic to Atlanta and Nashville, but several times recently there have been complete shutdowns around here. I'm sure it's just an anomaly, but certain times its a PITA when coming in on 40.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Franklin mailing address, live on 5 secluded acres, have a shooting range in my back yard.

I'm 13 miles from downtown Franklin.

Neighbors on either side have stocked lakes that I'm welcome to fish in.

I didn't see it in the OPs criteria but the schools are excellent.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:46:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a Franklin mailing address, live on 5 secluded acres, have a shooting range in my back yard.

I'm 13 miles from downtown Franklin.

Neighbors on either side have stocked lakes that I'm welcome to fish in.

I didn't see it in the OPs criteria but the schools are excellent.
View Quote

13 miles what direction?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top