Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2014 9:01:52 PM EDT
Come out & see who pisses of Ironhand John at this show.........................  

Stop by The Gun Crew & say hello as well.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#1]
keep an eye on him, he can be trouble
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Come out & see who pisses of Ironhand John at this show.........................  
View Quote

I'll try and be the first to piss him off  His main mission will be to destroy anyone who is looking for a "foe five", "Deuce Deuce", "Choppa", or makes ridiculous offers like "would you take an H&R 12ga and $100 for that Ruger No1?"
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#3]
What are the hours and admission?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

9-5 Sat, 9-4 Sun. $8 door fee, $5 parking .
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ride with someone & split the parking fee. Makes it not as bad, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Handicrippled and my employees get free parking.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'll try and be the first to piss him off  His main mission will be to destroy anyone who is looking for a "foe five", "Deuce Deuce", "Choppa", or makes ridiculous offers like "would you take an H&R 12ga and $100 for that Ruger No1?"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a good idea since I'll be sitting right next to you on Saturday.

I'll be doing my impression of Randal from the film "Clerks"...

"This would be a great job if it wasn't for the fuckin' customers..."

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:40:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not a good idea since I'll be sitting right next to you on Saturday.
View Quote

Good, now we know where to send the guys who want $600 for their 50yr old 12ga pump with 28" bbl & fixed choke & all the Hi-Point owners.................    

Ah, nothing like gun show shenanigans....................    
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#9]
If he is tempted to buy something in an odd caliber tell him no.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey, man...

If I find a .460 Weatherby Magnum and ammo, I'm SO there. Then we can all take a trip to Hohenwald and do some ballistics testing.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll see you guys around there tomorrow. Gotta couple items I want to trade or sell and pick up some reloading supplies.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#12]
How does the C&R selection tend to be at these shows?

I feel the need to add something to my collection.  Maybe an Enfield or K98, which are getting hard to find now.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:39:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How does the C&R selection tend to be at these shows?

I feel the need to add something to my collection.  Maybe an Enfield or K98, which are getting hard to find now.  
View Quote

Hit or miss, much like many shows. Murf. show might be a better luck for you or better yet hit the TN Military Collector's Assoc. Show in Franklin, Turkey Day Weekend.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Saw .22LR ammo there for $4 per 50rd box.

Ammo prices were pretty much normal, IMO. I saw a MSAR AUG for a mere $2300. WTF was HE thinking?  

Sold a lady realtor her first gun, a S&W 442. She made me get in a pic with her holding it...................    

The idiot factor was actually pretty low, which was probably a good thing for John.  

Our senior citizen helper bought a Civil War carbine in .50 Smith caliber. I had never even heard of that one before. Learn some things at these shows if you keep yer head out of yer ass, I guess.

Crowd was pretty good size until about 2pm, then it thinned. There's also a British car show in the bldg. next door. I didn't get to make it over there. Not sure if they're there tomorrow or not?

Saw a gold-plated .50AE Desert Eagle.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#15]
John was kind enough to shop for me and pick up some needed JHP ammo.

saved me from having to pay for parking

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:37:35 AM EDT
[#16]
The idiots must have had better things to do yesterday, because we didn't have too many of them down at our end of the building. We DID send a few of them over to The Gun Crew, however, with instructions to ask Bob for help and advice.

The only really obnoxious guy was an old, old man wearing a giant cowboy hat, who kept asking "What kind of warranty y'all offer??" On our used guns. He didn't like 'As/Is' so be kept asking more loudly until he got the hint, and turned to leave. If he had turned around or stopped I was going to swat him over his pointy head with my cap.

This would be a great job if it wasn't for the fuckin' customers.

Where'd you go, Farl? Someone was interested in your FAL but you left before we could point you out.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:41:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The idiots must have had better things to do yesterday, because we didn't have too many of them down at our end of the building. We DID send a few of them over to The Gun Crew, however, with instructions to ask Bob for help and advice.

The only really obnoxious guy was an old, old man wearing a giant cowboy hat, who kept asking "What kind of warranty y'all offer??" On our used guns. He didn't like 'As/Is' so be kept asking more loudly until he got the hint, and turned to leave. If he had turned around or stopped I was going to swat him over his pointy head with my cap.
View Quote

Right back atcha..................    

Best $5 that old man ever made................    
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:39:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry John, I sold the other rifle so I decided I would hang on to the FAL a while longer.
Thanks for the assist, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I missed the show.  Got caught up at the Roller Derby International Championship.

I wish that was a joke.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top